Traditional can openers are well-known to everyone. These openers separate the lid by penetrating the can from the top. The result is sharp and irregular edges on top of the can. Other mechanical can openers available in the market more or less work on the same principle. Both are not safe and handy to use. This unsafe and tedious practice is now made safe and easy with electric can openers.
Electric can openers can do this work safely and smoothly. Unlike traditional tools, an electric can opener runs along the side of the rim bringing about the smooth splitting-up of the can into two pieces with level and even edges.
Due to the increase in the use of canned food items, an electric can opener is a must-have in the kitchen. Electric can openers are thin and classy. This product is a sophisticated cousin of its ordinary manual counterpart. It simplifies work which is considered boring for a few. Whereas, it is extremely convenient for people who have issues utilizing their hands or seniors with joint inflammation like arthritis. This is significant since not all jars have a pop-top!
There are different varieties of well-known electric can openers available in the market and readers can choose the right one for them, depending upon speed, well-being, and solidness. Frequently, users will have the option to open canned jars with a single button push. However, it would not be easy to choose the right product when so many vairants are available? Therefore, a list of the best five electric can openers have been compiled to make the choice easier. These are given below –
- Hamilton Beach Classic Chrome Heavyweight Electric Automatic Can Opener
- Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Electric Automatic Can Opener
- Cuisinart CCO- 50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener
- Handy Can Opener: Automatic One Touch Electric Can Opener
- Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener
1. Hamilton Beach Classic Chrome Heavyweight Electric Automatic Can Opener with SureCut Patented Technology, Knife Sharpener, Cod Storage (76380Z)
Hamilton Beach Classic Chrome Heavyweight Electric Automatic Can Opener is a revolutionary product. It is a best-selling product in terms of its durability and performance. Its SureCut-patented technology ensures that the can opens in a single go. The precise cut leaves edges of the can smooth.
The user can effectively open cans with just one hand as it is designed with an easy-touch opening lever. It also comes with a knife sharpening feature.
It is very well designed, looks great, and works like a charm. This can opener cuts the cans under the top lid seal so that nothing comes in contact with the food that is inside the can. This keeps things cleaner, more hygienic and also eliminates the possibility of getting metal shavings in the food. It also doesn’t leave risky sharp edges – the opened cans are even and smooth to the touch. Also, the cut-out lid doesn’t end-up in the food.
It has an easy push-down lever that quickly removes both pop-top and regular lids. With its extra-tall design, all standard-size cans can easily be opened. The can opener’s motor is permanently lubricated and will require no oiling. This appliance is not suitable for opening extra-large cans. The product comes with a smooth black and chrome design. The design of the Hamilton Beach Classic Chrome Heavyweight Electric Automatic Can Opener is stylish and well suited to the décor of any modern kitchen.
- Cord storage.
- Knife sharpener.
- Automatic shutoff.
- Heavyweight, extra-tall for a variety of can sizes.
- Removable, easy washable cutting unit.
- SureCut™ licensed innovation opens jars the first time, without fail.
- Dimensions (inches): 10.24 H x 5.12 W x 6.9 D
- Weight: 3.4 pounds
- Sleek and chrome design.
- Ease of operation.
- Fully automatic
- Leaves edge smooth, touchable, and clean.
- Extra-tall attractive design.
- SureCut-patented technology.
- Additional knife-sharpening and cod storage feature.
- Commendable cut precision.
- It has an automatic shut-off feature.
- The device sometimes tips when working with the large cans.
2. Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Electric Automatic Can Opener With Easy Push-Down Lever, Use With All Standard-Size And Pop-Top Lids, Stainless Steel Kitchen Scissors, Black And Chrome (76607)
This is a durable product with a whole cutting unit made-up of metal. It guarantees hassle-free opening of cans that leaves no sharp edges. Specifically designed to cut cans from the side for smooth lids without any jagged edges.
The best feature of this product is the easy-to-touch opening lever that requires no force at all. It can open jars of any size – both pop tops, and other cans.
Using this electric can opener, users just have to lift the handle, place the can under it, and then simply lower the handle. It grabs the can easily. The can locks in tightly, so there is no worrying of it dropping off once the can opener ends its rotation.
This product leaves the can lid’s edges completely smooth – also the rim is inside the can.
It comes with a black chrome exterior with an eye-catching sleek body, which looks smooth and appealing on the counter. The product comes along with handy scissors and a cabinet for it at the back for opening bags and boxes. Due to this, some users complain of it not having a nice curvy back design. The cord is 26 inches long and can be stored inside the unit itself.
This product doesn’t come with an automatic shut mechanism. Therefore one needs to keep an eye on the operation. Users have pointed out the falling of some metal shreds when instructions are not properly followed. Altogether, the Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Electric Automatic Can Opener has that element, and it’s an incredible item for what it’s worth.
- Easy to push an operating lever.
- Chrome Black and sleek design.
- Stainless steel handy scissors with a cabinet to store behind.
- 26 inches long wire cable.
- The design of this product is sleek and stylish.
- Easy to push lever requires simple touch.
- Side cutting technology leaves edges smooth.
- Handy scissors with cabinet is an additional benefit.
- Metal shards could fall in food if can turns more than once, so this is something one has to be careful for if someone plans to buy this product.
- No automatic Shutoff
- Unsuitable for large Size cans
3. Cuisinart CCO- 50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener
Amongst one of the stylish yet powerful can openers available at present, this flawless product from Cuisinart with precision power cut blade cuts with exactness. It comes with a magnetic lid holder that holds on to the lid during the whole process.
A single touch and simple press and release lever make the process very handy. It highlights an extra-wide hefty base that prevent cans from sliding or tipping while being used. For additional security, it has elastic feet to prevent slipping. The cutting unit and attractive top holder are removable for simple cleaning. This one is amazingly easy to operate. The user has to place the can under the lever and their can opens. The price is very reasonable too.
The Cuisinart CCO- 50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener is tall with a strikingly narrow body. It is BPA-free and comes with a limited 3 years warranty. However, this can opener body has a plastic body which makes it less durable. Some users complained of sharp edges left behind. Still, this product gives a neck-to-neck fight to other products in this segment.
Components and specifications
- Power Cut blade with a high level of accuracy.
- Simple Press-and-release lever for opening a variety of cans.
- Extra-wide base for more stability.
- Automatic shut-off.
- Magnetic lid holder and easily washable cutter unit.
- The product is attractive and tall.
- Single press, simple use operating lever.
- Power cutter blades and large sturdy base.
- It comes with rubber feet, slip-proof.
- Easy to use the product.
- Easy to clean: blades are removable.
- Once the magnetic lid is removed, the caned tin may drop.
- Plastic Body is less durable in long run.
- Produces sharp edges.
4. Handy Can Opener: Automatic One Touch Electric Can Opener
For those who do not prefer to spend a great deal of cash on an electric can opener, yet need something that will take care of business well, this one is a decent alternative.
What’s extraordinary about this product is its compact and minimized design, so it will not occupy an excess of space in the kitchen. One can turn it on and stop it with a single push of a button, and it’ll securely cut underneath the cover so there is no need to deal with sharp edges. As per the description, the can opener conveniently “walks” around the can until the job is done. This product is inexpensive but does not compromise on quality. The perfect cutting blade cuts the lid perfectly straight and softly. This means that users can stroke the cut edge without getting hurt. It quickly opens the can and once it’s done, it stops and picks it up. The lid of the can holds onto its place firmly with a magnet. Most importantly, the cut-out lid of the can never go in the food, leaving food to be clean. This process is easy and requires no effort.
Even though it’s small, it can open jars of all sizes because no lifting or holding is required as in other electric can openers. With this can opener, one can also use the cut lid to cover the open can back to save unused portions. It works on rechargeable 2AA batteries.
When compared to other electric openers it lags on fully automatic operations. Not durable in terms of the long run. It is a good product that is reasonably priced.
- Fast mode of operation.
- Hand-held device.
- Automatic shut- off
- Safely Cuts From The Side Of The Can, Leaving No Sharp Edges
- Powered By 2 AA Batteries
- Easy to use an electric can opener.
- The design is compact.
- It cuts under the can lid.
- Suitable for large sizes.
- Works on rechargeable batteries.
- Some suggest it stopped working real soon than normal.
- Lags behind in fully automatic operations.
5. Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener: Open Cans lids with a Push of Buttons- No Sharp Edges, Food-Safety And Battery-Operated Handheld Can Opener
Considered as the best among hands-free can openers, Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener opens a variety of cans with just a single push of a button. Controlled by AA batteries and a 12,000 RPM engine, this device can lock onto a can of any size. The user can then remove their hands, push the button twice to turn it on, and watch it work. The super-sharp edge cuts through metal rapidly. When it slices through 360 degrees, it has to be pressed again to stop. Its top-quality justifies its pricing.
The blade cut along the sides of the can without coming in contact with food and leaves no sharp edges. Compact design and ease of operation gives this product an edge over other products. It is very useful for people with less grip and painful joints.
All these powerful features make this product a purchase well worth the money.
- Works on 4 AA batteries.
- Easy to use and powerful cutter.
- Hand-held compact design.
- Simple activity-Two taps to open any jars with this electric can opener. One has to press a button to turn it on. It cuts jars 360 along the top. Press again to stop – EASY!
- Dimensions: 2.17 x 7.09 x 2.76 Inches
- Weight: 0.53 Pounds
- This product cuts at the edge of the top without contacting the food inside, so one doesn’t need to stress over risky barbed edges or cross-defilement.
- Since it’s cordless, it’s movable, so it can be completely set up to carry canned products to the next excursion.
- Incredible assistance for individuals with challenges holding, closest companion for older experiencing joint inflammation issue to clean, just utilize a moist towel.
- Its design is modern and classy.
- Some people find it a little bit loud while working.
- Durability issue in long run.
Factors to consider while buying a can opener.
Cutter Quality: Since the principal work of an electric can opener is to slice through jars, the main point to consider is the material of its blade.
Stainless steel cutters are rust-free and durable in the long run. Rust-free cutters also minimize the risk of contamination with food.
Operation: Search for can openers with a side slicing operation to guarantee that there are no sharp edges. This is because side-cutting electric can openers ensure an even surface after the removal of the lid. There are various can openers available online – choose on that has a simple mode of operation which suits the need of all.
Usage type – Electric can openers comes in different varieties – some are plug-in use and others work on removable batteries. Users ought to decide if they need a handheld, versatile electric or fixed can opener.
Comfort – Safety and comfort should be one of the key considerations. This implies that users should buy from reputed brands only. Users need to ensure that their electric can opener is solid and durable enough not to slip or tumble off.
Other – Some things for consideration when buying an electric can opener are value, the kind of jars that can be opened, and whether the need is for a top-cutting electric can opener or side cutting one. Lookout for openers that are senior-citizen friendly, especially for people with arthritis.
Electric can Openers VS Traditional can openers
Manual can openers are incredible. They’re good for outdoor trips, power-cuts, and as a support for an electric model. However, for any family with a modern kitchen, an electric can opener is an advantageous, simple to-utilize device.
It can be chaotic to open canned products like pureed tomatoes and other foods with a manual opener, and everyone has battled with stubborn lids that will not securely disengage. Electric can openers, for the most part, have a solid magnet to hold the can in place and effectively eliminate the cover after opening.
The simple press of a button decreases strength prerequisites or the danger of injury for the extremely old, or those with restricted movements. In a lively kitchen, the user can just push a button and leave, opening the can effortlessly. The most amazing aspect is that the parts in an electric can opener are shielded from rust-causing dampness or food substances, which implies that the can opener stays cleaner. Some of the other aspects to compare between electric and manual can openers are:
Mode of Operation: Traditional can openers work by punching the cover with the edge and rotating a wrench handle, which pivots the can against the sharp edge and cuts the top free. This ease of access operation can deal with numerous other can sizes. There are different kinds of can openers, depending upon the size of cans. These range from standard to heavy-duty can openers.
Whereas, an electric can opener works by simply placing the can under the cutter assembly and pressing a button. It does all work from cutting to rotating the can and eliminating the top. These appliances are intended to oblige to the various range of can sizes.
User Friendly: A basic can opener is not a safe device the kitchen for the elderly, particularly in the event where one battle joint inflammation. One needs to utilize a lot of power to slice through metal and grasp the opener, and most conventional can openers have metal handles that are a long way from being agreeable. Whereas, electric can openers are simple to use. The best can openers for seniors are lightweight and simple to utilize. These appliances have an ergonomic design or even a one-button system.
Ease of Use: All electric can openers are extremely simple to work. Electric models simply require placing the can under the electric opener, pushing a button for simply opening a can. The drawback to electric openers is that they are massive and take up more prized kitchen cabinets or counter-space than a standard handheld model. Whereas, manual models, even the least demanding ones, consistently need a user to rotate the handle and grasp the opener. This can get intensely painful.
Safety: Opening jars with conventional can openers be a danger on account of the sharp edges left behind on the top of the can. If the cut lid, drops inside the can and the user needs to get it out utilizing typical cooking wares, there is a possibility of a cut. Additionally, when slicing through the metal, some can openers leave pointed and uneven metal edges. These pieces can be sharp, any attempt to get rid of the lid can result in hurting the hand.
Whereas, electric can openers having side cutting technology to cut open the can safely. It doesn’t leave any sharp edges. The magnetic lid holder attaches to lid to prevent it from falling into food. The whole process is fully simplified and automatic. This is a total win-win situation for users. The best can openers cut the cover off outwardly, leaving no sharp edges on the outer edge of the can.
Design: Most of the conventional can openers are mechanical to use and don’t fit into the décor of the kitchen. It looks more like a tool.
Whereas, on the other hand, electric can openers come in a variety of attractive designs and colors. It very well goes with the décor of the kitchen.
In terms of modern design, safety, durability, and ease of use, all the products chosen above are the best. They have been chosen after duly considering durability, design, ease of use for the young and old alike and their safety.
DISCLAIMER – This Article is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com