It's Fashion Week Mexico right now, a week-long fair of new moda showcasing the fall and winter collections from many of Mexico's established designers and some exciting up-and-comers. Five years ago such a sentence might have sounded like an oxymoron. A fashion “scene,” in Mexico City? Yet the evidence continues to grow that there is a vibrant, energetic community of fashion designers, fashion journalists, fashion models, and legions of fashionistas that are firmly committed to making the D.F. a “hot” spot in the global fashion universe. The question is, who's going to actually buy the clothes?
* A look from designer Chabe's surprisingly sporty fall/winter collection.
* Interesting trousers and heels by Cherry Project.
* Paola Hernandez collection above and below.
* That's Paola Hernandez above, taking her bow. Below, fashion designers EGR and Marvin of Marvin y Quetzal, outside the Fashion Week venue. Followed by Quetzal and model Sarah Fanelli.
* Read more coverage at Diaro de Fiestas. We'll have more photos and notes later this week. Heading back to the pasarela!