- Man Ends Barricade Standoff Frank Torres peacefully left his Carson home, which is threatened with bank foreclosure, after a daylong standoff with sheriff's deputies.
- Supes Freeze Jobs Amid a worsening economy and state budget crisis, L.A.'s Board of Supervisors has voted to freeze hiring to fill county jobs.
- Chrisful Thinking? Kevin Roderick is among those wondering if the other day's media frenzy over a slow-speed pursuit of a Bentley wasn't triggered by the belief that the driver was troubled R&B singer Chris Brown.
- Cops Call Club Vice Den "Prostitution, drugs and illegal alcohol sales" were some of the services not mentioned on the Web site of Babes n' Beer, the Tarzana bikini bar where a dancer was set afire after stepping outside with two patrons. The place had been cited by authorities days before the fiery assault on Roberta Busby.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Delgadillo Waxes Car Wash Owners L.A. City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo filed a 176-count complaint against brothers Benny and Nissan Pirian, for repeatedly violating labor laws and "creating a work environment that bordered on indentured servitude" at their four car washes. Their Hollywood-area businesses include Vermont Hand Wash (aka Hollymont), Celebrity Car Wash and Hollywood Car Wash. Business manager Manuel Reyes was also charged.