10. Lasagna - "Weird Al" Yankovic. Lynwood's own has done many food themed songs, enough for a compilation (The Food Album), but this list of familiar Italian items to the tune of La Bamba gets the edge.
9. Chicken Necks - Don & Juan. Originally recorded by The Genies (of which "Don" was a member), a man lamenting that his wife won't cook anything other than certain poultry parts: "Chicken heads, chicken feet, chicken necks is all I eat.", later adding: "she never cooks any collard greens, no potatoes, no Lima beans."
8. Soul Food - Albert Collins. Cornbread, biscuits, mashed potatoes, candied yams, turnip greens and chitlins all get mentioned is this song by the Texas blues guitarist. "I see a man headed 'cross the track, food was so good, I see he's comin' back."
7. Pita City Falafel - Parry Gripp. With an entire album of pseudo-jingles, many of them food related (waffles, donuts, nachos, pizza, raisins), there are many to choose from, but I pick this 37 second ditty to a tune reminiscent of The Clash's Clash City Rockers.
6. Hungry Man - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five. Another man who recorded several songs about food was this jump blues/r&b pioneer. In this number written by Bobby Troup (who also wrote Route 66), he describes in rhyme where he goes to get certain foods: "I often fly up to the Maine coast, to get broiled lobster with some plain toast"..." 'cos I'm such a hungry man."