Food in the Media
Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 9/6-9/9
Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 8:00 PM
Categories: Food in the Media
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "The restaurant occupies one of the best spots in Little Tokyo, right next to the perpetually megacrowded ramen shop Daikokuya, and is as bright and modern as its blaring 1970s rock is not -- I'm not sure I've ever heard "Eye of the Tiger'' played ironically outside a gym." Fat Spoon: Japanese Curry with A Pedigree.
- "'They can send me the foie gras police.'" Chefs to Defy Foie Gras Ban?
- "Valdez taught herself to make them by putting up a photo of her beloved grandmother La La, blasting tejano music and letting the spirit of abuelita guide her." Best Frito Pie Served In The Bag.
- "A surfeit of balls, as there should be." Ben & Jerry's Releases Schweddy Balls Ice Cream.
- "Simply throwing that morning brew into a cup of ice is a tantalizing option, but not the best: doing so generally shocks the coffee and results in a harsh, bitter cup that will do nothing to help your heat-induced crankiness." Top 5 Iced Coffee Drinks Perfect for This Blistering Heat.
- "As you drink your soda the marble rattles and clinks, a constant source of excitement." 5 Awesomely Weird Japanese Soft Drinks.
- "After landing a job at a biotech firm, Chris began salvaging broken parts from work each week, refurbishing them, and using them to expand the trio's brewing operation." More L.A. Craft Beer News: Enegren Brewing Company.
- "It does make for a lot of sangria, but we suppose that's how you know you're throwing a fiesta." Battle Sangria: Rick Bayless vs. Susan Feniger & Mary Sue Milliken + a Recipe from the Winner.