With reporting from Lina Lecaro.
Wednesday morning, the Los Angeles Board of Public Works voted to deny permits for Sunset Junction Music Festival, effectively canceling the annual event just days before it was set to take over Silver Lake.
In another post, we've made a comprehensive list of the bands who have been rescheduled for other venues.
Here are the parties and events happening in Sunset Junction's wake.
Have we missed anything? If so, let us know in the comments section.
Saturday, August 27:
1. Ukelele Orchestra of the Western Hemisphere is playing at Re Form School sometime between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. There will also be a scavenger hunt and lemonade.
2. Living Room is going forward with its Sunset Junction party from 3 p.m. - 10 p.m. Saturday's performers are Bludweiser and the Platinum B's, Temporal Love, Negro Trio, Outlier, DJ Kino Villard, The Pi Band and Robotanist.
3. Vacation Vinyl is hosting Bestial Mouths record release party at 8 p.m.
4. Akbar will open its front bar at 1 p.m. and the dance floor at 6 p.m.
5. Le Barcito will have a
11 p.m 10:30 p.m. Saturday night show.
6. Echo Park Rising takes place in nearby Echo Park. Check the website for store details.
Sunday schedule below
Sunday, August 28:
1. Living Room continues its Sunset Junction party from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. with performances from Sunken Ships, Paulie Pesh, LA Font and special guests.
2. Akbar opens its front bar at 1 p.m. and will possibly open the dance floor at 6 p.m.
3. Le Barcito has an
11 p.m.11:15 p.m. show, plus a 7:30 p.m. show.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Echo Park Rising takes place in nearby Echo Park. Check the website for store details.
5. Bomba Eclectica with Chicano Batman @ El Chavo, 9 p.m.
6. Pan Am with Chico Sonida, plus DJs B+, Hoseh, Ganas and Gomes Comes Alive @ Chavito Bar, 7 p.m.
7. BBQ Party @ Rough Trade, 2 p.m.