In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "When's the last time someone asked if you wanted a burger and a milkshake, and you jumped up and down, screaming 'Yes! Yes! Yes!'" Diary of a 6 Year-Old Foodie: Burger Battle, In-N-Out Vs. Father's Office.
- "Anybody wants a Pacojet for an incredibly low price, they can have it." Pacojet for Sale + An Update on The Tasting Kitchen in Venice.
- "Each year, we used to cook an aioli for 1,000 people. 4 boxes of 300 eggs." A Recipe From the Chef: Aïoli and Confit Fingerling Potatoes from Anisette Brasserie.
- "Remember back when you had to call a restaurant to see when it was open?" Food Tech Support: A New Website Tracks LA's Twittering Food Trucks.
- "The oven will not be for pizza; instead Centeno plans to roast suckling pigs in it." Lazy Ox Canteen Update: The Return of Josef Centeno and Yes, His Bäcos .
- "If you want to start a Korean taco truck, just forget it." Truckin' with Road Stoves: LA's Street Food Redefined.
- "They were performers, nee actors, and not bartenders." On The Rocks: Looking for America's Next Top Model, I Mean Bartender.
- "The challenge will be to be approved by Americans, who are used to a different type of pizza." Coming soon to Culver City: All-You-Can-Eat Brazilian Pizza.
- "Chefs these days have as much ink as the occupants of most prison yards." 5 LA Tattoo Parlors Where Restaurant Pros Go for Food Tattoos: Tattoo Yuzu.