In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "'Not me, but it's been fun having people think it is. I'm on my way to tour a rice plantation in South Carolina.'" [Updated] Ruth Bourdain's Identity: The Village Voice's Robert Sietsema?
- "It was ten meringue whites on top of that pie. Mind you, we did all eat it afterwards. Get a fork and you could get round it." Q & A With Katherine Tidy: Buttering Up the Food Stylist From BBC Films Toast.
- "He doesn't seem to have gravitated towards cupcakes, for which we are grateful." The Bacon Alphabet: Pork Belly, Rendered in Old English Font.
- "Maybe it's paean to suburban America, maybe it's the pleasing crunch of that hard, corn shell, but today we pay tribute to the love that dare not speak its name: the gringo taco." National Taco Day: Top 5 Gringo Tacos.
- "'If you go to somebody's house, they'll swear up and down that this is the most traditional recipe ever. Then you go next door and they say the same thing.'" Making Pasta With Rustic Canyon's Evan Funke: A Photo Gallery + A Recipe.
- "So without further ado, here are the five best IPAs in the world, meaning California." The Top 5 IPAs in the World.
- "If an army marches on its stomach, on what do social activists march? Pizza, apparently." Occupy LA: Pizza Party Protest.
- "Enjoying fatty food in Denmark just became more expensive." Denmark Taxes the Fat.