After a three-month closure and extensive coronavirus reconfigurations, Musso & Frank Grill will reopen to the public on Friday, June 26, with modified hours — Tuesdays through Saturdays, from 5 p.m.-11 p.m., and Sundays 5 p.m.-10 p.m. Customers must make online reservations prior to arriving.
To ensure safety for both customers and staff, the new landscape looks like this:
- Customers will only be seated at every other booth in the old room and at tables placed six feet apart in the new room.
- No groups larger than six people will be seated or served.
- Sixty percent of the restaurant’s capacity will be permitted to dine at one time.
- In addition to stations at the front and back entrances, hand sanitizer stations will also be located throughout the venue.
- Managers will be stationed at both entryway doors to ensure the proper flow of people and to make certain they maintain a distance of six feet from each other.
- Employees will have to fill out daily online questionnaires to ensure their health is up to par prior to their arriving at the restaurant; employees will also be temperature tested once they arrive at the restaurant.
- Only customers wearing masks will be permitted to enter the restaurant. Guests will be asked to wear cloth face coverings at all times when away from the table
- Server assistants will lay out table settings (silverware, glasses, etc.) only after each party has been seated at their table or booth.
- In the parking lot, Musso and Frank will have an assisted parking system, not a traditional valet. One of Musso’s valets will help in guiding customers where to park. The valet will not take possession of each customer’s car unless asked to do so.
- A manager will also greet each customer at the back entrance (via the Cherokee Avenue parking lot), and will provide a single use face covering for those who don’t have one. The manager will explain to guests the general face cover requirement while in the restaurant. Each guest will also find a hand sanitizer station for their use at the back entrance.
- Only single-use menus, which will be printed daily, will be utilized. The menus can then either be taken home by customers as souvenirs or else they will be discarded.
- Bathrooms will be deep cleaned and sanitized every 30 minutes; social distancing will also be observed in both bathrooms.
- Musso’s air conditioning filters have been retrofitted to include hospital grade filtration.
Women-owned and founded ice cream brand CoolHaus has just released a new flavor in celebration of Pride month. EnjoyMINT For All is a celebration of the progress that’s been made for the LGBTQIA+ community. As a queer-led business, Pride is especially personal to Coolhaus and each year they look forward to supporting their mission to empower, inspire and represent all.
The new dairy free EnjoyMINT for All combines a peppermint base with a rich trail of chocolate cookie crumbs and a gooey purple marshmallow swirl. The frozen dessert is available now at National Co+op Grocers nationwide as well as limited availability on Uber Eats and Postmates in select locations.
Chado Tea, is donating the proceeds of all in-store and online tea sales from Monday, June 29 through July 4 to Namvets (National Association of Minority Veterans), an organization dedicated to improving the lives of minority veteran communities across the US by providing housing, counseling and employment programs.
While all tea sales will support the organization, Chado has also released two timely new summer tea blends in honor of July 4th and our brave minority vets: Red, White & Blue Blend (available in-store).
A fragrant, herbal white tea with hibiscus, cornflower, rose hips, goji, lychee and cabernet flavor. And there’s the Boston Tea Party (available in-store or online,) a blend of two light black teas perfect for summer: champagne ceylon and Indian black tea.
Phillip Frankland Lee and Margarita Kallas-Lee opened their latest concept, Pasta|Bar, for dine-in consumption only this week in Encino. Following coronavirus physical distancing guidance for dine-in restaurants, Pasta|Bar offers a nightly tasting menu with eight counter spaces per seating. Similar to their other concepts, the Lees will make everything from scratch and create dishes inspired by Italy’s most beloved regions and traditions, while adding their own unique pasta perspective.
Summer is Here
After months indoors, Southern Californians are officially swinging into summer by hitting the beaches and the Santa Monica pier, which reopened this week. To celebrate the start of the season Maha Organic Hard Seltzer is giving away the ultimate day at the beach.
Simply sign up at MovewithMaha.com and stop by the Joyride van sponsored by Maha on Saturday, June 27 and Sunday June 28 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. to pick up your complimentary beach rental and other giveaways including masks and beach bags. From beach cruisers to sports equipment like frisbees and spike ball, Maha is hooking up Angelenos with some much-needed fun in the sun. After working up a thirst, locals 21+ can cool down with a Maha hard seltzer at bars nearby including Chez Jay, Craftsman and Rusty’s Surf Ranch.
Burgers, bacon, and beer — Slater’s 50/50, the popular burger concept known for its over-the-top, “slaterized” menu items and 50/50 burger patty made with 50 percent ground bacon and 50 percent ground beef, has officially opened its first Santa Clarita Valley location at Valencia Town Center. The restaurant will be led by franchise owner and operator, Homayoun Daryani, who has also owned Persia Lounge and Restaurant in Valencia for 16 years.
The newest Slater’s 50/50 outpost is an expansive 8,000-square-foot space that includes an indoor dining room, three patios and 40 different self-serve beer taps from local Santa Clarita-based breweries. The restaurant also features a shake and espresso bar that opens directly into Valencia Town Center.
Gelateria Uli is gearing up for the 4th of July and taking pre-orders now for three summertime frozen pies featuring three gelato flavors, topped with vegan caramel and sprinkled with your favorite Speculoos cookie crumbs. Uli’s signature waffle cones are the pie crust. Flavors include Summertime Lemonade Stand with lemon sorbet (vegan), Caramel Corn with sweet white corn gelato (dairy-based) and Peach Cobbler with peach sorbet (vegan.)
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.