Diverse recruitment teams build a diverse workforce.
Both are important because diversity in the workplace reflects the world we live in—forever changed by globalization. Differences matter less by the day and in fact are celebrated because of the expanding perspectives on life and work they bring to us all.
Diversity on a company’s team encourages understanding between executives, managers and employees of different backgrounds, religions, gender and sexual orientation.
“Magic happens,” said HubSpot CTO Dharmesh Shah, “when different but complementary people intersect.
“When you have diverse people and perspectives on your team, your product will benefit. This is because there’s a greater likelihood that someone with different experiences will pitch a great idea that you haven’t even thought of yet.”
By placing an emphasis on diversity within its own team of recruiters, RecruiterCentral is playing a pivotal role in driving the conversation on diversity in the workplace, and how differences between us strengthen bonds among us.
And by way of its blog and recruiting services, RecruiterCentral shares diversity recruiting tools, methods, techniques, and trends to embolden companies working to strengthen the diversity on their team.
“Our two highest priorities,” said RecruiterCentral Founder and CEO Luke Doubler, “are ensuring that our clients hire the best candidates possible; and ensuring that our diverse team of recruiters is doing all it can to encourage and highlight the benefits of diversity in the workplace.”
Utilizing decades of in-house corporate experience and emphasizing diversity, RecruiterCentral harnesses the power of research-backed data to help companies fill open positions. RecruiterCentral focuses on a range of career fields, including finance and accounting; human resources; engineering; skilled labor; production; operations; and supply chain. The goal is to present hiring candidates with experience and transferable skills who can drive innovation and growth.
Underscoring every aspect of the RecruiterCentral talent sourcing strategy is the way in which diversity strengthens the in-house team, the client’s team and the workplace in general. And in today’s workplace, the stakes could not be higher.
Underscoring the urgency surrounding diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and illustrating how a diverse team can give a company a competitive edge, is some insight from HubSpot:
- In a 2018 study of over 1,700 companies, organizations with a diverse leadership team had 19% higher revenue on average than companies with less diverse leaders. (Boston Consulting Group)
- By 2022, 75% of organizations with frontline decision-making teams that have diverse members and embrace inclusive strategies were expected to exceed financial targets. (Gartner)
- More than 77% of job candidates consider a company’s culture at some point when determining if they’ll accept an offer. (Glassdoor)
- 65% of people say they stay at their jobs primarily because of the company culture. (Glassdoor)
- Average employee performance in diverse organizations is 12% higher than performance at non-diverse organizations. (Gartner)
- Three in five people have experienced or witnessed workplace discrimination. (Glassdoor)
- More than 40 million Americans have a disability. (Pew Research Center)
- More than 4.5% of U.S. adults identify as LGBTQ+. (Gallup)
- The workforce will grow more diverse as Gen Z enters it. More than 48% of the age group, which outnumbers millennials, identifies as racially or ethnically diverse. (Pew Research Center)
Visit recruitercentral.io to learn more about diversity in the workplace, and how RecruiterCentral can help your firm expand its reach and sharpen its competitive edge by broadening its horizons.
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.