In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "The fetish object of the week? My money's on the uni goma tofu at the new Aburiya Toranoko in Little Tokyo, which is to say a smallish cube of firm, blackish tofu made from ground, toasted sesame seeds, served in a shallow puddle of soy and topped with a lobe of sea urchin roe." First Bite: Aburiya Toranoko, or Lazy Ox's Cardenas Branches Out.
- "Paul Reiser loves to eat. When we did "Mad About You," sometimes he'd just look at me and go, "Phillipes?" and then we'd get on the I-10 and drive straight there." Q & A With John Pankow: Showtime's "Episodes," Illicit Guanciale and A Proper English Fry-Up.
- "What one of our most capable drinking companions calls 'the strip club smell,' this pervasive odor hangs over the room like a lampshade." A Tale of Two Culver City Dives: Roger's Exciting Tattle Tale Room and The Scarlet Lady Saloon.
- "We go there to watch the chef form fried rice into the shape of Mickey Mouse's head." Benihana Sues Blogger for Bad Review.
- "1,800 pounds of dover sole. 1,200 Kumamoto oysters. 1,000 spiny lobsters. 500 pounds of smoked salmon. 40 pounds of caviar. 10 pounds of black truffles. 6 Spanish hams." Truffles, Caviar & Cupcakes: 2011 Oscar Food Preview Photo Gallery.
- "It was as if Bon Jovi was about to take the stage." Food Inc.: Michael Pollan and Eric Schlosser Discuss Food Safety, Walmart and How to Feed the World.
- "Forget meals taken as pills, in The Future whole meals will be eaten in courses of cupcakes." Meatcake or Cuploaf: The Meatloaf Bakery.
- "I don't know what Gwyneth Paltrow eats after a show, but here in OK, we eat FRIED EVERYTHING." Will Tweet For Fried Food: On The Road With A Hungry Kathy Griffin.