*Brand Partner Content*
The principle of losing weight is simple: eat fewer calories than you burn. But in reality, the process is tough, and reaching a healthy weight takes time and dedication.
Eating a well-balanced diet is key, but a few safe supplements can give you an extra boost. They can work by speeding up your metabolism, helping your body to mobilize fat, give you more energy and focus so that you can better maintain a healthy lifestyle with good nutrition and a healthy exercise regime.
What Are The Best Vitamins For Weight Loss?
Good nutrition keeps your body working optimally which means includes healthy metabolism.
The B vitamins include thiamine (vitamin B-1), riboflavin (vitamin B-2), niacin (vitamin B-3), biotin (vitamin B-7), folate (vitamin B-9), and cobalamin (vitamin B-12).
These vitamins are essential to healthy metabolism and help your body to make use of energy stored in food. Which is why taking a B-complex vitamin can help you to feel energized and focused. (1) When your body is not metabolising macronutrients properly it makes loosing weight more difficult. Therefore a B-complex vitamin can also help you to loose weight.
B vitamins are found in milk, eggs, lentils, lean meat, potatoes, beans, and whole grains. However, b-12 is only found in animal products. Therefore, if you don’t eat animal products, then you should be supplementing.
Vitamin D is critical to a positive mindset , energy production and healthy metabolism. Your body converts sunlight into vitamin D. However, people often do not get enough especially if they spend a lot of time indoors or live in climates with little sun.
For these people, supplementation is recommended. When it comes to fat loss, maintaining a good mood is integral. It will help you to stick to a healthy diet and keep you motivated.
In one 2011 study, overweight adults taking calcium and vitamin D supplements lost significantly more stomach fat than people not taking any supplements. (2) Although the role vitamin D plays in weight loss beyond improving mood and motivation, remains unclear.
Iron is a mineral that helps your body create energy from nutrients and carries oxygen to your cells, helping them burn fat. (3)
Iron is found in meat, shellfish, spinach, and beans, but is absorbed best from meat. Foods high in vitamin C, such as citrus fruit and tomatoes, can also help iron absorption. Women with heavy periods and people eating a plant-based diet are more prone to iron deficiency, for these people an iron supplement could be benfitial.
However, too much iron can be dangerous. Therefore if you think you are at risk of iron deficit you should see your doctor and get a blood test before supplementing.
Magnesium is a mineral that plays a many important roles in the body, including regulating blood glucose and blood pressure, keeping bones healthy, and maintaining the nervous system. (4)
And yet magnesium deficiency is common in the United States. The best sources include nuts, seeds, and green leafy vegetables.
Try supplementing with magnesium and see how you feel. You may find that you have more energy, and you may find it easier to maintain healthy nutrition and exercise.
Ensuring your body has all the nutrients it needs can make a big impact on your weight loss journey. Deficiencies are common, especially when you are eating less than your body needs or a restrictive diet.
Although herbal remedies are not essential to your body’s functioning, they can boost fat loss in several ways. Let’s look at some of the most effective herbal remedies:
Green tea Extract
Green tea can be a powerful weight-loss tool. It increases fat oxidization and energy expenditure and reduces fat production and absorption.
It is a powerful antioxidant is well known to increase metabolism. It is so effective that it has been shown to increase fat oxidization by 17%! (5) In other words, it helps your body to use more fat as fuel and therefore may help to burn it away.
Coleus Forskohlii is a herb that has long been used in Ayurvedic medicine. It has been shown to move stored fat from cells, allowing it to be burned away by the body with more ease. (6) When combined with a calorie deficit, this may boost your fat loss and even help you maintain muscle.
Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system, which increases fat burning by up to 13%! (7).
Consuming 300mg of caffeine each day may allow you to burn an extra 79 calories. (8). That may not sound like much, but over time, it can have a big impact.
However, too much caffeine can have some negative side effects such as sleeplessness and anxiety, especially when taken later in the day. Sleep is integral to fat loss, so you should prioritize this first, and if you are sensitive to caffeine, it is not worth consuming it.
Chromium is an essential trace element that helps to regulate blood glucose, which can reduce food cravings. (9)
However, chromium is not absorbed well by the body. Therefore if you are considering supplementation, then you should look for more bioavailable forms such as Chromium Picolinate or GTF Chromium.
Capsimax Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne has thermogenic properties, which means that it raises your body temperature and, therefore, your metabolic rate, meaning that you burn more calories. (10) It also reduces hunger by inhibiting ghrelin, one of the hunger hormones (11).
Piperine, the active ingredient in black pepper, also has thermogenic properties. It has also been shown to prevent new fat cells from forming. (12)
Standard black pepper from your kitchen contains around 9% piperine. However, Bioperine, a trademarked form of black pepper, contains 95% piperine.
CBD is a non-psychoactive compound derived from cannabis. It has some incredible benefits, including improved sleep, stress reduction, and improved muscle recovery.
It may also help the body break down stubborn fat. Studies have shown that it can transform white adipose tissue – ‘bad fat,’ into brown adipose tissue – ‘good fat.’ Brown fat is labeled good because it contains high mitochondria levels, which takes more energy and therefore burns away more effectively. (13) Unlike its cousin, THC, it has even been shown to reduce appetite. (13)
The Best Weight Loss Supplements
If you are looking for supplements to help you reach your ideal body weight, then fat-burning supplements could be a massive help. They will include a stack of the ingredients listed above so that you can get what you need in one supplement.
However, not all supplements are created equal. Be sure to do your research and chose a high-quality product that has been well-researched and clinically dosed. Here are our favorites.
#1- Fighters Core
Our first choice is Fighters Core, an all-natural and vegan supplement that reduces appetite, boosts metabolism, shifts stubborn fat, and even maintains muscle mass! It’s no wonder that it was the winner of Supplements Wiki’s best fat burner award.
- Green Tea (400mg)
- Caffeine Anhydrous (25mg)
- Capsimax Cayenne Pepper (100mg)
- Calcium HMB (104mg)
- Coleus Forskohlii (200mg)
- Theacrine (75mg)
- Chromium Picolinate (150mcg)
- BioPerine (10mg)
If you are looking to lose fat while maintaining muscle, this supplement is defiantly worth trying.
- Helps you maintain muscle while boosting your metabolism.
- Safe for competitive use.
- No artificial ingredients.
- A moderate dose of caffeine with Theacrine, which works in synergy to provide smooth energy and focus.
- A highly absorbable form of Chromium.
- Up-to-date, scientifically-backed formula and dosage.
- Only available from the manufacturer’s website.
To purchase Fighters Core supplemnets, click here.
#2 – ShredCBD
CBD might be one of the most impressive supplement ingredients for weight loss. It can improve metabolism, move stubborn fat and reduce hunger.
CBD should not show up on a drug test, so long as the supplement you are taking contains only trace amounts of THC, the psychoactive compound in Cannabis.
ShredCBD contains a high concentration of CBD, with less than 0.01% THC, in the form of a capsule. This is effective for fat loss as the capsule can make its way into your small intestine, where it can be absorbed over a prolonged period. That way, you benefit from the effects for longer, and it is not destroyed by stomach acid, which can happen with CBD oils. (14)
ShredCBD also contains additional well-proven weight-loss ingredients, green tea, and Garcia Cambogia.
- 99% pure CBD isolate
- Green Tea Extract
- Garcia Cambogia
We like the simplicity of this product. It contains just 3 highly effective ingredients at high dosages.
- All-natural and clinically dosed ingredients.
- Great client reviews.
- Heps shift stubborn fat.
- Reduces inflammation throughout the body.
- Boosts metabolism.
- Improves sleep which has been shown to help your body burn away fat.
- Lowers stress hormones which can cause your body to hold onto fat.
- Only available on their website.
You can buy ShredCBD supplements directly here.
#3 – Hourglass Fit
Hourglass Fit has been specifically designed for women. It contains B-vitamins and 5-HTP to keep you feeling good. It also contains ingredients that reduce food cravings and hunger.
- 5-HTP (150mg)
- Vitamin B2 (1.1mg), B6 (1.7mg), and B12 (2.4ug)
- Zinc (8mg)
- Cayenne Pepper Extract (100mg)
- Chromium Picolinate (125 ug)
- Glucomannan (Konjac Root Extract) (3000mg)
- Bioperine (5mg)
Women’s hormones often lead to more powerful food cravings, making this a great supplement for women. It doesn’t contain any stimulants and contains vitamins and minerals to keep you feeling good all day.
- All-natural and free from soy, gluten, and GMOs.
- Scientifically backed ingredients.
- Reduces food cravings.
- Contains appetite suppressants.
- Boosts metabolism.
- Provides stable energy.
- Contains essential vitamins.
- 5-HTP can interact with some medications. Please speak with your doctor to ensure it’s safe for you to use.
- Only available on their website.
You can purchase Hourglass Fit supplements directly here.
#4-Burn Lab Pro (Stim-Free)
Burn Lab Pro is a stim-free fat burner that contains high-quality and scientifically backed ingredients. It works to reduce appetite, shift stubborn fat and boost metabolism, all while helping your body to hold onto muscle. It also contains prebiotics for gut health. When your gut is healthy, your body is better able to burn away fat effectively.
- GTF Chromium (90 mcg)
- HMB (1500 mg)
- Calcium (262.5 mg)
- Cloleus Forskohlii (375 mg)
- BioPerine (3.75 mg)
- Cayenne Pepper Extract (75 mg)
Burn Lab Pro is a great option for looking for an effective fat burner but is sensitive to stimulants.
- A natural and modern formula.
- Contains prebiotics for improved gut health.
- No stimulants.
- Contains metabolism bosting ingredients.
- Vegan friendly.
- Helps to maintain muscle mass.
- Reduces hunger cravings.
- Only available on their website.
- No vitamins.
To purchase Burn Lab Pro fat burner, click here.
#5-Instant Knockout (High-Stim)
Instant Knockout is a high-stim fat burner with powerful thermogenic effects. It was orgionnally designed for MMA fighters and boxers. It should increase your metabolism and give you lots of energy even while eating a calorie deficit. It also contains vitamins and minerals to nourish your body.
- B Vitamins
- Green Tea (500mg)
- Cayenne Pepper (100mg)
- Caffeine Anhydrous (300mg)
- Green Coffee Bean Extract (100mg)
- Glucomannan (1800mg)
- GTF Chromium (100mcg)
This high-stim fat burner is sure to help you burn extra calories, but the high-dose of caffeine means that it should be taken early in the day or before working out.
- All-natural fat burner.
- Made with pros in mind.
- Research-backed ingredients and dosage.
- Inclusion of minerals vitamins.
- Metabolism-boosting ingredients.
- Only on the official website.
- A high dose of caffeine is not suitable for everyone.
You can purchase Instant Knockout directly here.
- Kennedy DO. B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy–A Review. Nutrients. 2016 Jan 27;8(2):68. doi: 10.3390/nu8020068. PMID: 26828517; PMCID: PMC4772032.
- Jennifer L Rosenblum, Victor M Castro, Carolyn E Moore, Lee M Kaplan, Calcium and vitamin D supplementation is associated with decreased abdominal visceral adipose tissue in overweight and obese adults, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 95, Issue 1, January 2012, Pages 101–108, https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.111.019489
- Aktas G, Alcelik A, Yalcin A, Karacay S, Kurt S, Akduman M, Savli H. Treatment of iron deficiency anemia induces weight loss and improves metabolic parameters. Clin Ter. 2014;165(2):e87-9. doi: 10.7471/CT.2014.1688. PMID: 24770833.
- Schwalfenberg GK, Genuis SJ. The Importance of Magnesium in Clinical Healthcare. Scientifica (Cairo). 2017;2017:4179326. doi: 10.1155/2017/4179326. Epub 2017 Sep 28. PMID: 29093983; PMCID: PMC5637834.
- Michelle C Venables, Carl J Hulston, Hannah R Cox, Asker E Jeukendrup, Green tea extract ingestion, fat oxidation, and glucose tolerance in healthy humans, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 87, Issue 3, March 2008, Pages 778–784, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/87.3.778
- Okuda H, Morimoto C, Tsujita T. Relationship between cyclic AMP production and lipolysis induced by forskolin in rat fat cells. J Lipid Res. 1992 Feb;33(2):225-31. PMID: 1314877.
- Acheson KJ, Gremaud G, Meirim I, Montigon F, Krebs Y, Fay LB, Gay LJ, Schneiter P, Schindler C, Tappy L. Metabolic effects of caffeine in humans: lipid oxidation or futile cycling? Am J Clin Nutr. 2004 Jan;79(1):40-6. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/79.1.40. PMID: 14684395.
- Rudelle, S., Ferruzzi, M.G., Cristiani, I., Moulin, J., Macé, K., Acheson, K.J. and Tappy, L. (2007), Effect of a Thermogenic Beverage on 24‐Hour Energy Metabolism in Humans. Obesity, 15: 349-355. https://doi.org/10.1038/oby.2007.529
- Hua Y, Clark S, Ren J, Sreejayan N. Molecular mechanisms of chromium in alleviating insulin resistance. J Nutr Biochem. 2012 Apr;23(4):313-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jnutbio.2011.11.001. PMID: 22423897; PMCID: PMC3308119.
- Ludy MJ, Moore GE, Mattes RD. The effects of capsaicin and capsiate on energy balance: critical review and meta-analyses of studies in humans. Chem Senses. 2012 Feb;37(2):103-21. doi: 10.1093/chemse/bjr100. Epub 2011 Oct 29. PMID: 22038945; PMCID: PMC3257466.
- Smeets AJ, Westerterp-Plantenga MS. The acute effects of a lunch containing capsaicin on energy and substrate utilisation, hormones, and satiety. Eur J Nutr. 2009 Jun;48(4):229-34. doi: 10.1007/s00394-009-0006-1. Epub 2009 Feb 24. PMID: 19238310; PMCID: PMC2695870.
- Yafang Du, Yuzhong Chen, Xiaoya Fu, Jia Gu, Yue Sun, Zixiang Zhang, Jiaying Xu, Liqiang Qin, Effects of piperine on lipid metabolism in high-fat diet induced obese mice, Journal of Functional Foods, Volume 71, 2020, 104011, ISSN 1756-4646 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jff.2020.104011.
- Rossi F, Punzo F, Umano GR, Argenziano M, Miraglia Del Giudice E. Role of Cannabinoids in Obesity. Int J Mol Sci. 2018 Sep 10;19(9):2690. doi: 10.3390/ijms19092690. PMID: 30201891; PMCID: PMC6163475.
- Dvora Izgelov, Michael Freidman, Amnon Hoffman, Investigation of cannabidiol gastro retentive tablets based on regional absorption of cannabinoids in rats, European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Volume 152, 2020, Pages 229-235, ISSN 0939-6411, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpb.2020.05.010.