In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "Want to make a grown woman blush? Suggest that the reason she wants to go to Gjelina, the serene patio restaurant on Abbot Kinney, is because she wants to gaze deeply into a scruffy waiter's eyes." Gjelina: Pretty Patio, Prettier Patrons.
- "You want deeply rich pork broth Hakata-style? Bare, thick tsukemen noodles with condensed sauce on the side? Tomato basil ramen? You want it in Culver City? In Hollywood? Downtown? You got it." The Ramen Map: A Guide to Ramen in Los Angeles.
- "But who needs kitchen experience to write a cookbook when you've been the movie critic on The Daily Show." The Dead Celebrity Cookbook: Frank DeCaro Goes from The Daily Show to Peter Falk's Pork Chops + A Recipe.
- "'I'm looking forward to dancing my pants off at the Short Stop,' she said." LA Beer Week's Musical Beer Crawl Hits Echo Park Tonight.
- "Lakers forward Ron Artest used to drink Hennessey at half-time. His teamate Lamar Odom likes jelly beans and gummy bears." Top 5 Athlete Diets: Wade Boggs's Chicken-a-Day, Kenyan Ugali + Steve Nash's Nuts.
- "We're one of the very last people you would ever find who believes that bacon makes everything better, but here, the pork belly really does." Morning Glory Food Fight: Ruen Pair vs. Crispy Pork Gang & Grill.
- "You can be an announcer in the NFL if you've played football before." Q & A with George Abou-Daoud: On Township, One Bad Review, and Why "Nobody Cared" About District.
- "Maybe he'll even create a spice stencil of the award, which apparently came in the form of a Wusthof cleaver." Esquire Names John Sedlar Chef of the Year.