Food in the Media
Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 10/8 - 10/12
Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Categories: Food in the Media
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "So basically there's a great feeling of satisfaction when I see a full plate of salumi being served." Chad Colby's Salumi Night at Mozza Scuola Di Pizza Goes to 4 Nights a Week.
- "Gill added, 'in terms of popularity, it spread like wildfire.' Forgive us." Golden Road Unveils Burning Bush + Debuts at the GABF.
- "Drop some breadcrumbs, so to speak. In this case, some of the best pastries and desserts, and the places to find them, in town." 10 Best Sweet Treats in Los Angeles.
- "Last year was the year of canning and preserving, this year, it's vegan cookbooks." The Year of the Vegan Cookbook: 5 Great New Animal-Free Titles.
- "Marketing ploys and salmonella aside, Harry & David did make the Doyenne du Comice -- or just Comice -- pear the go-to fruit gift of the holidays." What's in Season at the Farmers Market: Doyenne du Comice Pears.
- "Let's count the reasons we love mole." 10 Best Moles in Los Angeles.
- "'Finally here!' are words we hear all too often with every 30-minute-meal cookbook these days, but with the release of Naomi Duguid's latest cookbook, Burma: Rivers of Flavor, it couldn't be more accurate." Cookbook of the Week: Naomi Duguid's Burma, Rivers of Flavor Is Here + A Recipe For Fried Banana-Sesame Seed Fritters!
- "Of course, Berkeley isn't the only place where pastrami is experiencing a renaissance." The New Pastrami Sandwich + 3 Great Places to Get One.
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.