Here's all the uber-important food news on this happy, rainy Friday.
- The McRib is bad for your health. [Time]
- The McRib is made from the same stuff used to make the soles of shoes. [The Week]
- The McRib is made from pigs that are horribly mistreated. [NY Daily News]
- Slash loves food trucks — that make salad. [SF Weekly]
- Woman finds live tree frog in salad at Alhambra Costco. [SGV Trib]
- Slurping soup across the globe. [Lonely Planet]
- The eternal cookie debate: Chewy vs. Crunchy. [Consumer Reports]
- Burger King unveils pizza-sized burger. [Fit Perez]
- Foodies web show tanks after 3 episodes. [Foodies]
- Peanut butter prices skyrocket. [CNN Money]
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.