- Video game industry is expected to grow to a projected market volume of US$4.93 billion by 2027
- New data presented around live game streaming by PartyCasino, in Twitch Global Leaderboard
Live streaming of games has disrupted the video game market and created a new scene for gamers and how video games are consumed through platforms like Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.
Twitch is currently the world’s biggest live streaming platform for video game enthusiasts that stream, watch and interact in live game broadcasts. The platform currently has over 140 million active users.
PartyCasino Canada has compiled a top 25 list of the biggest accounts on Twitch, based on number of followers, viewers, and estimated earnings.
Unique insights reveal that Canadian streamers such as xQc, Shroud, and Pokimane, are within the top 10 English speaking gamers that can be found on Twitch. Collectively they have over 30 million subscribers.
The list also reveals in numbers, the impact they have on the live streaming market:
- xQc makes an estimated US$323,077 per month from Twitch revenue alone and has a following of over 11 million subscribers.
- Shroud, another popular Canadian gamer with over 10 million followers, makes an estimated US$50,000.
- Pokimane earns an estimated US$36,315 and has a following of over 9 million users.
- The top 3 Canadian streamers have a collective estimated net worth of roughly US$20 million.
The US and Canada alone account for 93 million viewers, of which, 10.5 million unique viewers are from Canada.
For more in-depth insights, check out PartyCasino’s Twitch League Leaderboard here with the topmost watched streamers in 2022.
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.