Blender recently posted a list of John McCain's favorite songs. Sure, you could make fun of him for choosing kinda gay stuff like Perez Hilton did, but the more telling fact is that the most recent song on this list is more than thirty years old.
Think about that. Thirty-one years have come and gone without McCain hearing a song that he has liked enough to make this list. And it's not like they are all 31 years old. Most of the songs are much older.
1. Dancing Queen ABBA - 1977
2. Blue Bayou Roy Orbison - 1963
3. Take a Chance On Me ABBA - 1975
4. If We Make It Through December Merle Haggard - 1973
5. As Time Goes By Dooley Wilson - 1931 (In Casablanca, 1942)
6. Good Vibrations The Beach Boys - 1966
7. What A Wonderful World Louis Armstrong - 1967
8. I've Got You Under My Skin Frank Sinatra - 1936 (First sang by Sinatra in 1946)
9. Sweet Caroline Neil Diamond - 1969
10. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes The Platters - 1933 (Platters' version, 1958)
Are we still not supposed to be talking about how old this guy is? That in speeches he refers to nations that dissolved decades ago, and that he is a computer "illiterate" that depends on his wife for everything?
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
An awareness of the world the rest of us live in and of cultural events that have taken place for more than three decades just might be a useful thing as President.
Scary YouTube clips after the jump.