- Sink or Swim Southern California's faltering economy has led to an increase of people applying for lifeguard jobs. L.A. Times
- No Leap of Faith A naked suicidal man clung to a rusty cross atop West Central Presbyterian Church for more than six hours before being rescued by fire and police personnel. L.A. Daily News & KNX Radio
- Another Public Access Sign-off Hacienda Heights' quirky KCAT became the latest public-access TV channel to fall victim to a state law that took effect January 1 and which relieves cable providers of the obligation to open airwaves to community television. San Gabriel Valley Tribune
- Double-Digit Unemployment It's official -- L.A. County's unemployment rolls jumped to 10.5 percent in January, the highest in 16 years. L.A. Business Journal
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- WTF? Tuesday the Board of Supervisors will issue a proclamation by Supervisor Mike Antonovich to declare this week March No Cussing Week. Why? Because they give a damn. Associated Press