Top 10 Scary Beer Names for Halloween
Looking for a chilling potion to compliment your Halloween horror fest? Three L.A. brew experts -- Christina Perozzi of The Beer Chicks, Ryan Sweeney of Verdugo Bar and The Surly Goat Bar, and Alex Macy of City Sip LA, which will be hosting a beer and zombie book pairing this Sunday from 5 to 7 p.m. -- conjured up this top 10 list of beers with creepy names for the occasion.
9. Alesmith Evil Dead Red: Crack open this Halloween specialty brew while watching everyone's favorite B horror movie of the same name. FYI, this beer is so evil that its ABV is 6.66%.
8. Craftsman Edgar's Ale: A local strong ale that's old-school scary as it's named after author and master of macabre, Edgar Allan Poe.
Edgar Allan Poe
7. Port Brewing Shark Attack: Enjoy this red imperial ale with that horror classic of the high seas, Jaws.
6. Avery Mephistopheles: Part of a trio of "demon ales," this stout takes the name of the demon from the Faust legend, where a man sells his soul to the devil. It was for knowledge and pleasure, by the way, not for beer.
5. Unibroue Maudite: Maudite is Québécois for "damned," as this strong dark ale was named after eight lumberjacks who supposedly made a pact with the devil.
4. Wychwood Brewery King Goblin: A special reserve brew so spooky that it's only brewed on a full moon.
3. Lost Abbey's Witch's Wit: The name isn't scary, but the fact that the artwork on the label has recently landed the brewery in hot water with the pagan community is.
2. Rogue Dead Guy Ale: Can't have a horror film without dead guys. This ale's tap sticker, especially popular with Grateful Dead fans, was originally created to celebrate All Soul's Day.
1. Fallen Angel Black Death Chili: An English beer made with the world's hottest chili, the Naga or Death Chili, rated at 850,000 Scovilles. One sip is sure to make you pray for death.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Big Fat Jerks Set Rocio's Mole de los Dioses on Fire, McWhoppers for Peace and More:...
- Huitlacoche Is No Scourge In L.A. Here's Where to Find the Funky Mexican Corn Fungus
- No One Wants To Use Your Stupid Restaurant App
- Help Us Determine L.A.'s Top Chefs, Tacos, Cocktails, Burgers, Brunch and More for Our...