In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "You complete the machine, in other words, but the machine does not complete you." Coca-Cola Machine Dispenses Can of Coke for the Price of a Hug.
- "I have to watch out for bears? Are you serious?" Q & A With Bryant Ng: The Spice Table, Food & Wine's Best New Chef Award, Bears in Aspen + The Joy of Pig's Tails.
- "But tear your eyes away from the long list of available taco fillings chalked on the giant menu for just a second and shift your gaze to the right." Eat This Now: Tamales at Guisados.
- "Today I'm channeling my inner Napoleon Dynamite." Sara O'Donnell and the Making of "Average Betty."
- "Funny, we have yet to have a bottle last that long." New Stack-able Wines: The Summer Picnic + Rock Aquarium Fun.
- "By the time another train zooms through, though, everyone's glass is raised." The Pub at Golden Road Brewery: Liquid Gold.
- "Is it a cheery note to would-be foodists? No. More reason to go read it." Read This Now: Amanda Hesser on Becoming a Food Writer.
- "That's mounds per hour, although it's probably just a matter of time before someone combines these robots with Google's self-driving car to create a vehicle that rolls sushi as you roll through traffic." SushiBots Are the Anti-Jiro, Creating 3,600 Pieces Per Hour.