Do you have a sweet tooth? A love for CBD? How about both? If so, CBD lollipops are for you.
To make this discovery even better; you’ve found a simple recipe to make your own homemade CBD lollipops.
Combining your love for CBD and your baking expertise to make yummy hard candy is the best weekend activity to try next. Step aside sourdough! Continue reading to learn more about CBD lollipops, how to make them and why you may want to.
What Is CBD Used For?
CBD has risen to be a popular and effective way for individuals to experience pain relief and relaxation without a mental high. CBD, also known as cannabidiol, is one of many naturally occurring compounds in hemp and cannabis plants.
Many people use CBD for pain relief to avoid the side effects often associated with over-the-counter drugs. CBD is a natural and calming method of pain relief, stress reduction and more, and is highly recommended for those looking for natural remedies.
CBD is also used recreationally, for the purpose of mental and physical relaxation without the high that THC provides.
There are multiple ways to take CBD: in oil form, vapor form, or edibles.
CBD Lollipops vs. Edibles
CBD edibles are all the rage today, but a great advantage to CBD lollipops is that the bioavailability of CBD mixing with your saliva causes an even stronger effect.
Sucking on a CBD lollipop will give the CBD a way to be absorbed directly into your bloodstream through your mouth. It will also be digested in your stomach which will achieve the same benefits as CBD edibles.
While you might have never thought that CBD lollipops would be a great option, they’re even better than CBD edibles in many cases because of the multiple methods of absorption.
What Are the Benefits of CBD Lollipops?
There are several amazing benefits to eating CBD lollipops. These are especially enjoyed by those who are picky about their CBD consumption. Let’s take a look at two of the main benefits:
1. CBD Lollipops Taste Great
Lollipops are known to taste amazing and are an enjoyable treat by kids and adults alike.
A benefit of CBD lollipops is that the sweet candy flavor hides any “hempy” aftertaste that can sometimes accompany this naturally derived compound.
2. CBD Lollipops Are Discreet
If you’re a CBD user but aren’t comfortable openly taking a dose in public or in certain environments where you still need relief, carrying CBD lollipops is a great solution.
Your peers won’t notice any difference between your CBD lollipops and ordinary ones; giving you a fun, tasty, and private way to enjoy your CBD discreetly. Not to mention the fact that they’re easy to carry and eat on the go.
Equipment Needed to Make CBD Lollipops
When it comes to kitchen safety, heating and boiling liquid is dangerous to do without the right equipment. Always be sure to utilize the proper equipment and precautions in the kitchen.
Making CBD lollipops requires several pieces of equipment to make great-tasting candy that is also effective. You’ll need:
- CBD tincture or decarboxylated CBD
- A candy thermometer
- A silicone candy or lollipop mold
- Sturdy paper lollipop sticks
- A medium-sized saucepan
- A plastic or silicone stirring device
These items can all be found in your nearest grocery or department store. If you’re aiming to make CBD hard candy only, you can forego the lollipop sticks.
Of course, sourcing CBD can be difficult depending on where you live, but if you’re looking to make your own CBD oil, Secret Nature has a great resource for 3 ways to make CBD oil. If you are looking for quality pre-made oils, turn to third-party tested brands and products to ensure their potency, purity and overall quality.
If you are a candy baking beginner, it can require some practice when reading your candy thermometer and stirring your mixture. It might take a few batches to get the hang of making CBD lollipops perfectly, but it is worth the effort in the end!
CBD Lollipop Ingredients
You might have most of these at home, but if you don’t, a quick trip to the grocery store will give you an excuse to buy the milk you’ve been out of for days while you stock up on candy-making ingredients.
- 3 tbsp of CBD tincture or decarboxylated CBD
- 1 cup of cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup of filtered water
- 3 tsp of the flavor extract of your choice
- Food coloring (optional)
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Recipe for CBD Lollipops
Prepare your kitchen by laying parchment paper on the counters if you’re worried about any sticky candy mess. Begin by laying out your ingredients and prepping your candy thermometer.
- Place your medium-sized saucepan on a burner and mix together the cane sugar, filtered water, and light corn syrup.
- Begin heating your mixture, stirring over medium heat until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- As soon as your mixture reaches its boiling point, stop stirring immediately and place the candy thermometer in the liquid. Don’t stir anymore at this point.
- Leave the thermometer in the mixture and watch the temperature. Right when the liquid reaches 300°F, take the saucepan off the hot burner and move it somewhere safe to rest. Don’t take your candy thermometer out.
- Watch your thermometer–when the mixture reaches 250°F, stir in your flavor extract. You might want more than 3 tsp of flavoring, especially if you’re not a fan of the natural earthy flavor CBD has.
- Stir in your tincture or decarboxylated CBD and your food coloring until fully mixed.
- Set your mixture aside. Prep your silicone mold and lay the lollipop sticks in if you’d like.
- It’s time to pour your mixture into the mold. If your liquid has hardened, you can re-melt it quickly by putting it back on low heat and stirring until it regains its liquid form. Carefully pour your mixture into the mold, making sure to cover the lollipop sticks completely.
- Let the mold harden and cool for about 30 minutes. If you want to dust the lollipops with powdered sugar, this will add some sweetness and keep the candy from sticking together in storage.
- After your CBD-infused lollipops have hardened, enjoy them or store them in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
Your homemade CBD lollipops will taste delicious and now you can call yourself a CBD chef! Enjoy them as a sweet snack or on the go.
Enjoy Your CBD Lollipops Anywhere and Everywhere
Making CBD lollipops might take more than one batch to get the hang of, but you’ll find them to be delicious and effective. Once you’ve made the best CBD lollipops with this recipe, simply store them carefully and enjoy them whenever you want.
If you enjoyed this article, take a look at more content from our CBD section. And click here for a list of the best pre-made CBD candies on the market if you aren’t ready to make your own just yet.