Food in the Media
Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 7/18-7/22
Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 6:00 PM
Categories: Food in the Media
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "It is quite true: Korean fried chicken is the new black. Or was the new black three ago when the chicken wars began to get nasty, but that's another story." The New KFC: Korean Fried Chicken.
- "On paper, it sounds dreadful. In practice, it's one of the funniest films of the year and, perhaps, one of the funniest food-themed films ever -- at least for the first hour." The Trip: Funniest Food Movie... Ever?
- "There comes a time when the stack of cookbooks next to the couch has reached the height of an OSHA violation." Top 5 Reasons to Love E-Reader Cookbooks.
- "The eight winning (and we mean that in much the same way Charlie Sheen does) dishes are loaded with bacon, fried eggs and pork belly, ice cream and peanut butter, and come stuffed, fried, and accompanied by more fried things. Big surprise." Xtreme Eating Awards Announced: Top 8 Worst Things To Eat.
- "And while we are used to reviewing intimate, craft beer bars, comparing the vast selection of California craft beer and so-good ambiance that is Mohawk Bend to most other beer joints is akin to reviewing the Rolling Stones if they played at a local battle of the bands night." A Peek Into Mohawk Bend [Photo Gallery].
- "But we're still not quite sure if it's a sugar high thing, or if we're having a misdirected audience reader moment." Cookbook Review: Intoxicated Cupcakes: 41 Tipsy Treats.
- "Drown your sorrows in these clever cocktails devised by The Backyard Bartender, who has spent an admirable, and perhaps frightening, amount of time thinking about how to toast a Quidditch match or what to bring to a Slytherin frat party." Harry Potter Cocktails.
- "There are some fun personal moments when we're not working (like cowboy boot shopping), but for the most part business is business and we keep our marriage out of the restaurant." Q & A with Chef Ludo and Krissy Lefebvre: Ludo Bites America, and It's Delicious.