*Brand Partner Content*
As we age, many of us experience the dramatic slow down of our metabolism. We were once able to drink beer, eat takeaways, and indulge in chocolate without suffering any repercussions. But even now that we are prioritizing our health, we find it increasingly difficult to secure and maintain the physique we want.
Luckily there is something that can help, a world of supplements called fat burners. We are not talking about diuretic teas or seemingly magic berries. Instead, high-quality fat burners are comprised of natural ingredients that help to optimize your body’s natural processes.
Fat burners can help to shift stubborn fat, minimize cravings, boost metabolism and boost your mood so that you can better stick to your healthy lifestyle. The best products can even help you to maintain muscle mass, even while losing weight.
But with dozens of fat burner supplements on the market, how can you know which ones are really effective and who is just trying to make a quick buck.
To help you find the best fat burner for you, we have researched the best products available and are here to provide you with the products that we believe to be of the highest quality. All of these products are all-natural, well-researched, and clinically dosed.
If you’re searching for a fat-burning supplement that actually works, here are our top recommendations.
Do Fat Burners Really Work?
As much as we hope for a quick fix, the truth is that there is no magic solution to weight loss. To lose weight, you need to eat fewer calories than you burn. Only by managing your diet and exercise regime will you see fat loss.
However, fat burners can certainly help you on your way. They do this by increasing your metabolism, reducing fat absorption, helping your body burn fat for fuel, curbing appetite, and boosting your mood and energy levels.
Whether fat burners really work comes down to the quality of the ingredients. You should always avoid any supplement that is not transparent about the ingredients. If you see the words ‘proprietary blend’, then run the other way. Some products include unnecessary, unproven, or even harmful ingredients. That is why it is important to do your research and find a natural and high-quality product.
However, some ingredients are proven to aid weight loss. They do this in a number of ways.
Thermogenic Fat Burners
Thermogenic fat burners work by dissipating energy through the production of heat. Thermogenesis is a normal aspect of the metabolic process, and some ingredients increase this process so that your body produces more heat, and therefore burns more calories.
Lipolysis is the breaking down of lipids, otherwise known as fat. This is a natural process that occurs in our adipose tissue, which lines our body and protects our organs.
Our body stores excess energy in fat, ready to be burned as fuel if our glucose levels are low. Glucose is our body’s preferred fuel source, but once we have used all of our glucose as energy, our body starts to use fat, thus burning it away.
Some ingredients in fat burners help our bodies burn more fat as fuel and facilitate the movement of stored fats to be used as energy.
One of the main reasons we eat is our appetite. Our body sends signals to our brain when we are hungry or because we have cravings.
Some ingredients in fat burners decrease our appetite, making it much easier to eat less. They work in a number of ways. They can help macronutrient absorption or balance blood sugar levels to reduce food cravings, make our stomach feel full through dietary fiber, or reduce hunger hormones such as Ghrelin.
Finally, something that is often overlooked, some fat burners can boost your mood and help you to feel better. This is powerful because when you feel better, it becomes much easier to stick to your habits.
What Is The Number 1 Fat Burner?
If you are researching the best fat-burning supplements, you probably see one particular product pop up a lot: Fighters Core. And for a good reason, it is all-natural and vegan, and as well as hitting all of the effects listed above: thermogenesis, lipolysis, appetite suppression, and mood enhancement, its revolutionary formula also works to help you maintain muscle mass!
It’s no wonder that it won Supplements Wiki’s best fat burner award.
Calcium HMB (104mg)
Calcium HMB is beneficial to bone health and prevents muscle loss by triggering the synthesis of muscle proteins. In one study, it performed better than steroids at helping people gain muscle. (1)
HMB is so effective at preventing muscle breakdown that it is used as a medicine for people at risk of muscle wasting, such as AIDS and cancer patients. But studies have shown that supplementation is beneficial for young athletes as well. (2)
Coleus Forskohlii (200mg)
Coleus Forskohlii is a powerful ingredient for fat burner supplements due to its lipolysis boosting properties, helping shift stored fat from cells. (3) It has also been shown to increase metabolic rate, improve digestion and suppress appetite. As if that wasn’t impressive enough, it also increases testosterone levels, which will help you maintain muscle. You can read more about this miraculous plant here.
Green Tea Extract (400mg)
Most fat-burning supplements contain green tea extract. Green tea is an effective antioxidant that improves brain function, increases energy levels, and even helps your body to breakdown more fat. It is so effective at fat burning that one study showed that it increased fat oxidization by 17%! (4)
Caffeine Anhydrous (25mg)
Caffeine is known to increase energy, focus, muscle strength, and endurance, particularly when taken prior to exercise. (5) However, too much caffeine can cause sleeplessness and anxiety, both of which are detrimental to fat loss. Therefore, we like this gentle dose and the inclusion of Theacrine to maximize its effects.
Theacrine synergizes with caffeine to boost the good effects while minimizing the energy crash. Your body does not build up a tolerance to Theacrine in the same way as caffeine, which means that you can benefit from it even with prolonged use. (6).
Capsimax Cayenne Pepper (100mg)
Any thermogenic fat burner is likely to contain Cayenne. It is a powerful thermogenic pepper that will increase the number of calories your body burns each day. (7) It also aids weight loss by reducing levels of the hunger hormone ghrelin (8).
Chromium Picolinate (150mcg)
Chromium aids the metabolism of nutrients through its impact on insulin regulation. This process has been shown to reduce food cravings. (9) However, Chromium is not well absorbed. Fighters Core has solved this problem by swapping Chromium out for Chromium Picolinate, which is much better absorbed by the body. (10)
Black pepper is also a thermogenic fat burner. While also regulating lipolysis and preventing new fat cells from forming. (11)
Piperine has been shown to increase the absorption of other ingredients. Bioperine is a trademarked form of black pepper that contains 95% piperine. In comparison, the pepper you put on your food is only around 9% piperine.
If you want to lose fat, then Fighters Core can certainly help you on your journey. It attacks fat loss from every angle while helping you to maintain those hard-won muscle gains! With a balanced amount of stimulants, it should leave you feeling good throughout the day.
- Vegan, all-natural formula.
- Helps you maintain muscle.
- Thermogenic fat burner that boosts metabolism.
- Impressive, scientifically-backed formula and dosage.
- Safe for competitive use.
- Only available from the manufacturer’s website.
To purchase Fighters Core fat burner, click here.
What Is The Best Fat Burner for Belly Fat?
It is impossible to target fat loss in a particular body area, even with high-quality fat burners. Your body burns fat based on overall fitness and not the fatigue of small muscles. If you have stubborn areas of fat, which are often found around the belly, these will shift eventually if you stick to your habits, given enough time.
When it comes to shifting that stubborn fat, fat-burning supplements can help. Especially those that aid lipolysis, such as Fighters Core.
What Is The Best Stim-Free Fat Burner?
While stimulants are effective fat burners, for some people, they are not worth the trade-off. If you are sensitive to caffeine or have trouble sleeping, you should try a stimulant-free fat burner. We’ll be honest. There are not many. However, one product really stands out: Burn Lab Pro, which contains many of the ingredients found in Fighters Core, but without the stims.
GTF Chromium (90 mcg)
Chromium balances blood sugar levels and aids macronutrient absorption to reduce food cravings. (12) As mentioned above, simple chromium compounds are not well absorbed, but GTF chromium is another more absorbable form.
HMB (1500 mg)
Calcium (262.5 mg)
Calcium is widely understood to be important for bone health, which is important for those looking to build muscle. It has also been shown to aid the functioning of muscles. (14)
Coleus Forskohlii (375 mg)
The benefits of Coleus Forkohlii are numerous. It suppresses appetite, aids digestion, and improves your metabolic rate. It also supports lipolysis and raises levels of testosterone. In other words, it breaks down fat and helps to maintain muscle.
BioPerine (3.75 mg)
A thermogenic fat burner that prevents new fat cells from forming. Piperine also aids the absorption of other nutrients.
Cayenne Pepper Extract (75 mg)
Cayenne Pepper is another thermogenic fat burner that speeds up your metabolism.
Burn Lab Pro is unique in the world of fat burner supplements. It is stim-free and effective. It will help you to shift stubborn fat, reduce food cravings and support your muscles. It also includes prebiotics to support your gut health. Gut health is essential to your mood, energy levels, and immune system.
- No stimulant.
- Vegan friendly.
- Helps to maintain muscles.
- Reduces hunger cravings.
- A natural and modern formula.
- Contains prebiotics for gut health
- Only available on their website.
- No vitamins.
To purchase Burn Lab Pro fat burner, click here.
What Is The Best Thermogenic Fat Burner?
There is one product that really stands out when it comes to thermogenic fat burners: Instant Knockout. Instant knockout was designed for professional MMA fighters and boxers and is now available for anyone to use. It contains lots of ingredients to aid thermogenesis and vitamins and minerals to nourish your body. It also contains a high dose of stimulants that some people love.
Green Tea Extract (500mg)
Green tea has natural fat-burning properties while also being a potent antioxidant that is beneficial to brain health. On top of all that, it aids thermogenesis. Green tea has been shown to increase thermogenesis and 24-hour energy expenditure by about 4%. (15) Many fat burners contain green tea and for a good reason!
Caffeine Anhydrous (300mg)
Caffeine is another thermogenic ingredient that increases metabolic rate. A single 100 mg dose of caffeine increased the resting metabolic rate of both lean and postobese participants by 3-4% in one study. (16)
This high dose of caffeine is sure to aid weight loss, but it may not be suitable for everyone. If you are sensitive to caffeine, you should pick one of the best fat burners with fewer stims.
Cayenne Pepper (100mg)
Cayenne Pepper also boosts thermogenesis. (17). It has also been shown to reduce ghrelin – the hunger hormone.
Green Coffee Bean Extract (100mg)
Studies show that green coffee bean increases fat-loss and reduces total cholesterol, LDL (bad) cholesterol, and free fatty acids. (18)
Glucomannan is a dietary fiber that makes you feel full, thus suppressing appetite. (19)
GTF Chromium (100mcg)
Instant Knockout contains Chromium to regulate blood sugar and metabolize macronutrients, reducing food cravings. (20)
Zinc is an important vitamin that aids protein synthesis and normal macronutrient metabolism.
B-vitamins boost brain function, focus, and mood. Many of us do not get enough B-vitamins which can leave us with brain fog and fatigue. When you feel good, you can better stick to your healthy lifestyle.
Thermogenic fat burners are effective at boosting your metabolism. Instant Knockout has many powerful thermogenic ingredients. It also includes essential vitamins to nourish your body and help you feel your best.
- Made with pros in mind.
- Research-backed ingredients and dosage.
- All-natural fat burner.
- Metabolism-boosting ingredients.
- Inclusion of Glucomannan, a dietary fiber that suppresses appetite.
- Inclusion of vitamins.
- Proven fat-burning ingredients, including green tea and green coffee.
- A high dose of caffeine could result in negative side effects for some people.
- Instant Knockout is only on the official website.
You can purchase Instant Knockout fat burner directly here.
The Best Fat Burning Supplement With CBD
People are always looking for new ways to burn fat more effectively. And one fat burner that really stands out from the crowd is ShredCBD. Modern research has shown that CBD, a non-psychoactive compound derived from Cannabis, is one of the most effective fat burners we know of.
CBD supplements should not show up on drug tests so long as they contain just trace amounts of THC, the psychoactive compound that drug tests look for.
How CBD works
Your body produces endocannabinoids naturally. They bind to cannabinoid receptors throughout your body. They are found in your brain and nervous system, digestive system, heart, and throughout your body. CBD also binds to these receptors, which gives it some powerful effects.
CBD transforms white adipose tissue – ‘bad fat’, into brown adipose tissue – ‘good fat’. Brown fat contains high levels of mitochondria, which use more energy and burn away more effectively. (21)
You might associate smoking weed with increased appetite. However, CBD may actually have the opposite effect. It binds to CB1 receptors throughout the central nervous system, which has been shown to reduce appetite. (22)
CBD regulates your body’s production of cortisol, the hormone associated with stress. (23) Less cortisol helps both your mental and physical state, leaving you feeling good!
CBD is frequently used as a sleep intervention due to its ability to improve sleep quality. (24) When you do not get high-quality sleep, you will have less energy, more cravings for bad food, and your body will have less time to recover, which hinders any attempt to grow muscle.
Improves Exercise Performance
Through the regulation of cortisol, CBD also reduces inflammation throughout the body. That means that your body can recover faster. The regulation of inflammation is also associated with better digestion, better mood, and a stronger immune system.
1200mg of 99% Pure CBD Isolate
ShredCBD contains a highly targeted dose of CBD in the form of a capsule. The CBD market is flooded with CBD oils and sprays. However, a capsule is effective at fat burning because it travels into the small intestine, where it can be fully absorbed. Oils, on the other hand, are partially destroyed by stomach acid. (25)
Less than 0.1% THC
THC will not show up on a drug test at this low dose, and you will not experience any of the psychoactive effects.
Garcinia Cambogia contains Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA), which boosts serotonin levels, suppresses appetite, and inhibits enzymes that store fat. In one study CBD reduced the users’ weight by around 20.88 kg more than the placebo group. (26)
Green Tea Extract
Green tea extract is a well-known fat burner that is full of antioxidants to improve your mood. It also increases the lipolytic pathway and reduces adipose tissue. (27)
ShredCBD is a premium fat burner that is a powerful addition to any health-optimizing stack. The health benefits are numerous and cover many areas of life, from sleep and stress to fat loss and muscle recovery.
- Great client reviews.
- All-natural and clinically dosed ingredients.
- Fat browning helps shift stubborn fat.
- Improves sleep, mood, and energy throughout the day.
- Inclusion of additional well-proven fat burners: green tea and Garcinia Cambogia.
- Only available on their website.
You can purchase ShredCBD fat burner directly here.
Best Fat Burner for Women
Women burn fat in largely the same way as men, and therefore, any of the fat burners listed above will be suitable for both men and women. However, women do have different hormones and enzyme concentrations, so their bodies do work a little differently. Furthermore, men are actually better at burning fat because naturally, they have more muscle and higher energy expenditures.
Hourglass Fit has been specifically designed for women and does not contain any stimulants. It contains some of the ingredients found in the products listed above, such as Chromium and Black Pepper. In addition to lots of great vitamins and 5HTP, which boosts serotonin levels.
Hydroxytryptophan is a precursor of Serotonin, the happiness hormone. Taking 5-HTP has been shown to increase serotonin levels, resulting in a better mood, improved sleep, and a reduced appetite.
In one study, patients with diabetes who took a 5-HTP supplement consumed on average 435 fewer calories per day than the placebo group. (28). It inhibits the intake of calories from carbohydrates, which regulates blood sugar and reduces food cravings.
Zinc is an essential vitamin that contributes to protein synthesis and macronutrient absorption.
Vitamins B2 (1.1mg), B6 (1.7mg), and B12 (2.4ug)
B-vitamins are important for brain function. Getting enough B-vitamins is associated with more focus, energy, and a better mood. If you are eating at a calorie deficit, you may not be getting all of the nutrients you need. Therefore supplements can be a powerful tool. When you are deficient in minerals, it is also likely that you will crave unhealthy food.
Chromium Picolinate (125 ug)
Chromium reduces food cravings by maintaining blood sugar and aiding macronutrient absorption.
Glucomannan (Konjac Root Extract) (3000mg)
Glucomannan is a dietary fiber that fills up space in your stomach and keeps you feeling full longer after meals.
Cayenne Pepper Extract (100mg)
Cayenne can boost your metabolism by increasing thermogenesis. It also helps to reduce levels of the hunger hormone ghrelin.
This is a popular addition to many fat burners. It boosts thermogenesis, helps shift stubborn fat, and aids with the absorption of other ingredients.
The Hourglass Fit is a great fat burner for women. It contains effective ingredients with a focus on boosting mood and suppressing appetite and food cravings. This is important for women who want to lose weight, as women’s hormones often cause powerful cravings for unhealthy foods, such as chocolate!
This fat burner supplement is also free from stimulants, which is preferable for women who need stable energy so that they can progress in every aspect of their life, including family life, work and gym.
- Scientifically backed fat-burning ingredients.
- Contains essential vitamins.
- Reduces food cravings.
- All-natural and free from soy, gluten, and GMOs.
- Provides stable energy.
- 5-HTP can negatively interact with several medications. Talk to your doctor to ensure it’s safe for you to use.
- Only available on their website.
You can purchase Hourglass Fit fat burner directly here.
Best Fat Burners FAQ
Can a supplement really help with burning fat?
While nothing can replace a good diet and exercise, fat burners can help break down lipids to help you shift stubborn fat. They can also help you to burn more fat as fuel and raise your metabolic rate through thermogenesis. All of these factors can help you in losing weight.
Fat burner powder vs. pills
Our top supplements are all in the form of pills. Pills for losing weight are easy to consume and travel into the small intestine, where they can be absorbed over a longer period of time. This means that you benefit from the formula over a prolonged period, maximizing their effects.
Are fat burners safe?
Not all fat burners are safe. Some supplements on the market contain harmful or unproven ingredients. Or they may contain a dosage of some ingredients that is too high. It is important to make sure that any supplement you take has been scientifically researched and clinically dosed. Take care to buy from a trusted manufacturer, such as those listed here.
Furthermore, if you have any medical conditions, speak to your doctor before trying a new supplement.
What Is The Best Fat Burning Supplement?
Our top choice fat burner is Fighters Core. It contains ingredients to boost metabolism, curb appetite, burn away stubborn fat, and boost mood. It also contains ingredients to help maintain muscles!
There is an understanding in the fitness world that if you want to lose fat, you have to lose muscle as well. When your goal is body recomposition, this is frustrating. Luckily, Fighters Core has been developed to allow you to retain as much muscle as possible on your fat-burning journey. Your strength will be preserved with natural anabolic ingredients, and protein synthesis will be optimized, even while fasted.
It contains thermogenic fat burners such as cayenne and green tea extract as well as muscle-maintaining ingredients like Coleus Forskohlii and calcium HMB. The synergy of caffeine and Theacrine will also give you a smooth boost of energy throughout your workout and the rest of your day.
You should speak to your doctor before trying any new supplement, especially if you are on any medication or have many health conditions. As always, make sure you do your own research too.
You can buy Fighters Core fat burner directly from their website here.
- Wilson, Jacob M et al. “The effects of 12 weeks of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate free acid supplementation on muscle mass, strength, and power in resistance-trained individuals: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.” European journal of applied physiology vol. 114,6 (2014): 1217-27. doi:10.1007/s00421-014-2854-5
- Holeček, Milan. “Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate supplementation and skeletal muscle in healthy and muscle-wasting conditions.” Journal of cachexia, sarcopenia and muscle vol. 8,4 (2017): 529-541. doi:10.1002/jcsm.12208
- Okuda, H et al. “Relationship between cyclic AMP production and lipolysis induced by forskolin in rat fat cells.” Journal of lipid research vol. 33,2 (1992): 225-31.
- Michelle C Venables, Carl J Hulston, Hannah R Cox, Asker E Jeukendrup, Green tea extract ingestion, fat oxidation, and glucose tolerance in healthy humans, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 87, Issue 3, March 2008, Pages 778–784, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/87.3.778
- Grgic, Jozo et al. “Effects of caffeine intake on muscle strength and power: a systematic review and meta-analysis.” Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition vol. 15 11. 5 Mar. 2018, doi:10.1186/s12970-018-0216-0
- Feduccia, Allison A et al. “Locomotor activation by theacrine, a purine alkaloid structurally similar to caffeine: involvement of adenosine and dopamine receptors.” Pharmacology, biochemistry, and behavior vol. 102,2 (2012): 241-8. doi:10.1016/j.pbb.2012.04.014
- Ludy, Mary-Jon et al. “The effects of capsaicin and capsiate on energy balance: critical review and meta-analyses of studies in humans.” Chemical senses vol. 37,2 (2012): 103-21. doi:10.1093/chemse/bjr100
- Smeets, Astrid J, and Margriet S Westerterp-Plantenga. “The acute effects of a lunch containing capsaicin on energy and substrate utilisation, hormones, and satiety.” European journal of nutrition vol. 48,4 (2009): 229-34. doi:10.1007/s00394-009-0006-1
- Hua, Yinan et al. “Molecular mechanisms of chromium in alleviating insulin resistance.” The Journal of nutritional biochemistry vol. 23,4 (2012): 313-9. doi:10.1016/j.jnutbio.2011.11.001
- John B. Vincent, The Biochemistry of Chromium, The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 130, Issue 4, April 2000, Pages 715–718, https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/130.4.715
- Yafang Du, Yuzhong Chen, Xiaoya Fu, Jia Gu, Yue Sun, Zixiang Zhang, Jiaying Xu, Liqiang Qin, Effects of piperine on lipid metabolism in high-fat diet induced obese mice, Journal of Functional Foods, Volume 71, 2020, 104011, ISSN 1756-4646, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jff.2020.104011.
- A scientific review: the role of chromium in insulin resistance.” The Diabetes educator vol. Suppl (2004): 2-14.
- Durkalec-Michalski, Krzysztof et al. “The Effect of a 12-Week Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) Supplementation on Highly-Trained Combat Sports Athletes: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Crossover Study.” Nutrients vol. 9,7 753. 14 Jul. 2017, doi:10.3390/nu9070753
- Berchtold, M W et al. “Calcium ion in skeletal muscle: its crucial role for muscle function, plasticity, and disease.” Physiological reviews vol. 80,3 (2000): 1215-65. doi:10.1152/physrev.2000.80.3.1215
- Mousavi, Ateke et al. “The effects of green tea consumption on metabolic and anthropometric indices in patients with Type 2 diabetes.” Journal of research in medical sciences : the official journal of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences vol. 18,12 (2013): 1080-6.
- Dulloo, A G et al. “Normal caffeine consumption: influence on thermogenesis and daily energy expenditure in lean and postobese human volunteers.” The American journal of clinical nutrition vol. 49,1 (1989): 44-50. doi:10.1093/ajcn/49.1.44
- Janssens, Pilou L H R et al. “Acute effects of capsaicin on energy expenditure and fat oxidation in negative energy balance.” PloS one vol. 8,7 e67786. 2 Jul. 2013, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0067786
- Haidari, F., Samadi, M., Mohammadshahi, M., Taha Jalali, M. and Ahmadi Engali, K., 2017. Energy restriction combined with green coffee bean extract affects serum adipocytokines and the body composition in obese women. Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases Research Center, 26(6), pp.1048-1054.
- Howarth, N C et al. “Dietary fiber and weight regulation.” Nutrition reviews vol. 59,5 (2001): 129-39. doi:10.1111/j.1753-4887.2001.tb07001.x
- Cefalu, W. and Hu, F., 2004. Role of Chromium in Human Health and in Diabetes. Diabetes Care, 27(11), pp.2741-2751.
- Parray, H.A., Yun, J.W. Cannabidiol promotes browning in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Mol Cell Biochem 416, 131–139 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11010-016-2702-5
- Rossi, Francesca et al. “Role of Cannabinoids in Obesity.” International journal of molecular sciences vol. 19,9 2690. 10 Sep. 2018, doi:10.3390/ijms19092690
- Shannon, Scott et al. “Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series.” The Permanente journal vol. 23 (2019): 18-041. doi:10.7812/TPP/18-041
- Murillo-Rodríguez, Eric et al. “Cannabidiol, a constituent of Cannabis sativa, modulates sleep in rats.” FEBS letters vol. 580,18 (2006): 4337-45. doi:10.1016/j.febslet.2006.04.102
- Dvora Izgelov, Michael Freidman, Amnon Hoffman, Investigation of cannabidiol gastro retentive tablets based on regional absorption of cannabinoids in rats, European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Volume 152, 2020, Pages 229-235, ISSN 0939-6411, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpb.2020.05.010.
- Onakpoya, Igho et al. “The Use of Garcinia Extract (Hydroxycitric Acid) as a Weight loss Supplement: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomised Clinical Trials.” Journal of obesity vol. 2011 (2011): 509038. doi:10.1155/2011/509038
- Cunha, Cláudio A et al. “Green tea extract supplementation induces the lipolytic pathway, attenuates obesity, and reduces low-grade inflammation in mice fed a high-fat diet.” Mediators of inflammation vol. 2013 (2013): 635470. doi:10.1155/2013/635470
- Cangiano, C et al. “Effects of oral 5-hydroxy-tryptophan on energy intake and macronutrient selection in non-insulin dependent diabetic patients.” International journal of obesity and related metabolic disorders : journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity vol. 22,7 (1998): 648-54. doi:10.1038/sj.ijo.0800642