Dodger Pitcher Trevor Bauer has filed a lawsuit against the San Diego woman who accused him of sexual assault in 2021.

Bauer announced the lawsuit on Monday, nearly three months after the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office said it would not file criminal charges on Bauer.

The lawsuit seeks a jury trial and names both his accuser Lindsey Hill and her lawyer Fred Thiagarajah, who Bauer said made false statements to the media.

“Ms. Hill’s motives for making her false claims and statements are now clear,” The lawsuit reads. “She wanted to destroy Mr. Bauer’s reputation and baseball career, garner attention
for herself, and extract millions of dollars from Mr. Bauer.”

Documents from the Bauer lawsuit said that in Hill’s pursuit for a domestic violence restraining order, she omitted not only conversations with Bauer, but medical reports that were “inconsistent with her claimed injuries.” The suit adds that Hill’s internet search history included the term “set up.”

Hill’s attorneys are being named in the lawsuit as well, with Bauer claiming they spread violated protective orders by giving TMZ photos from the investigation.

“After the Court granted the temporary ex parte restraining order, Ms. Hill and her attorneys engaged in a defamatory media campaign to further smear Mr. Bauer’s reputation and to ensure that Ms. Hill’s fabricated story gained maximum media exposure,” the lawsuit said. “During that media campaign, one of Ms. Hill’s attorneys violated a Court-issued Protective Order which limited disclosure of certain medical records by sharing photographs obtained from the PPD [Pasadena Police Department] with TMZ.”

Hill and Bauer met twice, with both parties claiming they had consensual “rough sex.” On June 29, the San Diego woman was granted a temporary restraining order, as she claimed bower punched her in the face, buttocks and vagina, as well as choked her to the point of losing consciousness—all claims that were denied by Bauer.

According to Bauer, after their second encounter, Hill spent the night after intercourse and upon leaving his residence, “did not look anything like the photos” of her with bruises on her face and body. Bauer added that they set “clear boundaries” and that she repeatedly consented in the process of intercourse.

In a 7-minute YouTube video that Bauer titled, “The Truth,” the Dodger pitcher spoke on the accusations and the D.A. decision to not file charges, refuting all claims against him.

“During the investigation, I’ve watched many draw premature conclusions based on an absurd amount of misinformation and false claims that had been circulated with absolutely no corroboration,” Bauer said in the February 8 video. “My version of events has not waivered because it is the truth. I also never ‘materially misled’ the courts as it was found that this woman did.”

The Dodgers season began on April 8 and Bauer has not seen the field this year as Major League Baseball has extended his administrative leave until at least April 29. Bauer’s administrative leave dates back to July 2, 2021 and he has not played since June 28, 2021.

In 2021, the Dodgers signed Bauer to a 3-year, $102 million contract, the highest per-year contract in Major League Baseball.

LA Weekly