Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 4/4-4/8
Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM
Categories: Food Blogs, Food News, Listings
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Somebody had a great week once in Provence, and wants the Meatpacking District -- and the swingers at the Melrose Place sequel -- to be as happy as he or she was." First Bite: Fig & Olive, and More Figs and Olives.
- "Wysaski's table brings order to the chaos. Creating it took him 'a long freaking time.'" The Periodic Table of Meat Explained: Q & A with Jeff Wysaski.
- "People go to China, and they just get sucked in. They really do. The next thing you know, you've been there six years, opened several businesses." Q & A With Kelley Lee, Part 1: Moving to Shanghai, Menu as Nostalgia + The Joy of In-N-Out.
- "Called the OCD Chef Cutting Board, the 9" x 12" beechwood board will run you about $25, which is probably cheaper than more Ritalin." The OCD Chef's Cutting Board: Of Kitchen Tools, Rhombuses + Ritalin.
- "'We don't use the term lightly,' said Nazario of the 'revolution' in the project's title." Masa Revolution: Patricia Nazario's Food Truck Documentary Project.
- "Both restaurants are owned by Lettuce Entertain You, which has such a punny name it sounds like it ought to be repping party clowns." LGO Becomes M Street Kitchen; Stella Rossa Pizza to Open Next Door.
- "Thinking blue just isn't enough for the Dodgers anymore, now they want you to drink blue too (blue agave, that is)." Buzzedball: Dodgers Partner with El Zarco Tequila.
- "And no, as near as we can tell, the face of Jesus Christ did not appear on any slab of sustainable, organic, locally sourced, hand-jigsawed beef." Lindy & Grundy: Now Open + Thoughts on Whole Animal Performance Art.