Like everything this year, the holidays may look a little different, but that doesn’t mean they have to be any less special. Whether you’re opting for a smaller, intimate family meal, or finding creative ways to host a safe, festive gathering, there are still plenty of options for sharing food with your loved ones. And shopping for your holiday meals online has never been easier than with Rastellis.com
Share a Meal Around Different Tables
If you can’t imagine the holidays without grandma, but it’s not feeling safe to gather, you can still share a meal virtually by cooking and eating the same things together…from a distance. Buy your Thanksgiving meal, and send the same meal to loved ones. Dine over Facetime or Zoom for a shared meal around different tables. No, it won’t be the same, but you may be surprised by how satisfying it can be… and you’ll have fewer dishes to wash.
Simplify, So You Can Focus on What Matters
No one needs extra stress right now, particularly at this time of year. Try simplifying your prep and cooking to-do list so you can focus on what matters most. Rastelli’s pre-seasoned and oven-ready roasts and sides are the perfect option for a meal that is worry-free but still feels special and festive. These are particularly good options if you’re sharing a virtual meal, as it makes it easy for multiple households to cook and eat the same meal. Ready-to-heat in a cooking bag, this holiday season will be the easiest time of 2020.
What To Plan For 2020’s Holiday Season
While the holidays always require a little extra planning, this year in particular requires some additional consideration. Here are some things to keep in mind.
- Longer than Normal Shipping Times
Due to the pandemic, national shipping carriers are facing record-high rates of demand this season and, as such, shipments may take longer than anticipated. Be prepared and order early so you can put your mind at ease. Rastelli’s proteins are blast-frozen and can stay in your freezer for up to a year, so having it in advance is a great bet.
- Thawing Time
Buying your Rastelli’s protein is a great way to avoid shopping in stores. If you’re new to frozen proteins, educating yourself on thaw time is important. Our roasts arrive to you frozen on dry ice and can stay in your freezer until the day before you’re ready to cook. When you’re ready to thaw, do so overnight in the fridge. If you find yourself in a pinch and need to thaw shortly before cooking, you can thaw by submerging the packaged roasts in cold water for a couple of hours.
- How Many and How Much
We all know that a big stuffed turkey will feed your whole family, but if you’re not used to serving smaller roasts, or just unsure of how to portion for a scaled back holiday crowd, you may feel a bit in the dark about how much you’ll need. A good rule of thumb is ½ lb. of protein per person (of course you’ll obviously want to plan for leftovers too!).
-4oz servings of protein per plate
-Figure 8oz of protein per person for the evening (if everyone has seconds)
Product weights are listed when buying online, so using those calculations relative to the number of people you’re serving should make planning pretty simple.
What’s On the Menu
At Rastelli’s we’re all about good food and great company, so the holidays have always been our favorite time. While this year is changing the dynamic of our normal gathering, we’re still planning to eat around the same table – in person & virtually. We’ve created incredible offerings that can easily be delivered to your home, or your loved ones’ as an amazing holiday gift.
Check out our menu of oven-ready roasts and sides:
- Prime Rib Roast: A wet-aged and hand-trimmed, this classic cut of boneless prime rib comes pre-seasoned in a garlic and herb rub and tastes like you spent hours and hours making it. In reality, all you need to do is pre-heat the oven and pop it in.
- Oven-Ready Turkey Roast: Expertly seasoned for a beautiful presentation, this white meat turkey breast roast is ready to impress. It comes generously sized, perfect for feeding a crowd or a smaller group for several days.
- Beef Tenderloin Roast: Get ready to wow without lifting a finger. The Beef Tenderloin Roast comes pre-seasoned and ready for the oven in its own cooking bag. Just sit back and let the rich savory scents fill your kitchen while you relax.
- Oven-Ready Turkey Roulade: Save yourself hours of work with this succulent centerpiece for your holiday meal. Pre-seasoned and stuffed, our cooking bag ensures you won’t be serving dry turkey this holiday. Enjoy Antibiotic-Free Turkey Breast rolled around juicy apple & cranberry stuffing.
- Spiral-Cut Ham: Succulent, tender and mouthwatering, this bone-in spiral ham is the convenient–and incredibly delicious–way to serve up a family feast.
- Oven-Ready Side Dishes: Supercharge your holiday feast with a variety of delicious side dishes, like Mashed or Scalloped Potatoes, Creamed Spinach, Cranberry Sausage Stuffing, and Mac and Cheese. All of our side dishes come ready to cook, so all you need to do is turn your oven on.
- Appetizers: Whether you’re serving four people or 14, take your holiday over the top with easy-to-cook, easy-to-eat appetizers, like savory Pot Stickers, Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp or ready-to-serve Charcuterie.