Some of the best hookup sites are well known by name, but not everyone understands how to use them to get laid.
The problem is each hookup site works best for different groups of people. Some are best for people in college, some are best for finding friends with benefits, and others are best for older men, etc.
In this post, we’ve put together a list that will do the hard work for you, and match you with a hookup site that gets YOU results.
10 Best Hookup Sites
- Best all-around hookup site – AdultFriendFinder
- An effective hookup site with a twist – AshleyMadison
- Best for meeting young women – Seeking
- Best new hookup app – Hinge
- Best 100% free no signup site – Reddit R4R
- Best BDSM hookup site – Alt.com
- Free personals and casual encounters site – Craigslist Activities
- Best hookup app for women to use – Bumble
- Best for classic hookups – Tinder
- Best hookup site for teens – OkCupid
- Best for power couples – eHarmony
- Best international sex dating site – Zoosk
1. Adult Friend Finder – Best Hookup Site Online
Adult Friend Finder placed #1 on our list because of its combination of high membership, free amateur content, and a thriving social community so big you can probably find a partner in a short period of time.
Adult Friend Finder, founded in 1996, is one of the oldest sites for casual and niche dating online. The site claims to have 90 million members across the world, and brings together a dating community, amateur sex videos/photos, and an active community of bloggers and commentators.
The site offers everything else “adult” including such as couples, swingers, open marriages, and even email-only cybersex. Search the local community for members or search for niche keywords with the paid subscription.
- Get lots of amateur content along with community-oriented chat
- Integration with other social media sites, if that doesn’t bother you
- Buy “swag” badges for members you like
- Not much in the way of romance – but a lot of nudity
- No real matching system
- $26.95/3 months
- $19.95/12 months
Read the full Adult Friend Finder Review
2. Ashley Madison – Best Hookup Site for No Strings Attached
Ashley Madison was the runner-up on our list because of its high membership, reportedly boasting over 60 million “married but looking” members in 45 countries.
Ashley Madison targets people who are unhappy in their marriage, which automatically gives it a demographic of older middle class users. The result is easy pickings for hookups and casual sex if you are a guy, you’ll have much better odds here than you do on Tinder since there is more pent up demand for sex among its members.
The local “Traveling” feature makes it easy to come across casual partners anywhere in the world, whereas the “wink” feature helps to break the ice.
- Complete anonymity from other users
- Women join for free
- One of the few online dating sites that encourage married…but looking relationships
- Not surprisingly, many profiles are incomplete or lacking clear photos
- Depending on your views could be unethical
- Elite, 1000 credits, 29 cents per credit
- Classic, 500 credits, 34 cents per credit
- Basic, 100 credits, 59 cents per credit
Read the full Ashley Madison review
3. Seeking – Best for Meeting Young Women or Wealthy Men
Seeking has a theme – sugar daddies matching with sugar babies, or in some cases sugar mommas looking for sugar cubs. If you have a bit of extra money and are willing to splurge on dinner and some shopping then this website is by far the easiest way to hook up with models and attractive college girls. Unlike other fuck sites on the list, this one has a high female to male ratio of 79% women to 21% men. Being a guy on this site is what being an attractive girl is like on Tinder, you will get dozens of messages a day from hot women.
Seeking makes it easy for everyone. It’s free for women to join, men can send messages before they pay, and paying members get plenty of attention – from multiple babies/cubs since the ratio is more female to male.
- Free memberships for women
- Women can meet verified wealthy men for hookup dates
- Since sugar daddies pay, there is considerably less competition and more matches
- Not much use to low-income or middle-class male users unless you fake it
- Since it’s a sugar daddy site, some people will want you to spend $2000+ a month on them.
- While prostitution is illegal on Seeking, there are still some “undercovers” using the site
- Free for women
- $79.95/3 months
- $249.95 Diamond elite membership
Read the full seeking.com review.
4. Hinge – Best Fling App
Hinge is “designed to be deleted,” meaning it’s supposedly so adept at finding your perfect match, you won’t be single for long. When it comes to casual dating, however, you might be able to find better success for a no strings attached affair by first searching for a compatible friend.
Hinge offers a questionnaire with fun questions as well as some heavy political/religious viewpoints to filter out bad matches. You not only match with others, but you can select what part of the profile you liked, whether a photo or an answer to a question.
- An even ratio of men to women, as well as options like bisexual dating
- Leave feedback on your dates to the Hinge team and get better results next time
- Date from home option lets you quickly do phone or video chat
- Demographics cater to 24-32 age group and long-term relationships
- $20.99/3 months
- $29.99/6 months
5. Reddit R4R – Completely Free No Sign Up Hookup Site
With over 342,000 members, Reddit R4R is one of the most active free dating sites online. It’s a Reddit community, meaning members can drop by anonymously and leave private messages, or post their own personal ad.
While the Reddit R4R doesn’t have any sub-subgroups, you can search the entire Reddit site for your local city to see if any singles are in town looking for a fling. Just beware, some subreddits that include your local city or town may be named something like “DirtyR4R” or “Random Acts of Sex.”
- Very easy and practically anonymous registration
- No need to upload any photos
- Directly message users, rather than waiting to be matched
- May be difficult to find someone local if you live in a small town or deep rural territory
6. Alt.com – BDSM Hookup Site
It can be awkward to explain your sexual kinks to a stranger – and definitely for a first-time chat! That’s why there’s an advantage to using a site like Alt.com, which lets you search for and match users who share your alternative desires. Alt offers members into swinging, bondage, fetishes, domination, submission, and everything else in-between.
Members can get matched with someone who shares their kinks. Paying members can also sneak a peek at who viewed their page, and take part in the friend network and connect with people willing to talk about their favorite taboo subject.
- BDSM community for easy search/filtering/matches
- 24/7 phone support for members
- Lots of X-rated niche content, in addition to dating nearby members
- As with most sex sites, many fake profiles
- Long questionnaires to read, yet a black difficult-to-read interface
- $11.99/3 months
- $8.95/12 months
7. Craigslist Activities/Missed Encounters – Best Personals and Casual Encounters
Craigslist still lives up to its reputation as a wild and mostly unfiltered dating site, although posts now require a cell phone number – just in case of anything too creepy. While the “Casual Encounters” page was famously shut down several years ago, you can still find dating partners on the “Missed Connections” and “Activity Partners” community sections.
Mostly men use Craigslist. No wonder then you’re more likely to find gay men, prostitutes, married people, or swinging couples than a perfect lover.
- Post ads for casual or lifetime dating without registration
- Pretty easy for a woman to find many dates
- Posts do require a traceable cell number to be approved
- Individual posts can be flagged for almost any reason
- Mostly unfiltered posts, including lots of spammers
8. Bumble – Best Hookup App for Women
Bumble is the brainy alternative to most apps for hooking up and was made with a female perspective in mind. Men can swipe profiles and match with someone they like, but it’s up to the woman to start a conversation.
Bumble also has a career friend finder and a platonic friend finder, in addition to casual or serious dating. Though it operates similarly to Tinder, it has a social community aspect that many women and intelligent men will find appealing.
- More filtering out of poor-quality messages, since women are the first to start a conversation
- Premium lets you view the people who already liked your profile
- A 60 percent success rate for matches turning into a conversation
- Not much for keyword searching or filtering matches
- A limited number of free swipes and chats
- The Premium “Plus” package starts at $8.99 per week
9. Tinder – Easiest to Use
Tinder is one of the easiest hooking up apps to use since you can log on with a Facebook account or a cellphone number and then start swiping. If you like someone’s profile, then swipe right. If they also like your profile, it’s a match! You can start chatting and arrange to meet.
Tinder is far from being one of the best hookup apps, however. You frequently see complaints from men being ignored by women, or complaints from women about socially stunted men. If you’re down for bar hopping or going to a club to meet some interesting new people, you’ll have fun.
- Easy to get started, with just a cellphone number or Facebook account
- Features like “super like” will get someone’s attention
- Not only find locals but frequently see out-of-towners visiting
- No keyword or filtering searches
- Must pay premium membership to search other cities across the country or world
- A limited number of free swipes per day
- $9.99 a month for those under 30, $19.99 a month for over 30
10. OkCupid – Top Casual Dating App for Teens
OkCupid is the millennial-friendly alternative to old school matching sites. In recent years, it has focused on diversity, inclusivity, and on modern culture to court younger demographics. It worked because most users are between the ages of 25 and 34.
While most sites now offer gay dating, OkCupid goes one step further and offers selections for 13 genders, 22 sexual orientation selections, and even your own preferred pronouns. It’s an intimate and personal way to put yourself out there and will help find a better quality match, even if it’s just for a one night stand or a friend with benefits.
- The most LGBTQ-friendly app/site
- Five-minute fun questionnaire
- Get community-minded with hashtag badges to spread your views on political issues
- The site does cater to younger demographics, even in the questionnaire
- A-List, $19.95/month
- A-List, $9.95/6 months
- A-List Premium, $34.90 per month
11. eHarmony – Best “Friends or More” Dating App
The fact that many women desire to turn their casual flings into serious relationships (and a lot of men do go along with it) is probably not lost on sites like eHarmony. Though eHarmony claims to be commitment-minded, many users log onto the site to find a friend with benefits or a one night stand – and then see what happens.
If you’re “looking for something” and yet open-minded to the idea of love someday developing with a friend, a site like eHarmony might work. Matches are made using advanced algorithms based on a questionnaire. Most people who use eHarmony get together for a long-term relationship, even though casual dating is what first attracted them.
- Advanced algorithm and questionnaire guarantees some degree of compatibility
- Paying members get the option of verified profiles
- You can request a user’s criminal background for safety
- Not a great place for people looking for sex, who are closed to the idea of something more
- No keyword or filter searching
- $39.95/3 months
- $29.95/6 months
- $19.95/12 months
12. Zoosk – Number One International Fling Finder
Zoosk supposedly has 40 million active members that are located all over the world. It’s also easy to join by using your Facebook profile. The site claims to use SmartPick and Dating Insights technology, which helps create matches for you based on your online behavior patterns.
Zoosk also allows you to filter your search, which is something many casual dating apps don’t have. Choose local matches based on ethnicity, religion, lifestyle, and other viewpoints. While Zoosk is a casual dating app, it also allows you to search for something more meaningful too.
- A high number of members scattered across 80 different countries
- Offers a middle compromise between one night stands and committed relationships
- Good searching features
- Still has complaints of spammy profiles and members that never log in again
- Not much in the way of free chats – free members can only browse
- $19.98/3 months
- $12.49/6 months
FAQs About Hookup Sites and Finding Sex Online
What are the best free casual sex sites with no credit card or registration?
While many sites offer limited chat and browsing, and other sites offer free chat with your mutual matches only, only two big-name dating sites are completely free.
First, there’s Reddit R4R, which doesn’t require any registration or credit card payment. Users can browse, respond to ads, or send private messages by clicking on a user’s name.
Second, there’s Craigslist, specifically in the subcategories of activity partners or missed connections. Both sites are free to use and mostly unfiltered, though Reddit has moderators, and Craigslist users can flag suspicious posts individually.
Which hookup dating site is best for older men?
Seeking has one of the best reputations for older-younger dating online, though they market towards successful and wealthy men looking for young and beautiful women. Male users tend to be rich, experienced, and open about their desire to be a “sugar daddy” to a younger match.
The paid subscription to Seeking also eliminates a lot of the competition for men, giving them a higher ratio of female to male members.
Which hookup site is best for younger guys?
Ashley Madison encourages a total lack of commitment since most users are already married or looking for married lovers. Married women who cheat must be discreet in order to avoid family catastrophe. They only want affairs and not a progressive relationship. Most younger men are likewise not looking for anything serious.
In theory, it’s the opposite of Seeking.com and allows younger men to chase mature women, without wealth playing a factor.
What’s the best hookup site or app for women?
Bumble was created to be the opposite of most male-centric dating apps by letting women control who they chat with, rather than being bombarded with low-quality conversations. Both men and women can swipe until they find a match. Once a woman finds a well-written profile with good photos, she starts the conversation.
What do people mean by hooking up?
The definition of hooking up is sometimes debated, especially regarding the etiquette of before and after. Most people agree it’s sex (or something close to sex) without commitment. Usually, follow-up dates are not expected, so hookups would be similar to “one night stands” or “casual affairs.”
How can I get laid using a dating app?
It’s best not to talk about your desire for sex without love, and instead, just focus on being a fun and educated person that others would enjoy dating. Remember that casual dating is not only about finding someone willing, but about meeting someone new and testing the chemistry.
Just because you’re avoiding commitment does not mean you have to forgo charm, positive energy, and witty conversation.
Are casual dating sites safe to use?
Contrary to what you might read, there are no completely safe hookups sites or dating sites for that matter. The “safest” sites are the ones like eHarmony or Seeking, which actually verify the identities of members. Some sites even allow you to do a criminal background check for peace of mind.
Only you can exercise good judgment when dating a stranger. Remember these tips:
- Only date in public places to start with – get to know the person
- Always tell a friend or family member where you’re going
- Always bring a cell phone (and a can of mace just to be safe)
- Take your own vehicle so you can leave if things get suspicious
- Bring condoms for protection – always insist!
What’s the difference between a hookup and friends with benefits?
A hookup is just about finding sexual chemistry. Usually, there is no followup date – and not necessarily any personal information shared either. The “friends with benefits” scenario is closer to real dating.
You may not be committed to each other, but you still date traditionally. You also follow up with text chats or phone calls, and you do care about each other as close friends.
Hookups tend not to be romantic or even emotional in nature. It’s just the “right place at the right time.”
Do Your Homework Before You Browse a Hookup Site
Our research suggested that Adult Friend Finder is the most likely site to find hookups because of its many members and potential for niche matching. Ashley Madison, however, came in a close second because of its discreet nature and the “married but looking” demographic, which is almost always casual and not romantic in nature.
It’s easy to sign up for the best hookup apps and find a potential match. Remember, though, the best way to test your chemistry is to focus on looking good and conveying positive energy. Ultimately, that’s what makes you attractive, and that’s what people on hookup apps will notice first!