Good sex is more than just fun, in fact, there are a lot of benefits of sex! From improved mental health to whole body wellness, a robust sex life is one of the healthiest ways to improve many areas of your life.
What are the benefits of sex?
To get the best answer to how sex can benefit your body and your mental health, we talked to the expert sexologists at Lust Cinema. Lust Cinema houses the best adult content from across the globe, with an extensive catalog of ethical porn films made by some of the very best creatives in the industry. Created by award-winning adult filmmaker Erika Lust, Lust Cinema is the best place to go for not only orgasms, but to earn about the benefits of masturbation, dispel the myths about masturbation, and provide the best sex tips for couples thanks to the carefully curated adult movies.
Sex comes in many forms, from sex with yourself (masturbation) to sex with your partner (or partners). The benefits of sex include masturbation. In fact, masturbation is one of the healthiest activities you can participate in, despite the myths about masturbation that you may have heard growing up. In fact, the side effects of masturbation are the same exact benefits of sex!
Let’s dive into what the benefits of sex are with Lust Cinema’s 5 surprising health benefits of sex:
- Improved self-esteem: Mental health is so important, which is why a healthy sex life is equally so! Sex connects the mind and the body in an incredibly positive way, leaving you with lasting endorphins that’ll have you feeling the love long after the act itself is finished. Whether you’re pleasuring solo or with a partner, doing so will help you feel more connected to yourself in a positive way.
- Lowered blood pressure: Stressed out? Jerk off! Seriously. Masturbation and sex are a proven way to lower your blood pressure and reduce feelings of stress and anxiety. By regulating your breathing and tuning you back into yourself, pleasure helps eradicate high blood pressure. This is why Lust Cinema is such an advocate of masturbating at work!
- Better heart health: By lowering blood pressure, the benefits of sex include better heart health, with the possibility of lowering your risk of silent killers like heart disease. Not only is sex good for your heart metaphorically, but literally as well!
- Natural pain relief: This is one of the more surprising benefits of sex, but also one of the most impressive. Sex – whether it be masturbation or mutual – can offer immediate, natural pain relief. The endorphins released work overtime to make your entire body feel good!
- Decreased depression: The neurochemicals released from skin-to-skin contact include oxytocin and other mood-boosting hormones that help to reduce depression, anxiety, and even help you sleep better! In fact, skin-to-skin contact is so important that you don’t even have to have an orgasm to reap the benefits. Simply touching yourself in a loving way, or experiencing the loving touch of another, will let you enjoy the benefits of sex all the same.
What are the benefits of masturbation? They’re the exact same as the benefits of sex!
No matter your preferred method of pleasure, Lust Cinema is here to help you lead a healthier, happier life through the benefits of sex. Lust Cinema hosts the best realistic porn, made from people just like you all around the world. Putting an emphasis on the benefits of sex, the benefits of masturbation, and accessible pleasure for all, Lust Cinema has earned the respect and admiration of an incredible amount of those in the adult industry which has led the website to proudly boast one of the most extensive catalogs of realistic, body-positive porn videos we’ve ever seen. Lust Cinema is ethical porn that you can feel good about, while feeling good in your own body and mind.
You deserve to feel good. Visit Lust Cinema today and let the benefits of sex improve your life for the better, from the inside out.
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.