In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Ahh, to be a fly on the wall of the marketing department of KFC." Should KFC Put Chicken Spices In Cookies? No, Really...
- "Nachos are not aspirational food." 10 Best Nachos in Los Angeles.
- "The glass depicted above, containing precisely a half-ounce, represents a pour worth about $700, or about $100 per tiny sip." The Balvenie Fifty: A $30,000 Bottle of Scotch.
- "A certain brand of excess has quite rightly given Animal a reputation as a purveyor of dude food: meat-heavy, no-holds-barred, calorific glory." 5: Crispy Pig Head at Animal.
- "And no, its not Kang Ho Dong Baekjeong, whose cherubic celebrity proprietor gets mistaken for PSY on a daily basis." PSY Gives Thumbs Up to K-Town's "Gangnam Style" Restaurant.
- "Time to find your phone and pretend to be doing something Really Important at work in about two hours." LudoBites 10: Reservation Lines Open Today at 11 a.m.
- "In this day and age, when there are more vegetarians than ever, is this a bold and brave stance, or the height of inhospitable pretension?" Vegetarian Friendly: A Question of Hospitality, Economics and Pride.
- "What's grosser than gross? Bird crap in your peanut butter." FDA Grows Some Nuts, Shuts Down Dirty Peanut Butter Factory Responsible for Recall.