- Sparta Beats Troy USC lost its bid to upset the Michigan State Spartans in Round 2 of the NCAA Division One Basketball Tournament. The Trojans lost 74-69. L.A. Daily News
- Can Villaraigosa Deliver . . . Long Beach? Following his anemic re-election victory earlier this month, L.A.'s mayor has endorsed Evan Braude for Long Beach City Council. Braude's victory could become a must-win for Villaraigosa, who seems to be planning a gubernatorial run in 2010. Long Beach Press-Telegram
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Recycling Workers Tossed on Scrap Heap As the demand for recycled metals plummets, employees are being laid off at auto recycling yards. Meanwhile, customers bringing in products are getting far less in return than before. Daily Breeze
- Closing Spector Arguments Jurors will begin hearing the last words from prosecutors and the defense as music producer Phil Spector's second trial winds down this week. Although Spector is accused of murdering actress-club hostess Lana Clarkson, Judge Larry Paul Fidler ruled Friday that jurors could find Spector guilty of the lesser charge of involuntarily manslaughter -- an option not available to the first trial's jury. Associated Press
- Bike Party Hollywood residents and visitors were startled to find about a thousand bike riders taking over two areas of town early morning Sunday, possibly part of a Critical Mass action. LAist