Who knew that Hot Dog On A Stick started right on the beach in Santa Monica? Or that some real dogs, at least, like avocados?
Huell Howser did, of course.
In honor of Huell Howser's passing last night, here's a look at 5 of our fave video clips from his show California's Gold:
5. Huell visits the site of the original Hot Dog On A Stick.
4. Howser outs In-N-Out's secret menu.
3. Huell hangs out at a lowrider show!
2. Howser discovers that some dogs like avocados too.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
And, finally ...
1. Howser goes to Coachella, discovers "tens of thousands of very happy people."