Food in the Media
Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 5/29 - 6/1
Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Categories: Food in the Media
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "If you want more of this salsa, it'll be an extra quarter. This would be but a small price to pay for a fleeting moment of bliss." Top 6 Tacos in the San Fernando Valley.
- "It's unknown whether the spray jelly can also be utilized as a personal lubricant, but you'll soon be able to find out when the product hits the shelves at the Umami shop online." Umami Burger's Fancy "Pink Slime" Burger.
- "People rightly pilgrimage there, locating the place by wood and perfume -- and the sign, in which "Western" is spelled backwards, as if Hans Christian Andersen (or maybe Wes Anderson) was actually running the show." 94: Peruvian Chicken at Pollo a la Brasa.
- "'"You'd think eating organic would make you feel elevated and want to pay it forward.'" Organic Foodies Are Jerks, Study Finds.
- "A love for wine and dogs can co-exist." 5 Dog-Friendly Winery Tasting Rooms.
- "Their motto: In the game of food, you win or you wash dishes." Game of Thrones Official Cookbook Debuts + A Recipe for Medieval Applecakes.
- "Not the undead, flesh-eating sort, but the cocktail variety, brought to life in the '30s by Donn Beach at his Hollywood restaurant Don the Beachcomber, just after the repeal of Prohibition." At Melisse: Reviving the Zombie.
- "As the series continues, you likely will see L.A.'s hockey faithful at breakfast, carrying out a makeshift tradition that goes back to January, when left wing Dustin Penner threw out his back while eating pancakes." 5 Great Pancakes in Los Angeles: For L. A. Kings' Fans.
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.