Okay, so you’ve been stuck inside for 18 months dealing with that whole global pandemic thing. Bummer. And now you want to get out there, find some sexy people, and fulfill each other’s sexual needs.
Ain’t nothing wrong with that!
However, with many bars and clubs still using COVID restrictions, more and more singles are turning to the best hookup sites and apps to get their rocks off. After all, it’s relatively safe, you cut straight to the point, and you’re spoiled for choice.
But which hookup site is right for you?
In this post, we’ve put together a list that will do the hard work for you, and match you with a hookup site that gets YOU results.
Best Hookup Sites Reviewed
|Very kinky community,Cams and chat features,
80 million members
|Women join for free,
Emergency “Panic Button”
“Traveling Man” feature
Singles who are into MILFs and DILFs
|Designed for sugar dating,
79% female user base,
|Hinge||“Designed to be deleted”,
Leave feedback on dates,
Phone & video chat,
|Millennials 24-32 years old,
Fun flirty flings,
Casual dates & hookups
|Reddit R4R||100% free,
Many different subreddit niches,
Make an anonymous profile
Finding specific kinks/fetishes,
Those looking to save money
|Alt.com||NSFW photos allowed,
Kinks & fetishes encouraged,
Live XXX cams,
24/7 phone support,
Kinksters & fetishists,
People who just want sex
|Craigslist Activities||Personals-style ads,
The new “Craigslist Personals”
Pretty anonymous posting,
People who want to be discreet
1. Adult Friend Finder – Best Hookup Site Online
Looking for no-strings-attached sex without all the bullshit? Adult Friend Finder is your new best friend.
Adult Friend Finder placed #1 on our list because of its combination of 80 million members, free amateur pics/videos, and a thriving social community so big you can find a partner quickly.
Adult Friend Finder, founded in 1996, is one of the oldest sites for casual and niche dating online, bringing together a dating community, amateur sex videos/photos, and an active community of bloggers and commentators.
It’s a very sex-positive environment!
The site offers everything else “adult”, including couples, swingers, open marriages, and even email-only cybersex. Search the local community for members or search for niche keywords with the paid subscription – we recommend you try the AFF free trial to see if it’s a good match for you.
- Amateur NSFW content & community-oriented chat
- Can integrate with other social media sites
- Buy “swag” badges for members you like
- Not much in the way of romance – but a lot of nudity
- No real matching system
- $26.95/3 months
- $19.95/12 months
Read the full Adult Friend Finder Review
2. Ashley Madison – Best Hookup Site for No Strings Attached
If discretion is what you need, Ashley Madison is perfect for you.
Ashley Madison is the runner-up on our list because of its high membership, reportedly boasting over 60 million “married but looking” members in 45 countries.
Ashley Madison targets people who are unhappy in their marriage, which automatically gives it a demographic of mature middle-class users. Oh, and did we mention that females join for free?
The result is easy pickings for hookups and casual sex if you are a guy, you’ll have much better odds here than you do on Tinder since there is more pent-up demand for sex among its members.
There are also features to keep your identity a secret, such as face-blurring, mask filters, and an emergency “panic button” that signs you out of all devices instantly.
The local “Traveling” feature makes it easy to come across casual partners anywhere in the world, whereas the “wink” feature helps to break the ice.
- Complete anonymity from other users
- Women join for free
- Can be used for married…but looking relationships
- Face-blurring & discretion tools
- Many profiles incomplete or lacking clear photos
- A little unethical to some
- Elite, 1000 credits, 29 cents per credit
- Classic, 500 credits, 34 cents per credit
- Basic, 100 credits, 59 cents per credit
Read the full Ashley Madison review
3. Seeking – Best Casual Sex Site for Young Women or Wealthy Men
Seeking has a theme – sugar daddies matching with sugar babies, or in some cases sugar mommas looking for sugar cubs. We love to see gender diversity in the sugar dating world!
If you’re a guy with a bit of extra money and you’re willing to splurge on dinner and some shopping, then this website is by far the easiest way to hook up with models and attractive college girls.
Unlike other fuck sites on the list, this one has a high female to male ratio of 79% women to 21% men. Being a guy on this site is what being an attractive girl is like on Tinder… you will get dozens of messages a day from hot women.
Seeking makes it easy for everyone. It’s free for women to join, men can send messages before they pay, and paying members get plenty of attention – from multiple babies/cubs since the ratio is more female to male.
- Free memberships for women
- Women can meet verified wealthy men for hookup dates
- Since sugar daddies pay, there is considerably less competition
- Not good for low-income or middle-class male users
- Since it’s a sugar daddy site, some will want you to spend $2000+ a month on them.
- Prostitution is illegal on Seeking, but some “undercovers” use the site
- Free for women
- $79.95/3 months
- $249.95 Diamond elite membership
4. Hinge – Best Fling App
Hinge is “designed to be deleted,” meaning it’s supposedly adept at finding your perfect match, so you won’t be single for long. When it comes to casual dating, however, you might be able to find better success for a no-strings-attached affair by first searching for a compatible friend.
It’s best to be upfront if you’re looking for sex!
Hinge offers a questionnaire with fun questions as well as some heavy political/religious viewpoints to filter out bad matches.
The “Date From Home” option on Hinge allows you to live phone chat and live video chat with matches, which is a great way to check you’re not being catfished!
Hinge isn’t designed for hookups, but they definitely happen.
- 50-50 male-female ratio
- Bisexual dating options
- Leave feedback on your dates
- “Date from home option” allows phone or video chat
- Demographics cater to 24-32 age group
- Designed more for long-term relationships
- $20.99/3 months
- $29.99/6 months
5. Reddit R4R – No Signup Hookup Site Free & Legit
With over 415,000 members, Reddit R4R is one of the most active free dating sites online. It’s a Reddit community, meaning members can drop by anonymously and leave private messages or post their own personals ad.
While the Reddit R4R doesn’t have any sub-sub groups, you can search the entire Reddit site for your local city to see if any singles are in town looking for a fling.
It’s worth a shot, and won’t cost a penny!
Just beware, some subreddits that include your local city or town may be named something like “DirtyR4R” or “Random Acts of Sex.” You kinda have to get used to using Reddit, but it’s a brilliant site once you’ve got it down.
- Very easy & anonymous registration
- No need to upload any photos
- Directly message users (don’t need to be matched)
- May be difficult to find someone if you live in a small town
6. Alt.com – Best Hookup Site For BDSM
Into BDSM? Love getting spanked? Like role play? You’re in for a treat.
It can be awkward to explain your sexual kinks to a stranger – and definitely for a first-time chat! That’s why there’s an advantage to using a site like Alt.com, which lets you search for and match users who share your kinks and fetishes.
One of the best fuck sites on the web, here you can find members who’re into swinging, bondage, fetishes, domination, submission, and everything else in-between.
Yes, you can get matched with someone who shares your kinks – no matter how dirty or weird you might feel about your fetishes – they’ll be someone on here who think it’s hot AF too.
If you’re a member, you can also sneak a peek at who viewed your page, and take part in the friend network and connect with people willing to talk about their favorite taboo subject. It’s basically Facebook for kinky people.
- BDSM community for easy search/filtering/matches
- See who viewed your profile
- 24/7 phone support
- Lots of X-rated niche content
- As with most sex sites, many fake profiles
- Long questionnaires to read
- $11.99/3 months
- $8.95/12 months
7. Craigslist Activities/Missed Connections – Best Personals and Casual Encounters
Craigslist still lives up to its reputation as a wild and mostly unfiltered dating site, although posts now require a cell phone number – just in case of anything too creepy. While the personals page was famously shut down several years ago, you can still find dating partners on the “Missed Connections” and “Activity Partners” community sections.
Craigslist lives on! …kind of.
In terms of demographics, it’s mostly men that use Craigslist. Here you’re likely to find gay men, prostitutes, trans people, married people, or swinging couples, so it could be right up your alley if any of those tickle your fancy.
- Post ads for casual dating without registration
- Easy for a woman to find many dates
- Posts require a traceable cell number
- Individual posts can be flagged for almost any reason
- Mostly unfiltered posts, including lots of spammers
- Poster must provide a phone number (not great for anonymity)
8. Bumble – Best Hookup App for Women
Bumble is the brainy alternative to most apps for hooking up and was made with a female perspective in mind. Men can swipe profiles and match with someone they like, but it’s up to the woman to start a conversation.
The idea? No more floods of dick pics for ladies.
Bumble also has a career friend finder and a platonic friend finder, in addition to casual or serious dating. Though it operates similarly to Tinder, it has a social community aspect that many women and intelligent men will find appealing.
- Women are the first to start a conversation
- Premium lets you view the people who already liked your profile
- A 60 percent success rate for matches turning into a conversation
- Not much for keyword searching or filtering matches
- Men may dislike the app model
- A limited number of free swipes and chats
- The Premium “Plus” package starts at $8.99 per week
9. Tinder – Best App For Hookups
Tinder is one of the easiest hooking up apps to use since you can log on with a Facebook account or a cellphone number and then start swiping. If you like someone’s profile, then swipe right. If they also like your profile, it’s a match! You can start chatting and arrange to meet.
It really is that simple.
Although it’s easily one of the best hookup apps, Tinder does have its problems.
For example, you frequently see complaints from men being ignored by women, or complaints from women about socially stunted men. Still, if you’re down for bar hopping or going to a club to meet some interesting new people, you’ll have fun.
- Just need a cellphone number or Facebook account
- Features like “super like” will get someone’s attention
- Match with locals & out-of-towners visiting
- No keyword or filtering searches
- Must pay premium membership to search other cities across the country or world
- A bit pricey
- A limited number of free swipes per day
- $9.99 a month for those under 30, $19.99 a month for over 30
10. OkCupid – One of the Best Adult Dating Sites For LGBTQ+
OkCupid is the Gen Z and Millennial-friendly alternative to old-school matching sites. In recent years, it has focused on diversity, inclusivity, and on modern culture in order to court younger demographics.
Most users are between the ages of 25 and 34 – so it worked!
While most sites now offer gay dating, OkCupid goes one step further and offers selections for 13 genders, 22 sexual orientations, and even your own preferred pronouns.
It’s an intimate and personal way to put yourself out there and will help find a better quality match, even if it’s just for a one-night stand or a friend with benefits.
- The most LGBTQ-friendly app/site
- Five-minute fun questionnaire
- Hashtag badges show your views on political issues
- Caters exclusively to younger demographics
- A-List, $19.95/month
- A-List, $9.95/6 months
- A-List Premium, $34.90 per month
11. eHarmony – Best “Friends or More” Dating App
The fact that many people desire to turn their casual flings into serious relationships is probably not lost on sites like eHarmony. Though eHarmony claims to be commitment-minded, many users log onto the site to find a friend with benefits or a one-night stand – and then see what happens.
You’ve got to be chill!
If you’re “looking for something” and yet open-minded to the idea of love someday developing with a friend, a site like eHarmony might work.
Matches are made using advanced algorithms based on a complex personality questionnaire. Most people who use eHarmony get together for a long-term relationship, even though casual dating is what first attracted them.
- Advanced algorithm & questionnaire
- Paying members get the option of verified profiles
- You can request a user’s criminal background for safety
- Not a great place if you’re looking for ONLY sex
- No keyword or filter searching
- $39.95/3 months
- $29.95/6 months
- $19.95/12 months
12. Zoosk – Best Site For Casual Hookups Internationally
Zoosk supposedly has 40 million active members that are located all over the world. It’s also easy to join by using your Facebook profile, saving you a lot of time and hassle!
The site claims to use SmartPick and Dating Insights technology, which helps create matches for you based on your online behavior patterns. In other words, they make it a hell of a lot easier for you to find people you’re compatible with.
Zoosk also allows you to filter your search, which is something many casual dating apps don’t have. Choose local matches based on age range, religion, lifestyle, and other viewpoints. Whether you’re hooking up or looking for love, it’s nice to match with people you see eye-to-eye with!
- Members in 80 different countries
- Offers both one night stands & committed relationships
- Good searching tools
- Complaints of spammy profiles & members that never log in again
- No free chats – free members can only browse
- $19.98/3 months
- $12.49/6 months
FAQs About Hookup Sites and Finding Sex Online
What are the best free casual sex sites with no credit card or registration?
While many free casual sex sites offer limited chats and browsing, there are two big-name dating sites that are completely free.
First, there’s Reddit Dirty R4R, which doesn’t require any registration or credit card payment. Users can browse, respond to ads, or send private messages by clicking on a user’s name. However, your user base is limited and there are many fake accounts.
Second, there’s Craigslist, specifically in the subcategories of Activity Partners or Missed Connections. While you can definitely find hookups on Craigslist, it’s basically the Wild West of hooking up sites, so you need to be careful who you’re agreeing to meet on there.
Alternatively, sites like Adult Friend Finder and Ashley Madison require payment, but they’re significantly more secure and have million of users all over the world, so your chances of getting lucky are substantially higher.
Sometimes you get what you pay for!
Which hookup dating site is best for older men?
Seeking.com is the best hookup dating site for older men, specifically if they’re looking to become a Sugar Daddy. Male users tend to be rich, experienced, and open about their desire to be a “sugar daddy” to a younger match (a “sugar baby”).
It could be fun!
The paid subscription to Seeking also eliminates a lot of the competition for men, giving them a higher ratio of female to male members because women can join for free. Seeking actually has 79% female members, which is basically unheard of in the dating and hookup site world!
Which hookup site is best for younger guys?
Ashley Madison encourages a total lack of commitment since most users are already married or looking for married lovers.
Married women who cheat must be discreet in order to avoid family catastrophe. They only want affairs and not a progressive relationship. Most younger men are likewise not looking for anything serious.
In theory, it’s the opposite of Seeking.com and allows younger men to chase mature women, without wealth playing a factor.
What’s the best hookup site or app for women?
Bumble was created to be the opposite of most male-centric dating apps by letting women control who they chat with, rather than being bombarded with low-quality conversations and/or unwanted pictures of genitalia.
Both men and women can swipe until they find a match on Bumble. Once a woman finds a well-written profile with good photos that she likes the look of, she starts the conversation.
What do people mean by hooking up?
The definition of hooking up is sometimes debated, especially regarding the etiquette of before and after. However, most people agree it’s sex (or something close to sex) without commitment.
Usually, follow-up dates are not expected, so hookups would be similar to “one night stands” or “casual affairs”.
Make sure you and your partner are on the same page!
Are sex hookup sites safe to use?
Contrary to what you might read, there are no completely safe sex hookups sites or dating sites for that matter. The “safest” sites are the ones like eHarmony or Seeking, which actually verify the identities of members. Some sites even allow you to do a criminal background check for peace of mind.
Only you can exercise good judgment when dating a stranger. Remember these tips:
- Try to do a live video chat before meeting to confirm their identity
- Perform a reverse image search on their photos to check they’re not copied from somewhere else on the internet
- Only date in public places to start with – get to know the person
- Always tell a friend or family member where you’re going
- Always bring a cell phone (and a can of mace just to be safe)
- Take your own vehicle so you can leave if things get suspicious
- Bring condoms for protection – always insist!
- If you get a weird feeling, leave
Keep these tips in mind and use your common sense when using sex hookup sites and adult search sites – you never know who you might be talking to!
What’s the difference between a hookup and friends with benefits?
A hookup is just about finding sexual chemistry.
Usually, there is no follow-up date – and not necessarily any personal information shared either. The “friends with benefits” scenario is closer to real dating.
You may not be committed to each other, but you still date traditionally. You also follow up with text chats or phone calls, and you do care about each other as close friends.
Hookups tend not to be romantic or even emotional in nature. It’s just the “right place at the right time.”
Conclusion – What Are The Best Legit Hookup Sites?
Our research suggested that Adult Friend Finder is the most likely site to find fast hookups because of its 80 million members and potential for niche matching. With open-minded swingers and kinksters, it’s easy for you to find sex without all the pretense of “dating” first.
It cuts the bullshit, you know?
Ashley Madison, however, came in a close second because of its discreet nature and the “married but looking” demographic, which is almost always casual and not romantic in nature. There are even features like face-blurring and emergency logouts to keep you anonymous.
It’s easy to sign up for the best hookup apps and find a potential match. Remember, though, the best way to test your chemistry is to focus on looking good and conveying positive energy. Ultimately, that’s what makes you attractive, and that’s what people on hookup apps will notice first.
Whichever site you choose, good luck out there!