While rides, shows and attractions may still be closed, Universal Studios Hollywood is bringing back “Taste of Universal,” an outdoor dining and shopping experience that will feature select themed lands on weekends – Friday to Sunday from noon to 7:00 p.m. – beginning on Friday, March 12.
As statewide COVID-19 restrictions slowly begin to loosen, guests can stroll along the park’s signature red carpet through the gates and enjoy a selection of 70 various culinary options and physically distanced photo opportunities with some of the Universal group of characters.
- Springfield, U.S.A. – Home of The Simpsons featuring Krusty Burger, Suds McDuff’s Hot Dog House, the Lard Lad Donut Cart and Kwik-E-Mart.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Stroll through Hogsmeade village and enjoy shops such as Honeydukes™, Ollivanders™, Owl Post™, Zonko’s™ Joke Shop, Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, Dervish and Banges™, Gladrags Wizardwear and Filch’s Emporium™ of Confiscated Goods, and feast on food favorites, including Three Broomsticks™ Fish & Chips, Sticky Toffee Pudding and Butterbeer.
- The debut of Minion Cafe, a new dining experience, located adjacent to the “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” ride, offering grilled cheese sandwiches with meatballs, chicken and bacon mac and cheese, and Nutella banana pudding.
- The Hollywood & Dine section will feature:
- Mexican fare at Cocina Mexicana with such favorites as queso street tacos, loaded nachos all topped with a choice of tinga or carnitas and birria, tortilla cut chips with guacamole, chili relleno and elote corn on the cob with lime crema.
- Hollywood & Dine, the establishment located just inside the theme park’s main entry, serving a selection of comfort foods, including hot chicken sandwich, clam chowder in a sourdough bowl, personal pizza with choice of pepperoni or cheese, brisket sliders with caramelized onions, Korean hot dog, and mini funnel cake.
- City Snack Shop offers grab and go treats like NYC giant pretzel, spicy pomegranate glazed turkey leg, and the debut of the crepewich, which features sweet (banana and Nutella, or strawberry chocolate) and savory (club or spinach and berry vegetarian).
As an added plus, guests have the opportunity to preview “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash” attraction shop, The Pets Store. Minion Way and Pets Place are perpendicular streets located adjacent to Illumination’s “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” and all-new “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash” rides will take guests on a stroll through the film’s New York City streets as they explore the themed environment. Get Admission tickets here.