Reader comments are to blogs what letters to the editor used to be, more or less. But as anyone who used to read those has long recognized, blog comments are -- not unlike blogs themselves -- faster, shorter, and often far more irreverent. Which is what makes them so much fun. So, as the year draws to the close and the Year in Review pieces accumulate as fast as the Best Of lists, we thought we'd weigh in with our own Best Blog Comments of 2010.
Have we missed some good ones? Of course we have. There were about 7,000 comments, so forgive us if you wrote a haiku version of the Great American Novel in comment form and we didn't include it. You can always comment below and remind us, or hey, there's always 2011. Turn the page for 10 of our favorite blog comments of the last year. And thank you.
10. bsquared: I actually do have the ability to taste soup with me eyes. It can be a blessing and a curse.
9. Cam: I was a participant in this study, and it had some egregious methodological flaws. Participants "inflicted" tone blasts on the actor by circling numbers on a piece of paper. Anyone with any sense of cause and effect would realize that circling numbers on a sheet of paper could in no way be translated into a tone blast in real time to another room. Not to mention that the supposedly live video of the actor showed no signs of him receiving the tone blasts - he wasn't wearing headphones and no tone blasts were heard from his side of the video. It was clear from the onset that I was not inflicting pain on the actor.
This just goes to show how important it is to carefully consider the Methods section of a research paper. This doesn't mean that what the researchers found is not true, but in no way can we conclude that meat calms men down until a study with a better methodology is conducted.
8. Dave Lieberman: I am currently drinking Pschitt.
7. Anonymous: I think it will extend fine dining to all the old blue hair ladies that eat Friskies. Now they have a wine to go with thier fine meals they share with their cats.
6. Dude: IT'S JUST A CHICKEN SANDWICH, A MODERATELY OVERPRICED, BASIC TASTING CHICKEN SANDWICH.
5. Motoswami: I overheard a painfully hip girl use the term "Foodielicious" when biting into a pedestrian pizza slice on Hollywood Blvd last week. You are right, this is a BAD trend...
4. Sinosoul: Double kudos for trekking up to Van Nuys. I prefer smelling like cheap stripper perfume myself but, point well taken.
3. Onanie Bomb: I bet the house belongs to Richard Alarcon.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
2. non blogger who is laughing & crying: I can only hope that LAweekly has some system for closing and or removing all comments so that people can return to more productive behavior. Like eating, and laughing, and posting - each according to their own style - so I can go back to Reading about food and chefs - and not about bloogers.
1. MyLastBite: Hey, my parents are out of town this friday. Coors Party Ball anyone?