The beer float throwdown will take place on Saturday, Sept. 29 from 2-5 p.m. at Golden Road Brewery and will pair up five ice cream-making chefs with five different local breweries. There's some major talent on this year's roster, including Josh Graves of Ray's & Stark Bar (and recently nominated for Food & Wine Magazine's Best Pastry Chef), Hourie Sahakian of Short Cake, Former Top Chef contestant Chris Crary and Tony DiSalvo of Whist, Andre Guerrero of the Oinkster (who won last year), as well as Shiho Yoshikawa of Sweet Rose Creamery.
If we were the betting type, this would be an especially tough call. Last year's bourbon chocolate ice cream with pig candy and Solidarity ale took the prize, but this year the creations look to get even weirder and wilder.
Tickets are $35 per person, which include five floats and a snack from Golden Road Brewing's kitchen. The $45 VIP tickets gets you the bonus of early admission, a special-release Golden Road beer and a keepsake glass. Proceeds benefit the Pablove Foundation. (Click here to buy tickets.)
Here are the teams for 2012:
- Eagle Rock Brewery + Andre Guerrero & Jan Purdy (The Oinkster / Maximiliano)
- Strand Brewing + Christian Page (Short Order) & Hourie Sahakian (Short Cake)
- El Segundo Brewing Co. + Shiho Yoshikawa (Sweet Rose Creamery)
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Golden Road Brewing + Josh Graves & Paul Sanguinetti (Ray's and Stark Bar / C+M)
- Beachwood BBQ and Brewing + Tony DiSalvo & Chris Crary (Whist)
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.