Friday, August 31, 2012
Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 8/27 - 8/31
Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Categories: Food Blogs
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Yes, a paleta is an ice pop, in the same way that a square is a rectangle, which is to say it's frozen and has a stick." 10 Best Paletas in Los Angeles.
- "We have a notoriously low percentage of passport holders. I don't understand that at all." Q & A with Anthony Bourdain: The End of No Reservations, CNN + Throwing a Drink in Alan Richman's Face.
- "Don't forget the wine either; you can't drive on the island anyway. (See: Bill Murray and golf carts.)" A Recipe From the Chef: Paul Hancock's Cioppino From Catalina Island's Avalon Grille.
- "There's obviously some crossover potential, the chance for a Frankenstein-like monster, the hipster-foodie." Hipster vs. Foodie: Which Is Worse?
- "As with everything at Susan Feniger's restaurant, it's meant to be shared, but we admit we ate it all ourselves." 10 Best Meatballs in Los Angeles.
- "While we're waiting for our fill of Mrs. Patmore's kitchen quips (come to think of it, Maggie Smith's character really does look a spot like Gordon Ramsay), cookbook author Emily Ansara Baines has come to our mushy pea rescue." The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook + An (Unofficial) Recipe For Mushy Peas.
- "The store will also carry candy-inspired apparel, jewelry, stationery and spa products (what the?)." Dylan's Candy Bar to Open First Shop in L.A.
- "If we've learned anything from all the specialty coffee shops in the city -- other than what, exactly, constitutes barista chic -- it's that we can pick up a bag of great beans and easily figure out how to make our own great good cup of coffee at home." 4 Coffee Classes Where You Can Learn How to Make (Better) Coffee at Home.
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.