In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
- "Can you get a vegan mi quang? This is Echo Park. You shouldn't have to ask." Central Vietnamese in the O.C. ... or Echo Park.
- "And rather than the 'Select' and 'Start' printed on the controller, you have the slightly less motivating verbs 'Slice' and 'Dice.'" The Gamepad Cutting Board: Smash Garlic Like Mario (the Other One) Smashes Bowser.
- "And if there's anything in this world that could possibly trump a fresh, handmade sausage, it's a fresh, handmade, social mediated sausage." Interactive Sausage + Rare Beer at The Yard.
- "What began as a speech quickly turned into a vocal performance, complete with the Godfather's Girls chorus line (that the pizza chain had a chorus line is itself significant news)." Herman Cain on YouTube: "Imagine There's No Pizza."
- "As well, Centeno will present 'bäco pop,' his own soda made with cane sugar in ginger, orange, and juniper flavors." [Updated] Your Bäco Update: Josef Centeno's Bäco Mercat Opens Next Week.
- "If your costume this year is 'Zombie,' look for the blue ones." Top 5 Halloween Candy from the 99¢ Only Store.
- "The reprogramming of America just keeps getting scarier." The McDonald's Channel: Fast Food + HDTV.
- "It seems a moment of sock puppet silence is in order." Cookbook Of The Week: Alton Brown's Good Eats 3 Is Really Good Nostalgic Eats.