If you’re embarrassed by dark spots, scarring, or melasma, you’re not alone. Most of us want to feel good in the skin we’re in. That’s harder when you suffer from hyperpigmentation. Luckily there are many ways to lighten your skin naturally using home remedies.
If you want something with a guarantee, that’s also backed by clinical proof, then you’re in the right place. Skinception Illuminatural 6i Advanced Skin Lightener is the best skin lightening solution that’s as close to a home remedy as you can get!
You may have heard of hydroquinone. It was used as an effective skin-lightening agent for years before its harmful effects were discovered. Before we discuss ways to treat hyperpigmentation and why you should avoid hydroquinone, let’s talk about what some of the causes are and how you can prevent further damage to your skin.
What Causes Sun Spots and Damage to Your Skin?
Sunspots, also known as age spots or liver spots, have little to do with age and nothing to do with your liver. These darker patches of skin are usually flat and differ in size. True to their name, sunspots appear after prolonged exposure to the sun.
While they occur more commonly in people over age 50, you can get age spots at any point in your life if you spend too much time outside without properly protecting your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Sun Spot Prevention
You can protect your skin by:
- Wearing clothing that covers your arms, legs, and torso
- Limiting sun exposure between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Applying sunscreen (and reapplying as directed by the Skin Cancer Foundation) with SPF 15 or higher
- Avoiding tanning beds
- When wearing makeup and other cosmetics, choose products that have an SPF
Sunspots are usually harmless, though it can be concerning when you notice a new dark spot on your skin. Always consult your physician if you have a spot that grows quickly, changes in appearance, is inflamed, or sore to the touch.
Natural Solutions for Skin Lightening
While natural brighteners may not be as effective as hydroquinone, if you’re worried about side effects, these homemade solutions may be worth a shot.
Yogurt Honey Mask
Honey is great for moisturizing the skin, and has a variety of antimicrobial properties. Yogurt contains enzymes that can help lighten dark spots.
Exfoliation aids in skin lightening by removing dead skin cells that accumulate over time, and stimulating blood flow. You can make your own scrubs out of ingredients like sugar, salt, coffee grounds, coconut oil, buttermilk, and essential oils.
Natural Toning Agents
You can use witch hazel, rose water, and even mint leaves to help tone your skin. These natural toners remove excess dirt and grime from the skin, shrinking your pores, which helps lighten your skin tone.
Combining steam and herbs like lavender or chamomile helps open pores to more easily remove built-up dirt and oil. After boiling herbs in water, take the pot off the stove and place your face directly above it. Covering your head in a towel will help trap the steam, and running ice cubes over your skin afterwards will help close your pores.
Ingredients to Look for in Natural Skin Lightening Products
These days, there is a much greater focus on using all-natural products, due to an increase in environmental awareness, as well as a greater desire for organic, eco-friendly goods.
If you want to avoid using chemical-based skin-lightening products, here are some of the ingredients you should be on the lookout for:
- Antioxidants – Combat free radicals (unstable molecules that damage healthy cells) by preventing and correcting sun damage. Antioxidants, like Vitamin A and C, reduce inflammation and give skin a more youthful glow.
- Licorice Root – Helps remove excess melanin and soothe irritated skin.
- Lemon Juice – Contains high levels of citric acid, which can aid in skin lightening. Take precaution when using lemon juice; it can cause irritation if used too often.
- Vitamin B3 – Niacinamide, a variant of Vitamin B3, reduces redness and blotchiness, and helps your body produce keratin, a key nutrient for overall skin health.
- Plant-based Acids – Extracts from fungi and plants like mulberry, bearberry, and willow bark contain naturally occurring acids that can help lighten skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lactic Acid – Exfoliates the skin by breaking down the bonds that hold dead skin cells to healthy skin. Though naturally found in milk, the lactic acid found in most skin care products today is synthetic.
Remember, even natural ingredients can have side effects if you have allergies or exceed recommended doses.
The Problem with Hydroquinone
Hydroquinone is a depigmenting agent, which means it hinders the formation of melanin in the skin. It works by decreasing the number of skin cells that manufacture melanin present in the skin. Though it does occur naturally, it is often created in labs for use in skin-lightening products.
Hydroquinone may not be suitable for people with dry or sensitive skin. If your skin tone is medium-to dark, hydroquinone can actually worsen hyperpigmentation. While it is normal to experience mild stinging, burning, dryness, and redness, you should call your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of cracking, blistering, or darkening of the skin that is black or blue in color.
Although it was used for years as a skin lightening ingredient, the FDA now only allows hydroquinone to be sold over the counter in concentrations of 2%. The EU (European Union) has banned sale of it altogether due the fact that it contains carcinogens, which may increase the risk for cancer.
Due to the possibility of severe (and in rare cases, deadly) side effects, we do not recommend using it for skin lightening.
Skinception Illuminatural 6i Advanced Skin Lightener
Illuminatural 6i Advanced Skin Lightener by Skinception is a skin lightening serum packed with powerful ingredients that work to reduce the appearance of discoloration and even out your skin tone. The topical serum contains six active ingredients, natural plant extracts, and minerals.
Skinception has a reputation for making skincare products using high quality ingredients that produce exceptional results. In as little as four weeks of regular, daily use, Illuminatural 6i can significantly lighten hyperpigmentation due to melasma, sunspots, birthmarks, acne scars, moles, and freckles. All without the use of harsh ingredients and potentially harmful side effects.
How Does it Work
Skinception Illuminatural 6i works with your skin’s natural renewal cycle to treat many forms of discoloration.The serum interrupts melanin production, which allows new cells to be lighter and rise to the surface replacing old, darker cells. Illuminatural 6i impedes melanin production by:
- Suppressing the formation of tyrosinase, an enzyme that promotes melanin formation
- Stopping the action of tyrosinase
- Increasing turnover of pigmented cells
Unlike other skin lightening products, Illuminatural 6i doesn’t make outrageous claims of instant results.Skinception doesn’t even claim that you’ll see results in a week. That’s because your skin’s natural cycle of regeneration takes 28 days, which means you won’t experience any visible changes until your old, dead skin cells are sloughed away.
How to Use
Skinception Illuminatural 6i should be applied in small dots to the treatment area and smoothed in gently until the serum is fully absorbed by your skin. It should be applied once per day on a freshly-washed face or body for a minimum of 90 days, or until desired results are achieved. Illuminatural 6i can be worn under makeup and applied to any part of the face and body.
Skinception’s Illuminatural 6i formula contains no harmful ingredients. Each ingredient complements the others leading to skin lightening amazing results.
- Niacinamide (5%) – This water-soluble vitamin significantly reduces hyperpigmentation and has anti-inflammatory benefits. A biologically active form of vitamin B35, Niacinamide does not cause flushing like other forms of vitamin B.
- Sodium Lactate (8%) – This ingredient is key for suppressing the action of tyrosinase, the enzyme responsible for promoting melanin production. An 8% concentration has been shown to be effective as a lightening agent.
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (5%) – Especially effective when combined with sodium lactate, this derivative of vitamin C helps bind the molecules that produce collagen contributing to its skin lightening effects.
- Whitonyl (4%) – By limiting melanogenesis and the transport of melanosomes, and helping control photoinduced pigmentation, whitonyl acts as an anti-pigmenting agent.
- Alpha-Arbutin (1%) – A stable skin lightener that blocks tyrosinase action, Alpha-Arbutin is a safer whitening alternative to hydroquinone. Arbutin is a natural form of hydroquinone derived from the bearberry plant.
- Ronaflair Softshade (2%) – This helps to camouflage skin imperfections by relying on natural mica to disperse light and absorb excess oil.
These other ingredients contribute to the skin softening and protecting properties of Skinception Illuminatural 6i and act as vehicles for active ingredients. It’s important to check the complete list of ingredients thoroughly to be sure you aren’t allergic to anything included in the formula.
Is Skinception Illuminatural 6i Safe for Everyone?
The manufacturer claims there are no side effects, and reviews from customers support this claim. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should not use Illuminatural 6i.
If you have sensitive skin or a serious skin condition and have concerns, you can speak with your doctor or dermatologist prior to trying out any new topical treatments.
Pros and Cons of Skinception Illuminatural 6i
- Treats all types of discoloration
- Formula does not contain mercury, hydroquinone, bleach, or steroids
- Safe for all skin types
- Positive results in as little as 4 weeks
- Helps block UV rays
- Safe for long-term use
- Backed by scientific research
- Money-back guarantee
- Significant results may take time
- Strong medicinal odor
- More expensive than comparable skincare products
- Only available on official website
Where to Buy Skinception Illuminatural 6i
Skinception offers a 90-day free trial of Illuminatural 6i, but only if you order a three-month supply directly from their official website. If you’re not completely satisfied with your results within that time, you can request a full refund – even if you’ve used some portion of the product. This type of guarantee shows the manufacturer’s confidence in their product claims.
Another bonus of purchasing from the official online store is the savings offered on bundles. If you order more than one bottle you’ll get discounts unavailable from other online retailers. Skinception Illuminatural 6i is not sold in stores.
Why Choose Illuminatural 6i Advanced Skin Lightener?
If you’re currently suffering from dark spots, age spots, skin blemishes, or an uneven complexion and you want a more natural solution – it’s time to try Illuminatural 6i. This powerful serum combines clinically proven active skin lighteners and plant-based ingredients to improve your skin tone in less than 30 days, without any harmful side effects.
When you take into consideration these stellar results with their money-back guarantee, it’s easy to see that Illuminatural 6i is the right choice for you.