In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Now we've gotta worry about what our grandmas ate?" Eating Fatty Foods During Pregnancy Linked to Breast Cancer in Offspring.
- "Second, and really most important, is that they do not come quickly, ever, so just put that out of your mind; this isn't fast food." 10 Best Pupusas in Los Angeles.
- "Because we still have room for ramen in this city, it looks like we'll have at least one more noodle shop to add before the sky falls, the zombies attack and 2012 is over." Japanese Chain Men Oh Tokushima Ramen Opening This Fall in Little Tokyo.
- "'I was in Ensenada recently,' says Michael Voltaggio, 'and I don't think the tacos there were as good as at Ricky's.'" Where the Chefs Eat: Ink's Michael Voltaggio.
- "But first, the Quickfire." Top Chef Masters Recap: Blanc-ing Out.
- "Because surely you always wanted to borrow from Willy Wonka and make Lickable Wallpaper." Happy Roald Dahl Day: Celebrate with a Few Revolting Recipes.
- "It was just a matter of time before the corporate restaurant world seized onto the gastropub concept." The Gastropub Goes Corporate: What Public School 310 Means for America.
- "As we're still in the Momofuku-inspired doughnut era, there are also recipes for grape jelly-filled doughnuts topped with a Kool-Aid glaze, a sugary breakfast cereal-topped doughnut, and of course, the ubiquitous bacon doughnut (here, maple-glazed)." Baking Books: A Baker's Field Guide To Doughnuts (Mock Krispy Kremes!) + A Peanut Butter Glaze Recipe.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!