CBD products have taken the US market by storm as many wellness companies now focus on healthier alternatives to traditional medicine. The hype is also in part due to scientists finding ways to separate cannabis’ components so that consumers can benefit from the plant without experiencing the traditional high associated with THC.
Research has popularized cannabis companies because the plant’s extracts can be turned into many edible products such as tinctures, gummies, lotions, and vapes, depending on your preferred method of consuming CBD.
Many companies have tapped into this growing niche, and consumers find it hard to pick the cbd oil from the market. This is where we come in. Are you looking for the CBD oils for pain? We have come up with a list of five best CBD oils from different companies, each with its own strength for you to choose from quickly. Read on to find out more.
2022’s Top 5 Best CBD Oils for Pain Relief & Anxiety:
- Exhale Wellness: Overall Best CBD Oil On The Market, Top Rated
- Budpop: Best CBD Oil For Pain
- Cheef Botanicals: 100% Natural CBD Tinctures for Chronic Pain
- Hollyweed CBD: Pure CBD Oil Tincture with Anti Inflammatory Properties
- FAB CBD: High Quality CBD Oils Online
#1. Exhale Wellness: Overall Best CBD Oil On The Market, Top Rated
Exhale Wellness consists of a team of like-minded individuals who have devoted their time and resources to research the health benefits of delta-8, its therapeutic qualities, and the best way to include it in alternative medicine. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, and is quite reputable in the CBD market.
By leveraging their products, Exhale Wellness aims to help you restore your body’s performance, stability, and comfort, as well as create awareness worldwide of the benefits of hemp extracts. The founders believe in using high-quality raw materials to provide the best products, which is why they sourced hemp from farms in Colorado. Hemp growth in the US is highly regulated, and these farms produce organic, non-GMO crops. Their full-spectrum CBD oil is one of the best alternative solutions on the market for pain relief.
Customers seem to enjoy how relaxed they feel after taking CBD oil, while some enjoy the pain-relieving capabilities of the oil. Exhale Wellness customers use these products for different uses, including reducing anxiety and brain fog. They also praise the customer support team for promptly answering their questions.
- Best CBD Oil: Exhale Wellness’ CBD oil is packaged in an opaque glass dropper bottle to protect it from the effects of sunlight. The glass bottles also make it easy to administer CBD oil. Their full-spectrum CBD is easy to administer as you can either include it in food, drinks or roast it. The fastest way to absorb it is by placing it under your tongue. You can either purchase the 600mg or 1200mg version. Exhale Wellness’ oil contains no additives or preservatives, and the manufacturers extract it safely using CO2 extraction.
- Brand Reputation: Exhale Wellness is quite reputable as a CBD company because of its contribution to CBD research. The company’s list of products includes a wide range of CBD and delta-8 products, drawing the attention of notable online magazines, including Ministry of Hemp, LA Times, Forbes, Observer, and LA Weekly.
- Uses Hemp Seed Oil as Carrier Oil: Companies can choose to use edible oils such as avocado and coconut, but Exhale Wellness uses hemp seed oil to carry the CBD oil. Hemp seed is a superfood with numerous benefits to your body.
- Customer Support: Exhale Wellness offers all around customer support. First are the company’s numerous discounts and the 30-day money-back guarantee. You can contact their helpful technical support team through email or phone number.
- High-quality organic, non-GMO products
- Choose between 600 mg and 1200 mg packages
- Uses hemp seed oil
- Third-party tested products
- No preservatives
- Excellent customer service
- CO2 extraction
- Not available in several states, e.g., Arkansas, Colorado, and Alaska
- Products only available online
#2. BudPop: Best CBD Oil For Pain
BudPop is relatively new on the market as it was established in 2021. Despite being new, the company’s founders have 30 years of hemp research between them which alone is reason enough to bump it to our top five list. The founders look at hemp production holistically, and they do this by following the entire production process from farm to factory.
BudPop’s cannabis is organically grown from Nevada, and the farms they use follow stringent practices to ensure that their product is non-GMO and pesticide-free. Although the company is known mainly for its delta-8 products, it’s also gaining popularity in CBD oil production. BudPop sells two CBD oil products: peppermint CBD tincture and natural CBD tincture. We recommend continuing to watch the company for more products as time progresses.
The expedited shipping and safe delivery is an all-time favorite for the customers. Customers also enjoy the CBD oil’s fast absorption and fast-acting properties, especially for pain relief. The excellent customer service is also one of BudPop’s strong selling points.
- Deals and Discounts: BudPop works to deliver your purchases as soon as possible by processing them within two days except for weekends and holidays. You will get free shipping for purchases of more than $50 and a 20% discount for all new customers. BudPop customer support team provides a tracking number that allows you to track your products’ shipment.
- Certificate of Authenticity (COA): All BudPop products are tested by third-party labs, and you can find comprehensive results on BudPop’s website. This shows how transparent BudPop is, as consumers know exactly what they’re consuming.
- Thirty Years of Research: The company’s founders have spent years researching the effects of hemp-derived CBD products and the best way to utilize their benefits. This research translates to the product range BudPop produces, like the CBD gummies, flowers, CBD oil tinctures, and delta-8 products.
- Safe Production: BudPop focuses on safe production starting from the hemp plant they produce, which is natural and organic. Their products are also vegan-friendly. The company uses CO2 extraction to extract CBD oil from hemp; this is one of the safest extraction processes, because it doesn’t use harmful solvents which may leave traces on the final product.
- 3rd party tested products
- Focus on safe production methods
- Fast USA shipping
- 20% discount for first-time purchases
- Natural organic products, non-GMO, dairy-free
- Uses coconut oil as the carrier
- Only 2 CBD oil packages are available
- You can only purchase them online
#3. Cheef Botanicals: 100% Natural CBD Tinctures for Chronic Pain
Cheef Botanicals is also located in California and consists of a team of hemp enthusiasts with a combined 25-year experience in organic food production. The company’s main mission is to leverage the healing power of natural and effective cannabinoids found in hemp to provide consumers with overall health and well-being.
Cheef Botanicals sources its hemp from Colorado, a climate-wise and legally conducive environment for hemp production. The company uses CO2 extraction to produce its CBD oil to ensure purity and safe consumption. Cheef Botanicals ensures that their full-spectrum CBD oil contains less than the federally acceptable 0.3% THC, which is where the psychoactive effects of hemp come from. Less than 0.3% THC ensures that you won’t get adverse effects such as paranoia and panic attacks after consuming CBD products.
Customers are well represented at Cheef Botanicals, especially with the numerous discounts they enjoy. Customer reviews praise the fast delivery of their purchases and how relaxing the CBD oil tinctures are. They also enjoy the excellent product variety from Cheef Botanicals.
- Use Hemp Seed Oil: Cheef Botanicals uses hemp seed oil as its carrier oil. Compared to edible carrier oils such as coconut, avocado, sunflower oils, and MC, hemp seed oil is healthier because it contains Omega-3 and Omega-6, essential in overall wellness. Hemp seed oil is an excellent choice for CBD oil consumers to vape.
- Variety of Packages: The company’s CBD oil comes in three packages, including 300mg, 600mg, 1220mg, and 3000mg, depending on your purse strings. You can also buy multiple packages and get lucrative discounts.
- High-Quality Products: All products are third-party tested, non-GMO, organic, and vegan. The company sources its hemp from well-tested farms in Colorado, and the packages don’t contain additives or preservatives.
- Customer Offers: Cheef Botanicals offers its customers numerous discounts; first, each new customer gets 25% off the products they buy, and other customers get in-product discounts. For instance, you get a 15% discount when purchasing a bundled package. The company also has a wonderful rewards program and has an A+ rating on Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- 100% natural products with no preservatives
- Lab-tested products
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Uses hemp seed oil
- Available in three different packages
- Available in all 50 US states
- Animal cruelty-free products
- Less CBD oil varieties
- Simple packaging
- No added flavors leave the strong hemp flavor
#4. Hollyweed CBD:Pure CBD Oil Tincture with Anti Inflammatory Properties
Hollyweed CBD has been around since the legalization of cannabis in 2017 and is located in Los Angeles, California. The founding team is well-versed with the medical cannabinoid market, and one of the founding members, Zach “JesusHands” Fernandez, is responsible for turning the “Hollywood” sign in California into “Hollyweed.”
The company focuses on six pillars, spiritual, emotional, environmental, social, physical, and intellectual, to ensure the overall well-being of its customers. Their primary focus is offering its customers high-quality products and transparency.
Hollyweed CBD also uses CO2 extraction to derive CBD oil from the plant safely. The company is well-known for its CBD oils and delta-8 products. For pain relief, Hollyweed CBD offers its fast-absorbing and fast-acting CBD oil as a dietary supplement, and you can use it in various ways. The oil is packaged in durable glass dropper bottles for easy administration.
For safety reasons, Hollyweed CBD recommends that you store your CBD oils somewhere dark, away from heat, light, and humidity, to preserve their potency and freshness.
According to Hollyweed CBD’s customers, the company consists of a supportive customer service team who are prompt to help and dispatch purchases. Customers enjoy the fast delivery of their products and the effective CBD oil for pain relief.
- Less than 0.3% THC: Hollyweed CBD’s oil contains less than 0.3% of THC, which is within the federal set limit to protect you from experiencing THC’s psychoactive effects. This way, you get to relax and focus without the negative after-effects. Although these products are recognized as safe by the federal government, some states still consider cannabis as an illegal substance.
- Excellent Customer Deals: You get crazy deals right off the bat. You will get 25% off all your purchases if you’re a first-time customer. The customer service team is prompt and will process your order within 24 hours and ship them within a day or two. If you don’t like the oil delivered to you, the company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all non-perishable products.
- Package Variety with Different Packages: Packages come with different potencies; you can choose between 300mg, 600mg, 900mg, and the 1200mg CBD oil package depending on your budget and need.
- Pain Relief: CBD oil is well-known for its calming effect, and it’s also known to calm aches from diseases such as arthritis because it relaxes your nerves. These products react differently, so before applying them to a problem area, use a small site to test the effect.
- Fast processing and product dispatch
- Customer deals and promotions
- Experienced founding team
- Federally acceptable product
- Excellent customer service
- Simplistic packaging
- Online purchases only
#5. FAB CBD: High Quality CBD Oil Online
FAB CBD is based in Tampa and was founded in 2017 by Josh Delaney. The company’s main aim lies in excellent customer support and offering exceptional products that contribute towards consumers’ preventative wellness lifestyles. FAB CBD sources its hemp from Colorado, and this hemp plant isn’t exposed to herbicides, pesticides, or chemical fertilizers.
FAB CBD provides different natural flavors to cater to consumers’ tastes; you can choose between citrus, vanilla, mint, berry, and natural flavors for CBD oil. The oil comes in four different strengths 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg and 2400mg. This oil is packaged in a dark 30ml bottle to keep it fresh and preserve the natural flavors.
Aside from the business side of things, FAB CBD is also significant on charity projects, and your purchase will help fulfill the different charity plans they have in store.
According to customer review samples, customers enjoy the calming effects of FAB CBD’s CBD oil. It’s an excellent pain reliever, especially calming constant headaches and anxiety. The company’s customers also like that some of their proceeds go to charity.
- 3rd Party Lab Tested: FAB CBD’s products undergo tests at Pro Verde Labs, ISO 17025 accredited labs. The company displays these comprehensive lab results on its website. FAB CBD products are also natural, with different flavors for you to enjoy.
- Diversified Products: FAB CBD oil is quite diversified in terms of potency. You can choose between the four strengths depending on how experienced you are with CBD products.
- Safe CBD Extraction: As is the norm for most reputable CBD producers, FAB CBD also takes its hemp through CO2 extraction because the process leaves the extracts pure and free from impurities.
- Well-Planned Website: The web developers had the customer in mind when planning its online store. The products are well arranged and prepared, and all products have helpful information for its consumers to ensure that they understand their purchases and how to use them.
- Choice of 5 flavors
- Four strength varieties to choose from
- Charitable organization
- Organic hemp, free from chemical fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides
- 3rd party lab-tested products
- Excellent shipping and return policy
- Products only available online
- Some flavors may have a slight aftertaste
How We Made the List of the Best CBD Oil Tincture
We had many CBD oil products to look through, so we had to formulate a list of criteria to select only the best oils. The criteria we came up with are as follows.
- Certificate of Analysis
We looked at whether the company’s products are third-party tested and if the test certificates are available to the public. It’s easy to find an external lab to test products, but did the company choose an ISO 17025-compliant lab? We also checked into the lab’s reputation for any mention of fraudulent activities. Third-party labs offer Certificates of Analysis (COAs); we also look into the contents of the certificates and confirm that these products contain less than 0.3% THC. These tests also indicate whether the products contain traces of heavy metals, mold, pesticides, or herbicides.
- Manufacturing Process
The manufacturing process tells a lot about the organization and the final product. We started researching where these companies source their hemp because high-quality raw materials contribute to high-quality final products. We went for companies who chose US-grown hemp because of the stringent regulations around the growth.
The hemp has to be organic and not genetically modified. The manufacturing process translated to CBD extraction; there are many methods CBD oil manufacturers use to extract the oil, some of which are unsafe. We went for companies that chose safer extraction and filtering processes to produce your oils. Do they add preservatives or artificial flavoring to the oils? What carrier oils do they use? We prefer products manufactured with all-natural ingredients.
We looked at a company’s credibility regarding whether they have received an FDA warning letter or whether they have more bad user reviews than good. A CBD company receiving an FDA warning letter means it is trying to skirt around regulations and is therefore not trustworthy. Some companies also use unsupported health claims to market their products as super drugs that can cure everything, so we eliminated these. We also studied the CBD oil package levels to confirm that these companies are selling the marketed CBD oil strength.
A product’s potency should drive its cost. Some of these products contain higher levels of CBD, which isn’t a good choice for beginners, so we have provided these details so that you can make informed purchasing decisions.
Buying Guide: Things to Consider Before You Purchase CBD Oil
Even though CBD oil is classified as a dietary supplement in the US, there are things to consider before picking the best CBD oil for pain relief. These include:
CBD oil serves different purposes, and what you need it for will determine the best choice for you. You may be looking for relaxation or pain relief, or using the oil for recreational purposes when hanging out with friends. If you’re using CBD oil for pain relief, you may require an effective, fast-acting way of delivering CBD oil into your system. In this case, CBD oil droppers may be the perfect way to administer the product sublingually.
Taking these supplements will have different effects, so consult your physician about the best method to use.
Your budget will determine the amount of CBD oil you’ll get and its potency. There are brands for every customer type, and these kinds of articles provide products for all budget concerns. Mid-range companies will provide excellent quality products at a reasonable budget. Always look at a product’s packaging before committing to a purchase; look for value for your money.
- Brand Reputation
It’s also important to look at a brand’s reputation, and the easiest way to do this is to check a company’s user reviews. You may be tempted to check out customer reviews from a product’s website, but these may not always be trustworthy. Check out third-party review sites for the true product/ company rating. Also, check the company’s rating on sites such as Better Business Bureau (BBB). Next, check whether the company is featured in popular magazines or websites and what they say about its products. This will help you know the effects of the products you’re about to purchase.
- Source of CBD Oil
The source of the hemp also matters because that’s the raw product. If a company uses herbicides on their hemp, then that’s what you’ll be consuming. Consider companies that source their hemp from US farms because of the stringent regulations they have to go through before they’re approved. Ensure that the hemp used to extract the CBD oil is natural and non-GMO. If you’re vegan, look for vegan-friendly products, and the same goes for people with gluten allergies.
CBD oil can either be extracted from hemp or marijuana; hemp is the only legalized version as marijuana extracts are illegal substances in most US states. Ensure that your CBD products have less than 0.3% THC levels to prevent adverse side effects.
- Manufacturing Process
Different CBD oil manufacturing processes use chemical solvents to extract the oil. Most companies use CO2 extraction, which is safer because it doesn’t use solvents and doesn’t leave impurities in the oil.
- Third-Party Lab Testing
CBD companies take their products to 3rd party labs for testing for transparency purposes. These tests show the ingredients and possible impurities in the products you consume. Look for companies that have sourced these tests and provided comprehensive test results.
CBD Oil: FAQs
Q1. What is CBD oil?
CBD stands for cannabidiol, one of two chemicals extracted from Cannabis Indica and Cannabis Sativa. The second chemical is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Between the two chemicals, THC is responsible for the plant’s psychoactive effects, while CBD is responsible for the relaxing and soothing feeling. People believe that CBD oil can help with several disorders such as seizures, anxiety, and pain, among others. The chemical is also suitable for appetite, mood, and memory booster. There are several ways of using CBD products, including vape pens, edibles, flowers, capsules, tinctures, and topical salves.
Q2. Is CBD oil legal?
The question of CBD oil’s legality is a grey area, and the level of legitimacy depends heavily on the state you reside in and the source of the oil. The FDA accepts CBD oil from hemp as long as it contains 0.3% THC, according to the 2018 Farm Bill. Marijuana is cannabis containing more than 0.3% THC and is illegal in some states.
US states have different provisions for CBD oil consumption; Washington’s state law, for instance, allows CBD oil recreational use for its residents, while states such as South Dakota only allow FDA-approved CBD products. Although hemp is somewhat legal, the FDA hasn’t approved non-prescription CBD products.
Q3. How do I take CBD?
You can take CBD oil in many ways, including ingesting it orally through capsules and pills. Tinctures are one of the easiest ways to take CBD oil. These glass containers come with droppers, and what you need is to place a drop of oil under your tongue, and the rich network of capillaries will work its magic. You can also add drops of oil to smoothies, protein shakes, and food. CBD gummies are also an excellent way of ingesting CBD. These days, manufacturers add CBD oil to topical products such as lotions, balms, and salves. According to their information, these work on a target area to relieve pain or fix skin problems such as acne.
Q4. What happens during the entourage effect?
Full and broad-spectrum CBD oil contains other cannabinoids besides THC and CBD; these include CBN, CBC, and CBG. These chemicals, when ingested, work together in some form of synergy so that you can experience that good feeling you experience after consuming CBD oil.
Q5. Can you get high from CBD oil?
CBD comes from hemp and marijuana, and this chemical doesn’t get you high despite its psychoactive nature. CBD’s primary role is to get you into a relaxed and calm state. THC is yet another cannabis extract, which gets you into a heightened state of euphoria. Before buying a CBD product, check the labeling for ingredients. Sometimes these two chemicals come hand in hand. The THC content shouldn’t exceed 0.3%.
Q6. Is there a difference between full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolated CBD oil?
If you’ve been shopping around for CBD oil, then you may have noticed the phrases full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate CBD oil. But what do these mean? The difference between all these lies in each form of CBD oil compound.
Full-spectrum CBD, for instance, consists of all naturally occurring cannabis extracts inclusive of essential oils, cannabinol, terpenes, flavonoids, and other cannabinoids. These products can also include the legally allowed THC content. Full-spectrum CBD is usually dark in color.
Broad-spectrum CBD contains every chemical available in the full-spectrum version except for THC. The best way to make broad-spectrum CBD is to add flavonoids, terpenes, and other extracts to CBD isolate, and it’s also possible to make it by removing THC from full-spectrum CBD.
Isolate consists only of CBD and comes in a crystalline powder. The isolate consists of CBD with no other cannabinoids and is suitable mainly for amateur CBD users. In theory, CBD isolates don’t contain any THC and shouldn’t trigger drug tests. You should, however, be careful when purchasing CBD crystals because some manufacturers will mislabel their products.
Q7. Will CBD oil reflect in a drug test?
If you use CBD, some drug tests will come back positive, if they are not sophisticated enough to tell between THC and CBD. If you’re using full-spectrum CBD oil, there’s a high chance of a positive test, but isolates aren’t meant to contain THC.
Otherwise, there are a few other ways you may fail a drug test; first, if you use CBD oil that contains THC, and second if the manufacturer mislabeled your product with lower THC levels than it contains. While the federally acceptable THC level in CBD products is 0.3%, some can be as high as 5%.
The best way to ensure your drug test turns out negative is to check the labeling of the product you’re purchasing, user reviews, and information on the manufacturing process.
Final Thoughts: Top 5 CBD Oil Brands
CBD oil is the best and easiest way to gain the benefits of cannabis without adverse effects. All brands offer different strengths and assortments of products. All in all, we have provided you with a variety of choices, any of which will be able to suit your needs. The best CBD oils come from companies that believe in using high-quality ingredients, practice safe manufacturing processes, and provide helpful information to keep them informed. Third-party lab results will tell you a lot about what you’re consuming, creating confidence in the product you’re purchasing.
If you’re looking for natural methods of managing different kinds of pain, CBD oil can be a good choice for you. Still, we recommend consulting a physician, especially if you’re using prescription medicines. What are you waiting for? Choose between our approved best CBD oils for pain management and enjoy the benefits.