Behind the Scenes at Historic See's Candy Factory

Behind the Scenes at Historic See's Candy Factory

The See’s Candy factory in Baldwin Hills broke ground in 1949 and still uses some machines that were built in 1921, the year Charles See opened his first candy shop at 135 Western Ave. 

Located in the shadow of the Expo Line La Cienega station, See's has a long line of employees who have worked there for 40 years and longer.

Join L.A. Weekly for a behind-the-scenes look at how peanut brittle, bridge mix, Scotch kisses, butter chews, molasses chips and rum nougat are created, and read more about it here.


The See’s Candy factory in Baldwin Hills broke ground in 1949 and still uses some machines that were built in 1921, the year Charles See opened his first candy shop at 135 Western Ave. 

Located in the shadow of the Expo Line La Cienega station, See's has a long line of employees who have worked there for 40 years and longer.

Join L.A. Weekly for a behind-the-scenes look at how peanut brittle, bridge mix, Scotch kisses, butter chews, molasses chips and rum nougat are created, and read more about it here.

X

Newsletters

All-access pass to the top stories, events and offers around town.

  • Top Stories
    Send: