We watch TMZ, so we're an expert on where to avoid the Paparazzi. Celebs should hire us just so we can show them how to lay low.
We kid, of course, on so many levels. It would appear to us that celebs and their handlers often tip off outlets regarding their whereabouts so they can get press. And those places we think are the prime campgrounds for paps? Not so much:
Gawker today published its list of “The Top 40 Places In Los Angeles Where Paparazzi Shoot Celebs.”
And while many familiar spots, including number 1 LAX, are on the list, we were surprised at how many unfamiliar places there were.
TMZ haunt Mastro's wasn't even on the list. Dan Tana's was in the lower fourth. We watch too much TV.
The list is the product of an anonymous “ex-pap,” according to the site so he (or she) would know.
Surprises (to us) include Asia de Cuba, which we had pegged as every Asian American girl's birthday dinner spot, Beacher's Madhouse (never heard) and Bootsy Bellows (same).
Here's the top 10:
2. Arclight Cinema – 6360 W Sunset Blvd
3. Asia de Cuba / Mondrian Hotel – 8440 Sunset Blvd
4. Bazaar / SLS Hotel – 465 S La Cienega Blvd
5. Beacher's Madhouse – 7000 Hollywood Blvd
“Late night crowd. Paps wait at exit.”
6. Boa Steakhouse – 9200 Sunset Blvd
“Paps wait by valet, big dinner crowd. Every night someone famous is there.”
7. Bootsy Bellows – 9229 W Sunset Blvd
8. Brentwood Country Mart – 225 26th St
“Paps hang in parking lot, big breakfast / lunch crowd.”
9. Maha Yoga/ Le Pain Quotiden – 13050 San Vincente Blvd
“Right by Brentwood Country Mart. Tommy Chong has breakfast every morning at Le Pain. Arnold Schwarzenegger is there a lot too.”
10. Bristol Farms – 9039 Beverly Blvd
Click here to see the rest. And don't all camp out at once. It gets crowded on those sidewalks.