For sufferers of arthritis, oftentimes it’s difficult to find the perfect remedy to take all of the pain away, or even feel comfortable enough to function in daily life. Countless prescriptions, special salves and creams, and over-the-counter pain relievers can be both costly and damaging.
The good news is, a new hope for arthritis pain relief has been found in CBD. CBD, or cannabidiol, is a chemical compound found in the hemp and cannabis plants that calms, soothes, and has healing properties without the psychoactive side-effects of the cannabis plant’s other chemical compound, THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol.
For this article, we’ve compiled a list of the best CBD creams for arthritis pain, as well as found numerous studies that support CBD’s use for arthritis and the pain associated with the condition.
How We Compiled CBD Cream for Arthritis Pain List:
In order to compose this article, we put together a long list of various CBD cream brands that are popular with consumers today. And because of the recent rise in CBD’s popularity, our list began to become unwieldy.
Next, we researched every brand by scouring through customer reviews, learned how each company sourced its CBD extracts, looked at whether or not the company made third-party laboratory testing reports readily available to its customers, and much more.
Based on what we found, we took company names off of our list until we were then left with a handful of brands that met and exceeded our strict guidelines.
We then put these brands under a microscope to look at them more intensely until we were left with the top 5 names in CBD that are listed further down into this article.
Lastly, our list would not be complete if we had not read published input from respected CBD journalists, niche experts, as well as real CBD users.
What We Were Searching For:
In narrowing down our list of CBD cream brands, closely looked at every brand and its products for:
- Arthritis pain relief. We specifically wanted to explore how effective each brand was at alleviating arthritis pain.
- Hemp sources.
- The company’s processing facilities and if they met FDA guidelines.
- Whether the products are made of full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or isolate extracts.
- The THC levels that were left in the final products once they were placed on shelves.
- We wanted to see if the company lab-tested its products and if and how it made those results available to its customers.
- Dosage and usage instructions that the company/brand gives to its customers.
- The company’s overall reputation and customer reviews.
- Whether the CBD cream brand offers conclusive, trustworthy, verified information about CBD — what it is, how it works, its benefits, etc.
In examining these vital factors, we then shaved our list down to the following five brands.
Best CBD Cream For Arthritis Pain
FAB CBD was founded in 2017 with the mission to create a quality, reliable, line of CBD products for everyone to enjoy.
The company’s founder and its staff have many years of experience in the health, nutrition, and fitness niches. All of FAB CBD’s products are formulated according to the company’s highest standards. FAB has a topical CBD cream, a line of CBD oils in various strengths, CBD gummies, CBD dog treats, and a brand new line of non-CBD superfoods.
All of the company’s products are cultivated from the finest organic hemp grown in Colorado, which is turned into top-shelf extract through a highly-preferred, solvent-free CO2 extraction process.
The result of this are super-clean extracts that are rich in terpenes and important cannabinoids. FAB CBD’s products enable its customers to reap all of hemp’s enormous health benefits.
FAB is clearly the best CBD cream for arthritis pain in numerous ways:
- Selection: FAB offers a fresh, citrus-scented topical CBD cream, oils in different strengths, CBD gummies, and much more. FAB gives its customers a host of ways to treat their arthritis pain, and any other pain issues they may be having. FAB’s topical cream alleviates pain associated with arthritis, while its CBD oil works on a cellular level to calm down inflammation. The company’s CBD gummies are a great option for tackling visceral pain because they offer extended relief simply by taking a single dose.
- Organic hemp sources, full-spectrum products: FAB sources its organically-grown hemp from Colorado to craft the extract used in all of its products. All of the hemp FAB uses is grown using state-of-the-art growing, extraction, and cloning practices and equipment so that the company can guarantee its customers products that contain high-quality raw materials and a superior end product.
- Third-party lab testing: All of FAB’s products are tested using third-party laboratory ProVerde Laboratories. The company also makes those test results readily available to its clients via its website.
- Money-back guarantee: FAB gives all of its clients a 30-day money-back guarantee on all of its products. This is an ideal option for customers who are trying CBD products for the very first time.
- Fresh-smelling, clean, calming CBD topical cream
- Fantastic tasting oil flavors in strengths of 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 2400mg.
- Best-rated CBD gummies.
- Phenomenal customer service.
- Secure and quick shipping.
- Vegan non-CBD superfood options available.
- Free shipping on all orders over $89.
- No shipping to Canada or the UK.
- No options for auto-ship or subscription memberships for regular orders.
You can buy Fabcbd products here
#2 Lord Jones
Lord Jones was first founded by Robert Rosenheck. Not much more information is found on the company. The company’s products are created from broad-spectrum CBD extracts that are derived from hemp that is grown and cultivated in the United States. Lord Jones’ products do not contain any THC.
- Military and Teacher Discounts: The company offers a 20% discount to all members of the military and to teachers in the pre-K, K-12, and university levels.
- Product Variety: Lord Jones offers a variety of products including CBD creams and lotions, CBD tinctures, bath salts, confections, and more.
- The company offers free shipping without a minimum purchase point.
- Lord Jones has a “CBD 101” tab on its website that allows customers to learn more about CBD and its benefits, among other topics.
- Wide variety of product options including oils, confections, a skincare line, creams, capsules, bath salts, and more.
- Third-party lab tests are not found on the company’s website.
- Barely any information can be found online about the company.
- Lord Jones’ products run on the expensive side.
#3 Joy Organics
Joy Organics was founded by mother, grandmother, and humanitarian, Joy Smith, who used CBD to help her tackle sleep disturbances and other health-related issues.
Joy Organics has a large variety of products that include CBD oils, soft-gel caps, topical salves, gummies, pet products, a hemp-infused face mask, and a hemp-infused energy drink.
- Proprietary strains: All of Joy Organics’ CBD is sourced from the company’s own proprietary CBD-rich organic hemp strains that are grown in the United States.
- Products contain no THC: Joy Organics purifies and separates all of its extracts by removing all of the THC, wax, chlorophyll, and plant pigments that remain after processing has been completed.
- Zero THC. The products from Joy Organics are great for those people who are wanting completely THC-free CBD products.
- All of the company’s products are tested by a third-party lab. Customers can access these results via a QR code on the packaging.
- Free shipping.
- All extracts are broad-spectrum.
- Joy Organics’ CBD tinctures only go up to 1500mg.
- The products are not organic.
The Benefits of Using CBD Cream for Arthritis Pain
Over 50 million Americans are affected with arthritis, as it is the number one cause of disability in the US.
The most commonly known forms of arthritis are:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): RA is an autoimmune disease that attacks the immune system causing painful inflammation in the joints. RA is more commonly found in the hands and feet, but it also causes swollen, painful, stiff joints elsewhere in the body.
- Osteoarthritis (OA): OA is a degenerative disease that attacks the bones and joint cartilage. It commonly causes pain and stiffness in areas such as the hips, knees, and thumb joints.
Recent studies have found that CBD can help relieve and treat the inflammation pain associated with arthritis. Scientists and researchers are diligently studying CBD’s effect on arthritis pain so that safer, more-effective, non-prescription options can be offered to those suffering with the disease.
Research conducted in 2011 found that CBD was effective in reducing inflammation and pain in rats by altering the way that pain receptors react to outside stimuli. Still, further, more positive results were discovered in a 2014 studythat found that CBD was a promising mode of treatment in pain associated with osteoarthritis. Lastly, a 2017 studydiscovered that CBD prevented both pain and nerve damage in rats with osteoarthritis.
But, no matter the type of arthritis pain you are dealing with, and regardless of any other condition you are trying to manage like ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s Disease, fibromyalgia, back pain, headaches, muscle soreness, or cramps, topical CBD cream can help to relieve and potentially eliminate pain, allowing you to be more comfortable and function at a higher level.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is found naturally in the marijuana and hemp of the cannabis plant. And unlike THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, CBD’s cannabinoid cousin, it will not cause you to feel any kind of euphoric high.
When applied directly to the skin, topical CBD creams work by affecting the numerous cannabinoid receptors in the skin to dull, alleviate, and even eliminate pain for short periods of time. High-quality topical CBD creams, like FAB CBD’s Topical Cream will effectively take pain away for a period of time and will not mask the pain and inflammation like other unreliable CBD creams, salves, and topicals do.
Whether you use a CBD topical on your skin or take it orally in a CBD tincture, CBD has many wonderful benefits to multiple systems in the body. For example, CBD oil works with the body’s endocannabinoid system through receptors in both the central and peripheral nervous systems to help regulate functions such as:
- Immune System function
- Temperature regulation
- Motor control
CBD is fantastic for alleviating and reducing inflammation. A recent study reports that CBD and THC are more effective at treating inflammation than NSAIDs.
Benefits of CBD cream for arthritis pain are seen in the improvement and overall alleviation of:
- Arthritis pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Osteoarthritis (OA)
- Muscle spasms
- Chronic pain
- Chronic inflammation
- Low back pain
- Neuropathic pain
Things To Consider When Buying CBD Cream for Arthritis Pain:
Due to the rise in popularity of CBD creams and topicals, the market is flooded with new CBD brands. In light of this, it’s important to remember that all CBD brands are not created equal.
If you do plan on making CBD cream a regular part of your arthritis pain management regimen, you should:
- Know where CBD companies source their hemp from. Cannabis that’s grown in Asia and Europe aren’t held to the same standards as hemp that’s grown in the United States.
- Know how much THC is in a product. THC naturally occurs in cannabis, but all CBD products created and sold within the United States must legally contain less than 0.3% THC in them. As a consumer, you should always pick products from companies that adhere to this law.
- Know the difference between full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolates. Full-spectrum products give you the most benefits because they contain a wide array of terpenes, cannabinoids, and other hemp actives in them. These products are more effective because all of these compounds work together to synergistically interact with each other in the body in what is typically called an entourage effect.
- Research the brand’s products to see what else is in them. Tinctures, edibles, and cosmedics can also have flavoring agents, preservatives, and other non-beneficial ingredients in them. Always select products that are certified organic and that are all natural.
- Purchase products from companies who use third-party lab testing to test their products and that make those results easily available to its customers. Third-party lab test results allow consumers to know exactly what it is they are putting inside their bodies.
What Is The Best CBD Cream Dosage for Arthritis Pain?
As with any natural supplement, proper dosing with CBD is also of the utmost importance.
CBD Topicals and Edibles:
Topicals are not that complicated. Since they will not enter the bloodstream, feel free to use as much as you need as often as you need to.
If CBD oil isn’t your thing, then why not try FAB’s line of vegan CBD gummies? A single gummy contains 25mg of CBD and absorbs slower and differently into the body than CBD oil.
Firstly, remember that everyone’s body is different. There is no “correct dose” for one single person. So, what works best for you might not work best for someone else.
Higher is not always better with CBD. Typically, mid-range doses will give you more benefits than low or high doses.
Beginners should start by taking a single daily 5mg dose for about one week before reassessing and potentially increasing your dose. When you increase your dose, increase gradually. Low and slow is the best rule of thumb to follow with CBD.
Every time you increase your dose, stick to the new dose for at least one week before increasing again as your body needs adequate time to adjust to the new dosage.
If you are someone who has never tried CBD before, then begin with a ½ dropper of FAB CBD’s 300mg CBD oil once per day. This will equal about 5mg.
After one week, reassess and see how you feel. If you feel as if you need more CBD oil, then begin taking ½ dropper twice daily to equal about 10mg a day.
Can CBD Be Legally Bought Online?
Buying CBD online is legal across the entire United States providing that the CBD has been sourced from non-intoxicating cannabis, more commonly known as hemp, that has less than 0.3% of THC in them.
This hemp has been grown to contain low amounts of THC. Any CBD products that contain more than 0.3% THC are illegal unless purchased in states that have legalized cannabis.
Final Thoughts On CBD Cream For Arthritis Pain
A great array of studies have been published proving CBD’s effectiveness in alleviating and improving arthritis pain.
In light of today’s opioid crisis and the rise in prescription painkiller addiction rates, more consumers are seeking out safe, natural alternatives like CBD creams, CBD edibles, and CBD oils to help reduce excruciating arthritis inflammation and pain, as well as possibly eliminate pain they feel from common irritations like headaches and muscle aches, and irritation from chronic conditions such as Crohn’s Disease, arthritis, and fibromyalgia.
CBD does not have any intoxicating effects. Likewise, it also has a very low occurrence of negative side-effects. Most all who regularly use CBD as part of their daily health regimen like the fact that it won’t cause any harm to the skin. In fact, CBD cream is also used on skin with eczema, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and scars with significant improvement.
It doesn’t matter whether your arthritis pain comes from OA or RA, a good piece of advice is to strongly consider trying some of the products discussed within this article.
If you are considering trying CBD cream for arthritis pain, it’s advised to first talk to your primary care doctor or rheumatologist before starting.