Friday, August 24, 2012
Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 8/20 - 8/24
Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Categories: Food Blogs
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Please get us another cocktail, Honey." Marriage Means More Drinking for Women, Less for Men.
- "Angelenos, there are some spectacular onion rings being fried up in our midst." 10 Best Onion Rings in Los Angeles.
- "But next time you're sitting in the drivethru, maybe keep this list in mind." Top 6 Fast Food Items We're Guessing Michelle Obama Would Ask You to Avoid.
- "Thus, as weary as you may be of this trend, the number of gastropubs per capita makes it highly likely that you'll find yourself going to at least one in the near future -- to meet a potentially bad date, maybe, or for an after-work happy hour." The Gastropub Flowchart: If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em.
- "Hops are refreshing, bright, pleasant -- not like you're being physically assaulted by a pine tree." 5 End of Summer California Beer Releases To Buy Now.
- "But in summer, when L.A. farmers markets are loaded with gorgeous produce, sometimes it's more fun to cook your own dinner. Just to prove you still can." 10 Great Cookbooks for Summer.
- "The best part occurs just after you place your order -- there is a din of Farsi as the cashier yells your order back to the cook." 65: Beef Koobideh at Kabab Mahaleh.
- "But as we were saying, it really all comes down to pie crust." Cookbook Trends: New Quinoa Cookbooks, For Health Or Pleasure.
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.