Best of L.A. 2014
- Arts & Entertainment
- Bars & Clubs
- Food & Drink
- People & Places
- Shopping & Services
- Sports & Recreation
PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY RICKETT & SONES
If the usual experts are to be trusted, the end of the world is definitely coming one of these days. Some say it'll end in fire; some say in ice. Some say global climate change. All — with apologies to Robert Frost — would suffice.
So what are we to do? Seize the day! Hike that trail. Visit that restaurant. Catch that comedy show you never quite got around to seeing — when our time is short, even L.A.'s horrific traffic should be no deterrent.
For this year's Best of L.A. issue, we consulted five of the city's preeminent tastemakers and got their take on how they would spend their last day in Los Angeles. But no need to follow their blueprint. We've got more than 350 awesome things packed into this issue, along with 100 more winners culled from our annual readers poll. Get to know our favorite places in the City of Angels, the ones that make our heart sing and our pulse quicken. And then go make this city your own — today, before the end comes, before it's too late.
Find more Best of L.A. winners:
- Best Illegal HikeSunken City
- Best Alien-Themed Day TripThe Integratron
- Best Dog ParkLake Hollywood Park
- Best Hidden Park on an Old Oil FieldVista Hermosa Natural Park
- Best Place to Call Me IshmaelMoby Dick Reading Marathon
- Best Place to Clown AroundThe Clown School
- Best Polo FieldsWill Rogers State Historic Park
- Best Disc GolfChavez Ridge Disc Golf Club
This year's Best of L.A. issue pays homage to all the places in the city we're just not ready to say goodbye to yet. But it's not just us telling you our favorites. We also asked you to nominate your favorite places in Los Angeles — and then vote on the finalists. Here are your picks.more
- 10 Essential L.A. Restaurants With Amazing Brunch
- 10 Best Sausages in Los Angeles
- 10 Best Po' Boys in Los Angeles
- 10 Best New Burgers in Los Angeles
- 10 Places in L.A. to Eat $1 Tacos
- 10 Best Classic French Toasts in Los Angeles
- 8 Best Craft Beer Bottle Shops in L.A.
- 10 Best New Los Angeles Restaurants of 2014
- 10 Best Red Velvet Cakes in Los Angeles (VIDEO)
- 6 International Dishes You Can Taste in the Valley
- 10 Goofy Things to Do When You're Bored in L.A.
- 10 Best Restaurants in Highland Park
- Best of L.A. 2014: A Google Map
- 15 Great Things to Do in Koreatown