COVID-19 has us all sitting at home, searching for new things to try this summer. Well, if you haven’t heard of CBD-infused cocktails, you’re in for a ride! These cocktails are delicious and bring all the health benefits of CBD. So, if you wish to have some fun and chill, try these ten popular DIY recipes at home.
What is CBD, and Why Are People Consuming it?
Cannabidiol, aka CBD, is a compound found in marijuana and hemp plants. It is used for its healing and therapeutic properties. Unlike other compounds, such as Delta 8 and Delta 9 THC, CBD has no psychoactive ingredients.
Many people mix CBD with THC to minimize the psychoactive effects of the latter. While CBD oil is very popular, it has since been incorporated in many other things, such as edibles and flowers.
CBD started gaining fame around the early 2000s, and since then, many have experimented with the cannabis compound to enjoy its full benefits. CBD-infused drinks have proven to kill cancer cells, protect healthy cells, and help with problems such as chronic pain, mental illnesses, behavioral disorders, sleeping disorders, and even acne.
The list of benefits goes on and on; however, one benefit of the CBD-infused drinks, in particular, is that you can enjoy all these health benefits and beat the summer heat. You can use CBD oils or CBD tinctures to infuse into a summer cocktail.
Tinctures are mixed well into the drinks while oils float and give off the aromas of CBD in a drink. CBD mixed with alcohol can amplify the effects of the two substances. However, CBD might also reduce the cell damage associated with alcohol consumption.
Let’s take a look at some of the most famous CBD cocktail recipes from around the world:
1. CBD Mint Julep
The euphoria and relaxation you get from CBD are doubled when mixed with Whiskey. You can add mint into the mix to add more aroma and taste to your CBD cocktail. Here’s how Maxwell Reis from Gracias Madre likes to make it:
- Mix six cannabis leaves and two mint leaves in ½ ounce syrup in a chilled julep cup
- Add 2 ½ ounces of bourbon and add some pebble ice
- Stir and add more ice
- Finish with a garnish of either three cannabis leaves or three mint springs
2. The Chill Lebowski
CBD with Vodka will amplify the effects of both, making you happier, more social, and confident. Here’s how Nickel from Hotel Teatro mixes the combo:
- Mix 1-ounce Vodka, 1-ounce espresso, 1-ounce honey, 1 ounce of spicy liqueur, ½ ounce of herb-flavored liqueur, one egg white two dashes of chocolate bitters.
- Shake the ingredients in a cup until it becomes a frothy mixture.
- Take the cocktail out in a snifter and add a little CBD on top of the foam.
3. CBD Cosmopolitan
Have something to celebrate this year? Do it with this perfect CBD-infused cosmopolitan.
- Mix ½ ounce lime juice, 1-ounce cranberry juice, ½ ounce Cointreau, and 1 ½ ounce Vodka.
- Shake the ingredients together and add one dropper of CBD tincture into the mix.
- Pour in a chilled martini glass and garnish with an orange.
4. CBD Mezcal Margarita
If you love incorporating greens in your daily food and beverages, you can make it more fun with this drink. Here’s how you can make your CBD cocktails healthier:
- Add 1 ounce each for Mezcal, aquavit, and any greens’ juice.
- Mix in ¾ ounce of lime juice and the same amount of agave syrup.
- Add one pinch of salt and 15 mg of a CBD tincture.
- Shake the mixture and sine strain it in a lowball glass.
- Add one large ice cube and garnish it with your favorite greens or an edible flower.
5. Gin and Chronic
If you’re a gin and tonic fan and love to unwind with a glass or two, this will be a perfect combo for you. Here’s how it’s made:
- Add 1 ½ ounces gin, 3 ½ ounces tonic water, and ¼ ounce lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients and add ice.
- Add edible flowers, herbs, or lime wheel on top as a garnish.
- Pour one dropper of CBD oil on top and let it float.
6. CBD and Brandy
CBD and Brandy mixed together can do wonders for your sleeping habits. This will be a great mix for those of you struggling with sleeping disorders, such as insomnia. In addition to this, it will also help improve your appetite.
So, let’s jump right into the recipe:
- Boil 1 cup of distilled water.
- Add one tablespoon of chamomile leaves and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour the water in a mug and add 1 ounce of blackberry Brandy and the same amount of CBD tincture.
- Enjoy a relaxing time at the end of the day.
How to Get CBD Oil and CBD Tinctures
Now that you know how to make alcohol and CBD-infused cocktails let’s find you some CBD to purchase online. Whether it is CBD tinctures or CBD oil, we’ve got you covered.
Who wants to wait in long lines at the dispensary to enjoy their CBD-infused drinks? Visit our website and buy one of the best and reliable CBD products. Click here to make a purchase and let us help you find the perfect CBD cocktails.