William Shatner Reveals Song Lineup for His Upcoming "Metal Album"
Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:06 AM
Categories: Incredibly Strange
Back in February, we broke the news that William Shatner was working on a star-studded new album with some of LA's most prominent metal session musicians (Read "William Shatner Is Recording Star-Studded Metal Album in L.A.: We Got the Details").
Well, now WilliamShatner.com (of course there's such a thing!) is confirming the song lineup. And although the metal representation is heavy (can you top "Silver Machine originally by Hawkwind - Wayne Kramer from the MC5 is adding guitar and Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge/Rod Stewart) is adding a guest drum part" and "Iron Man originally by Black Sabbath - Zakk Wylde (ex Ozzy guitarist) played guitar and did a vocal on this track"), there's also reggae, glam and Steve Miller Band (you can guess which tune...)
Here's the complete lineup:
The Line up for "Searching for Major Tom" has been announced. WilliamShatner.com is happy to report that the album due out later in 2011 on the Cleopatra Records label will have the following songs:
- Space Trucking originally by Deep Purple - Deep Purple drummer Ian Paice has performed the drum part. Johnny Winter is on guest guitar.
- She Blinded Me With Science originally by Thomas Dolby - Bootsy Collins is on as the guest bassist. Patrick Moraz (ex Yes and Moody Blues) is guesting on keyboards/synth.
- In a Little While originally by U2 - Manuel Gottsching from Ash Ra Tempel has added guitar.
- Empty Glass originally by The Tea Party - Michael Schenker (UFO/Scorpions) has added guest guitar.
- Lost in the Stars as done by Frank Sinatra - Jazz legend Ernie Watts is on guest saxophone.
- Twilight Zone originally by Golden Earring - Warren Haynes (Gov't Mule/Allman Brothers) is on guest guitar.
- Space Cowboy originally by Steve Miller - Country artist Brad Paisley has added guitar and vocals.
- Rocket Man originally by Elton John - Guitarist Steve Hillage (ex Gong member and current member of techno rock duo System 7) has added guest guitar
- Space Oddity originally by David Bowie - Ritchie Blackmore (ex-Deep Purple) has added guest guitar. Alan Parsons is adding guest keyboards.
- Spirit in the Sky originally by Norman Greenbaum - Peter Frampton has played guitar on this track.
- Bohemian Rhapsody originally by Queen - John Wetton from Asia has played bass and done a vocal.
- Silver Machine originally by Hawkwind - Wayne Kramer from the MC5 is adding guitar and Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge/Rod Stewart) is adding a guest drum part.
- Major Tom originally by Peter Shilling - Nick Valensi, the guitarist from the Strokes has added guest guitar to this this track. Also Zakk Wylde (ozzy osbourn, black label society) and Mike Inez (Alice In Chains)have contributed to this track.
- Learning to Fly originally by Pink Floyd - Edgar Froese from Tangerine Dream has played guitar and keyboards on this track.
- Mr. Spaceman originally by The Byrds - Dave Davies from the Kinks has added guest guitar on this track.
- Iron Man originally by Black Sabbath - Zakk Wylde (ex Ozzy guitarist) played guitar and did a vocal on this track.
- Planet Earth originally by Duran Duran - Steve Howe, guitarist with Yes, played guitar on this track.
- Walking on the Moon originally by The Police - Toots of Toots & the Maytals has added a guest vocal.
- Mrs. Major Tom - female singer to add a track -To be announced