Awards season is in full swing and L.A. restaurants are getting swept up in the winning rhythm of weekly events leading up to the February 9 grand finale at the Dolby Theatre. The Screen Actors Guild Awards take place this weekend on Sunday, January 19. Starting today through Sunday, WarnerMedia’s TNT and TBS are activating a series of menu takeovers, dubbed SAG Awards Night Out, at several L.A. hotspots.
Angelenos can enjoy specialty menus and new signature cocktails at Gracias Madre (West Hollywood), Umami Burger (Hollywood, The Grove), Katsuya (Brentwood, Hollywood, L.A. Live), and Cleo (Hollywood, 3rd Street).
Umami Burger, Katsuya and Cleo will each offer three-course prix fixe menus priced at $25, $55 and $55 respectively, in addition to themed signature cocktails. For anyone with a sweet tooth, the SAG Awards is also taking care of dessert at Umami Burger, offering complimentary UFOs (tempura-fried, chocolate-filled oatmeal cookie topped with dulce de leche, chocolate sauce, vanilla ice cream) throughout the takeover. In West Hollywood, plant-based Gracias Madre will put the spotlight on cocktails with a brand new SAG Awards drink menu offered exclusively on its iconic patio.
Special SAG Awards Night Out highlights include, among others:
- Leggo My Eggo: Eggo waffle orgeat, maple syrup, anejo tequila, lime, pecan bitters
- Musso and Frank Martini: Tequila blanco, dry vermouth, orange bitters, olive
- Mr. (Roy) Rogers: Rucolino Amaro, hibiscus cordial, reposado tequila, soda
- Zoya the Destroyer: mezcal, purple cabbage, Dostoevsky Mix #2, house sweet and sour
- Cauliflower Bites: Crispy cauliflower bites served with signature sauces
- Wag-Yu-Mami Burger: Shaved cabbage, miso-honey mustard, sesame, yuzu mayo, kimchi mayo
- The Starry Night: Triple chocolate milkshake with whipped cream and silver star sprinkles
- Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice: grilled sushi rice, spicy tuna tartare, serrano
- Miso-Glazed Black Cod: Houba leaf, hajikami ginger, broccolini
- Why So Serious?: Mezcal, Cointreau, lime juice, orange, simple syrup, blackberries
- Mushroom Arancini: Risotto, black truffle, garlic aioli
- Impossible Meatball Tagine: Eggplant, basil, spiced tomato shakshuka sauce, saffron rice
- The Irishman: Teeling Whiskey, lime, velvet falernum, angostura bitters
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.