- School Board Ducks Job Cuts The L.A. Unified School District approved cutting $146.6 million in budget cuts, but postponed a decision on teacher and school-employee layoffs. L.A. Times
- H&R Reward Offer The Board of Supervisors has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the driver suspected of the hit and run accident that left USC student Adrianna Bachan dead and fellow student Marcus Garfinkle gravely injured. L.A. Daily News
- Skecher Specks Revealed Manhattan Beach-based footwear maker Skechers announced it will brand a line of sunglasses and prescription eyewear. L.A. Business Journal
- Conficker Worm Turns The Internet computer worm known as Conficker is scheduled to change its behavior to a more aggressive mode come April 1. Internet security experts, however, believe the program alteration will likely prove harmless. Confiker-removal tools are available for download. Associated Press
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Hi-Desert Home Sales Skyrocket The 646 homes sold February in the Antelope Valley represent a 261 percent jump over sales one year ago, thanks to rock-bottom prices. Antelope Valley Press