*Brand Partner Content*
If you have been building your fitness for a while, you know that there are few shortcuts, and there is no replacement for a healthy diet. But does that mean that fat burners are useless? Not necessarily.
There is a lot of evidence, both anecdotal and clinical, that shows that fat burners can be a powerful addition to a fat loss regime. Whether you need to cut fat, maintain muscle, or increase metabolism, fat burners can help.
However, not all supplements are created equal. Some manufacturers put a lot more time and effort into researching the ingredients and ensuring that their products are safe and effective. A thoughtful balance of proven ingredients separates the best fat burner for women from the hundreds of other supplements available.
What Is The Best Fat Burner For Females?
Men and women lose weight in the same way, and therefore most fat burners are suitable for both sexes. However, there are some special considerations for women. Women tend to hold on to more stubborn fat. Therefore fat burners that aid lipolysis is particularly beneficial. Women also suffer more from food cravings, which can be related to hormones. Therefore, fat burners work to reduce food cravings, which is a powerful tool.
Men often have higher energy expenditures and find it easier than women to lose fat consistently. A high-quality fat burner for women can help overcome some common barriers that women face and give them the boost they need to shift those extra pounds.
What Is The Most Effective Fat Burner For Women?
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of how fat burners work and which ingredients are the most effective, here in our opinion, are our top 3 fat burners:
#1 Fighters Core
Our top pick fat-burning supplement is Fighters Core. It is an all-natural and vegan supplement that will help you burn fat through lipolysis, thermogenesis, appetite suppression, and mood enhancement. But what really distinguishes this product is its ability to help you maintain muscle mass, even while eating at a calorie deficit. It even won Supplements Wiki’s best fat burners award.
We think this is a great choice for women due to its ability to burn fat while maintaining muscle and its ability to reduce food cravings. Its mood-boosting ingredients and balanced amount of stimulants will ensure that you feel good throughout the day.
Our number 2 pick for the best fat burner is something reasonably new to the world of fat-burning supplements. ShredCBD contains a high dose of CBD, which has been shown to mobilize stubborn fat, reduce appetite, improve sleep and reduce stress. It also contains additional weight-loss ingredients, green tea extract, and Garcia Cambogia to help you lose weight. Don’t be fooled. Sometimes less is more. This supplement contains just 3 ingredients and has some incredible effects that will enable your body to burn fat more efficiently.
#3 Hourglass Fit
Hourglass Fit is a stimulant free fat burner that has been specifically designed for women. It contains lots of ingredients to curb food cravings and suppress appetite. It contains ingredients to improve your mood and make it easier to stick to your habits. This metabolism-boosting supplement is great for busy women who need to maintain energy, despite eating at a calorie deficit.
Do Fat Burners Really Work?
You know the rules of weight loss: eat fewer calories than you burn. So how can fat burners help?
It comes down to the special effects of the ingredients. If a supplement is not transparent about the ingredients and the words ‘proprietary blend, you should probably avoid the product.
High-quality fat burners will contain ingredients that work in the following key ways:
Lipolysis is the breaking down of lipids. Fat is one type of lipid. This process occurs in our adipose tissue, which lines our bodies.
Our bodies store fat so that it can be used as energy if our glucose levels are low. However, glucose is the body’s preferred fuel source. Some ingredients in fat burners encourage our bodies to burn fat for fuel and facilitate the movement of stored fats.
One of the main reasons we eat is our appetite, which is controlled by hunger hormones. Some fat burners reduce hunger hormones, or they contain dietary fibers that help our stomachs feel full.
They can also help to reduce food cravings by balancing our blood sugar levels and aiding macronutrient absorption.
Some ingredients in fat burners dissipate energy through the production of heat. This is a natural aspect of the metabolic process. By increasing it, your body produces more heat, burns more calories, and raises your metabolic rate.
Fat burners can also contain ingredients to help you feel food. This is important because when you feel good, it is much easier to stick to the healthy habits that help you lose weight.
Best Fat Burning Ingredients
The most important aspect of any supplement is the formula. Here are the most effective ingredients for burning fat.
Calcium HMB prevents muscle loss by triggering the synthesis of muscle proteins. It is also beneficial to bone health. A study published in the European Journal of Applied Physiology out-performed steroids at helping people gain muscle.
It is so effective that preventing muscle breakdown is used as a medicine for those at risk of muscle wastage, such as cancer patients. Fut studies how that it is beneficial to body-trainings and athletes as well. (1)
Coleus Forskohlii is a powerful fat burner. It boosts lipolysis, where stored fat is moved from cells. (2) It also increases metabolic rate, suppresses appetite, and improves digestion. It also increases levels of natural testosterone, helping you to maintain muscle. Find out more here.
Green Tea Extract (250–500 mg)
Green Tea Extract is a powerful antioxidant that improves brain health, increases energy, and mobilizes fat cells to help your body breakdown more fat. It is so effective at fat burning that it has been shown to increase fat oxidization by 17%! (3)
You may already know that Caffeine increases focus, energy, muscle strength, and endurance when taken before exercise. (4) However, too much can lead to sleeplessness and anxiety, both of which are detrimental to weight loss. If you are sensitive to caffeine, then you may want to consider a stim-free supplement.
Theacrine (50 to 300 mg)
Theacrine is similar molecularly to caffeine. They synergize to boost the good effects while minimizing the energy crash. Fat burners who don’t want to rely too much on caffeine can include Theacrine as well. This is also effective because it means that your body will not build up a tolerance in the same way. Prologued use of caffeine alone becomes less effective over time. (5).
Chromium aids the metabolism of nutrients and regulates insulin to reduce food cravings. (6) However, Chromium in its simple form is not well absorbed by the body. (7). Therefore, the best fat burners should contain a more bioavailable form of Chronum, such as Chromium Picolinate or GTF Chromium.
Capsimax Cayenne Pepper (30mg to 120 mg)
BioPerine (5mg to 10mg)
Black pepper is also a thermogenic fat burner. It also prevents new fat cells from forming by regulating lipolysis. (10) You will see Bioperine in all sorts of supplements. It is the amazing ability to help your body absorb other nutrients. Bioperine is a trademarked form of black pepper with 95% piperine, the pepper ingredient responsible for most of the good stuff! By comparison, the pepper you sprinkle onto your food only contains 9%.
Green Coffee Bean Extract
Green coffee bean increases weight-loss and reduces total cholesterol, LDL, and free fatty acids. (11)
Glucomannan is an appetite suppressant. It works because it is dietary fiber. It takes up room in your stomach and makes you feel full. (12)
Your body contains CBD receptors throughout your body. CBD binds to these receptors and gives numerous benefits, including reduced stress, improved sleep, less stress, and muscle recovery. However, a key effect concerning fat loss is fat browning. CBD turns white adipose tissue – ‘bad fat’, into brown adipose tissue – ‘good fat’. Brown fat has high levels of mitochondria, which utilizes more energy and fat. (13) It has also been shown to reduce appetite. (14)
Garcinia Cambogia contains Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA), which inhibits enzymes that store fat, boosts serotonin levels, and suppresses appetite. In one study, CBD reduced the users’ weight by around 20.88 kg more than the placebo group. (15)
Hydroxytryptophan is a precursor of Serotonin. Taking 5-HTP has been shown to increase serotonin levels, helping you feel happier and more restful. It has also been shown to decrease appetite. It inhibits the intake of calories from carbohydrates, regulating blood sugar and reducing cravings.
In one study, patients who took a 5-HTP supplement consumed an average of 435 fewer calories per day than the placebo group. (16).
Fat Burner #1- Fighters Core
Those of us who are always on the lookout for more effective supplements are excited by one in particular. Fighters Core. It contains powerful ingredients to raise your metabolic rate, reduce hunger, shift stubborn fat, and make you feel good by giving you consistent energy without the fat. But what really sets this product apart is its ability to help you maintain muscle, even while cutting.
- Calcium HMB (104mg)
- Coleus Forskohlii (200mg)
- Green Tea Extract (400mg)
- Caffeine Anhydrous (25mg)
- Theacrine (75mg)
- Capsimax Cayenne Pepper (100mg)
- Chromium Picolinate (150mcg)
- BioPerine (10mg)
This product will help you achieve the lean physique you want by aiding your journey and working to preserve your muscle.
- Helps you maintain muscle.
- Safe for competitive use.
- No artificial ingredients.
- Ingredients to move stored fat from cells such as Coleus Forskohlii.
- A low dose of caffeine with Theacrine to give you an energy boost while avoiding a crash.
- A highly absorbable form of Chromium.
- It should keep you feeling good throughout the day.
- Contains appetite suppressants.
- A fat burner that boosts metabolism with its thermogenic effect.
- Up-to-date, scientifically-backed formula and dosage.
- Only available from the manufacturer’s website.
To purchase Fighters Core fat burner, click here.
Number #2 Fat Burner – ShredCBD
Numerous studies show how CBD can improve metabolism, reduce hunger and shift stubborn fat. CBD or Cannabidiol is a non-psychoactive compound derived from cannabis. However, it should not show up on a drug test so long as it contains just trace amounts of THC. For a comparison of CBD and THC, click here.
ShredCBD capsule contains a high concentration of CBD. This is effective for weight loss as it goes straight to your small intestine, where the CBD can bully fully observed over a prologued period. That way, the weight loss effects last for longer. Oil, on the other hand, is partially destroyed by stomach acid. (17)
- 99% pure CBD isolate
- Garcia Cambogia
- Green Tea Extract
ShredCBD is a simple and effective supplement with a powerhouse of 3 ingredients for fat loss. It is one of the best supplements for people looking to lose weight, improve sleep and improve their athletic performance. We are only just really beginning to understand the incredible properties of this compound. But CBD might be the most powerful weight loss tool we know of. The addition of extra fat-burning ingredients in ShredCBD really marks this product as a big new contender in the world of fitness supplements.
- High-quality, all-natural, and clinically dosed ingredients.
- Great client reviews.
- Fat browning to shift stubborn fat.
- Improves sleep which is where your body burns away fat; low-quality sleep has been associated with the body holding onto fat.
- Reduces inflammation throughout the body.
- The lowering of cortisol is also great for gut health.
- Reduction in cortisol – the stress hormone, so you can make better lifestyle choices.
- No stimulants.
- Only available on their website.
You can buy ShredCBD directly from their website here.
Best Fat Burning Supplement #3 – Hourglass Fit
Hourglass Fit is the one supplement on this list that has been specifically designed for women. It contains lots of great ingredients to curb your appetite and food cravings. It also contains plenty of ingredients to lift your mood, which should make sticking to your diet easier.
- 5-HTP (150mg)
- Zinc (8mg)
- Vitamins B2 (1.1mg), B6 (1.7mg), and B12 (2.4ug)
- Chromium Picolinate (125 ug)
- Glucomannan (Konjac Root Extract) (3000mg)
- Cayenne Pepper Extract (100mg)
- Bioperine (5mg)
The Hourglass Fit is a fantastic fat burner for women. It has a incredible way of improving your mood whilst suppressing appetite and food cravings. Women’s hormones often lead to more powerful food cravings. Therefore this is a good option for women who struggle to stay away from chocolate!
It is free from stimulants and contains vitamins and minerals to leave you feeling good and content all day.
- Scientifically backed fat-burning ingredients.
- Provides stable energy.
- Reduces food cravings.
- Contains appetite suppressants.
- Contains essential vitamins.
- All-natural and free from soy, gluten, and GMOs.
- 5-HTP can interact with some medications. Talk to your doctor to ensure it’s safe for you to use.
- Only available on their website.
You can purchase Hourglass Fit fat burner directly here
What Is The Best Fat Burner for Belly Fat?
You cannot really tackle fat loss in one area, even with the best fat burners. You cannot control where your body tales stored fat from when it needs it. If you have fat areas that won’t seem to shift, such as the belly, then the fat will eventually move from there, too, given enough time. Women’s bodies, in particular, prefer to hold fat around their bellies to keep their bodies prepared for child-bearing.
What Is The Best Stim-Free Fat Burner?
Hourglass fit is a stim-free fat burner that has been specifically designed for women. However, another condenser is Burn Lab Pro. It contains thermogenic and appetite-reducing ingredients, fast-shifting compounds, and additional ingredients to help you maintain muscle.
- GTF Chromium (90 mcg)
- HMB (1500 mg)
- Calcium (262.5 mg)
- Cleus Forskohlii (375 mg)
- BioPerine (3.75 mg)
- Cayenne Pepper Extract (75 mg)
Burn Lab Pro is unique in the world of fat burner supplements. It is stim-free and effective. It will help you to shift stubborn fat, reduce food cravings and support your muscles. It also includes prebiotics to support your gut health. Gut health is essential to your mood, energy levels, and immune system.
- No stimulant.
- Vegan friendly.
- Helps to maintain muscles.
- Reduces hunger cravings.
- A natural and modern formula.
- Contains prebiotics for gut health.
- Only available on their website.
- No vitamins.
To purchase Burn Lab Pro fat burner, click here.
What Is The Best Thermogenic Fat Burner?
Instant Knockout fat burner with powerful thermogenic effects and a high level of stimulants. It was formulated for MMA fighters and boxers but is now available for the wider public. It contains thermogenic ingredients to raise your metabolic rate and vitamins and minerals to nourish your body. It contains a high dose of stimulants to get you through your workout.
- Green Tea Extract (500mg)
- Caffeine Anhydrous (300mg)
- Cayenne Pepper (100mg)
- Green Coffee Bean Extract (100mg)
- Glucomannan (1800mg)
- GTF Chromium (100mcg)
- B Vitamins
This fat burner is sure to help you burn extra calories. Caffeine also has powerful thermogenic effects. The addition of chromium reduces your appetite and vitamins and minerals to nourish your body, even while eating at a deficit. This is a great well-rounded product.
- Research-backed ingredients and dosage.
- Inclusion of minerals vitamins.
- All-natural fat burner.
- Made with pros in mind.
- Metabolism-boosting ingredients.
- Proven ingredients to aid weight loss, including green tea extract and green coffee bean extract.
- Instant Knockout is only on the official website.
- A high dose of caffeine could result in negative side effects for some people.
You can purchase Instant Knockout directly here.
Best Fat Burners FAQ
Can a fat-burning supplement really help with weight loss?
Nothing makes up for a healthy diet and exercise. However, fat burners can help by raising your metabolic rate and by shifting stubborn fat from cells.
Are fat burners safe?
Not all fat burners are safe. Some supplements contain harmful or ingredients that lack study. Always choose a trusted manufacturer who clinically researches their products, such as those listed above. And always do your own research, especially if you have any pre-existing conditions, allergies, are sensitive to stimulants, or are taking any medications. As always, talk to your doctor before trying new supplements. Be wary of proprietary blends.
Can you take a fat burner with other supplements?
Yes, but you should be mindful of the caffeine intake in the other supplements so you don’t get too much. A supplement stack for weight loss is something you may want to consider as they have multiple supplements put together for you that can help you lose weight even faster.
What Supplements Should I Take to Lose Weight Female?
Our favorite fat burner right now is the same for men and women: Fighters Core. Not only will it reduce your appetite and deal with stubborn areas of fat, but it will also boost your mood and help you to maintain muscles.
You might think that it is impossible to maintain muscle if you are burning fat, but Fighters Core will ensure that you preserve as much muscle as possible.
You can buy Fighters Core fat burner directly from their website here.
- Holeček M. Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate supplementation and skeletal muscle in healthy and muscle-wasting conditions. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2017 Aug;8(4):529-541. doi: 10.1002/jcsm.12208. Epub 2017 May 10. PMID: 28493406; PMCID: PMC5566641.
- Okuda H, Morimoto C, Tsujita T. Relationship between cyclic AMP production and lipolysis induced by forskolin in rat fat cells. J Lipid Res. 1992 Feb;33(2):225-31. PMID: 1314877.
- Michelle C Venables, Carl J Hulston, Hannah R Cox, Asker E Jeukendrup, Green tea extract ingestion, fat oxidation, and glucose tolerance in healthy humans, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 87, Issue 3, March 2008, Pages 778–784, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/87.3.778
- Grgic J, Trexler ET, Lazinica B, Pedisic Z. Effects of caffeine intake on muscle strength and power: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2018 Mar 5;15:11. doi: 10.1186/s12970-018-0216-0. PMID: 29527137; PMCID: PMC5839013.
- Feduccia AA, Wang Y, Simms JA, Yi HY, Li R, Bjeldanes L, Ye C, Bartlett SE. Locomotor activation by theacrine, a purine alkaloid structurally similar to caffeine: involvement of adenosine and dopamine receptors. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012 Aug;102(2):241-8. doi: 10.1016/j.pbb.2012.04.014. Epub 2012 May 9. PMID: 22579816.
- Hua Y, Clark S, Ren J, Sreejayan N. Molecular mechanisms of chromium in alleviating insulin resistance. J Nutr Biochem. 2012 Apr;23(4):313-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jnutbio.2011.11.001. PMID: 22423897; PMCID: PMC3308119.
- John B. Vincent, The Biochemistry of Chromium, The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 130, Issue 4, April 2000, Pages 715–718, https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/130.4.715
- Ludy MJ, Moore GE, Mattes RD. The effects of capsaicin and capsiate on energy balance: critical review and meta-analyses of studies in humans. Chem Senses. 2012 Feb;37(2):103-21. doi: 10.1093/chemse/bjr100. Epub 2011 Oct 29. PMID: 22038945; PMCID: PMC3257466.
- Smeets AJ, Westerterp-Plantenga MS. The acute effects of a lunch containing capsaicin on energy and substrate utilisation, hormones, and satiety. Eur J Nutr. 2009 Jun;48(4):229-34. doi: 10.1007/s00394-009-0006-1. Epub 2009 Feb 24. PMID: 19238310; PMCID: PMC2695870.
- Yafang Du, Yuzhong Chen, Xiaoya Fu, Jia Gu, Yue Sun, Zixiang Zhang, Jiaying Xu, Liqiang Qin, Effects of piperine on lipid metabolism in high-fat diet induced obese mice, Journal of Functional Foods, Volume 71, 2020, 104011, ISSN 1756-4646, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jff.2020.104011.
- Aghamohammadi, V., Haidari, F., Mohammadshahi, M., Ahmadi-Angali, K. and Asghari-Jafarabadi, M., 2018. Whey Supplementation Combined with Energy-Restricted Diet Alleviates 2-Arachidonoylglycerol, Adipocytokines, Inflammatory Factors and Body Composition in Obese Women with Metabolic Syndrome: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Endocrinology & Metabolic Syndrome, 07(06).
- Howarth NC, Saltzman E, Roberts SB. Dietary fiber and weight regulation. Nutr Rev. 2001 May;59(5):129-39. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-4887.2001.tb07001.x. PMID: 11396693.
- Parray, H.A., Yun, J.W. Cannabidiol promotes browning in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Mol Cell Biochem 416, 131–139 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11010-016-2702-5
- Rossi F, Punzo F, Umano GR, Argenziano M, Miraglia Del Giudice E. Role of Cannabinoids in Obesity. Int J Mol Sci. 2018 Sep 10;19(9):2690. doi: 10.3390/ijms19092690. PMID: 30201891; PMCID: PMC6163475.
- Onakpoya I, Hung SK, Perry R, Wider B, Ernst E. The Use of Garcinia Extract (Hydroxycitric Acid) as a Weight loss Supplement: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomised Clinical Trials. J Obes. 2011;2011:509038. doi: 10.1155/2011/509038. Epub 2010 Dec 14. PMID: 21197150; PMCID: PMC3010674.
- Cangiano C, Laviano A, Del Ben M, Preziosa I, Angelico F, Cascino A, Rossi-Fanelli F. Effects of oral 5-hydroxy-tryptophan on energy intake and macronutrient selection in non-insulin dependent diabetic patients. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1998 Jul;22(7):648-54. doi: 10.1038/sj.ijo.0800642. PMID: 9705024.
- Dvora Izgelov, Michael Freidman, Amnon Hoffman, Investigation of cannabidiol gastro retentive tablets based on regional absorption of cannabinoids in rats, European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Volume 152, 2020, Pages 229-235, ISSN 0939-6411, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpb.2020.05.010.